Bring bottles of water on board

go fish 44

15 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

No. You could bring cans or cartons of water. No bottles.

Exactly this. They do sell bottles of water through Funshops that you can order before hand to be in your cabin. Not as good a deal as it used to be but still not too bad pricewise (last I checked anyway). We have Cheers this time around so we'll just grab water from a bar until we have enough to take ashore with us (which is the only time that we use bottled water).

• Like 1

I just ordered a 12-pack and it was 9.95 (11.75 total w/tax/delivery or whatever they add on).  I thought the price was pretty reasonable (especially for the convenience).  We recently went to Disneyland where bottled water everywhere (parks, hotel, etc) was over $4 a bottle.

For reference, on Pride a few weeks ago a 500ml bottle of water was $1.75 and the 1.5l bottle was $4.25 when bought from a bar.  They will, of course, add gratuity to that.  Both were included in my Cheers package (the larger bottle only in the MDR).

4 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Exactly this. They do sell bottles of water through Funshops that you can order before hand to be in your cabin. Not as good a deal as it used to be but still not too bad pricewise (last I checked anyway). We have Cheers this time around so we'll just grab water from a bar until we have enough to take ashore with us (which is the only time that we use bottled water).

I suspect you can order the same through room service for the same price. You certainly used to be able to. I wonder if they still charge the old price?

10 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I suspect you can order the same through room service for the same price. You certainly used to be able to. I wonder if they still charge the old price?

I believe that it's the same price as through Funshops, if my memory isn't tripping me up and what I've read is accurate. The delivery fee will be the same either way, not sure if sales tax would be charged for a Funshop purchase. (ETA- just did a faux order for our upcoming cruise out of NOLA, $9.95 for the 12 500ml bottles of water and $1.80 delivery fee, no tax.)

Edited by sparks1093

Every time I see a post asking the same question, all I think is how they are putting vodka or other clear liquor in the bottles, superglue and recap the tops. They will always say "no, we just want our water!" Then buy it because it is offered for sale on the ship.

Edited by BoozinCroozin
  • Like 1