Princess Announces Lavazza Official Coffee Partner

LACruiser88

March 23, 2023 3:20 PM EDT
Princess Cruises Announces Lavazza as Official Coffee Partner

New Partnership Brings Premium Italian Coffee Brand Lavazza to all Princess ships

SANTA CLARITA, Calif., March 23, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Princess Cruises, the world's most iconic cruise brand, today announced that world-renowned coffee brand, Lavazza, is now the line's Official Coffee Partner. For more than 120 years, Lavazza has expressed the essence of real Italian coffee, with a passion for superior quality.

"Princess guests love their coffee as the morning ritual at the International Café in the legendary Princess Piazza. With a relentless focus on what's important to our guests, we are upgrading the experience and magnifying our Italian heritage with Lavazza," said John Padgett, president of Princess Cruises. "Our Lavazza partnership gives our guests yet another thing to love about a Princess vacation."

Lavazza offerings will begin rolling out on Princess ships throughout the spring and guests can expect to enjoy the brand's array of hot coffee options and convenient Ready-to-Drink cans. The relationship will extend beyond offering Lavazza products and services on board to include unique coffee-inspired dinners and recipes collectively designed by Lavazza experts and Princess executive chefs, educational sessions, tastings, food pairings and samplings. The two brands will also collaborate on upcoming marketing campaigns, promotions and exclusive events.

"We have been inspired by the way Princess Cruises creates memorable experiences for their guests and feel a strong synergy between both brands in our commitment to quality, innovation and entertainment," shared Camille Vareille, vice president - head of marketing Americas at Lavazza Group. "We are excited to come onboard to offer an elevated coffee program and showcase our premium products to a broader, international audience."

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do enjoy an espresso in the afternoon.  I've always enjoyed Lavazza so I suspect that this will be a good thing.  I have always found the espresso in the IC to be "adequate" and nothing more.  I suspect that this means a changeover to branded service ware which would be a shame, but I get it.  I like the Princess themed espresso cups, but I suspect those are headed toward retirement.  I assume that the picture in the press release reveals the future state.

• Like 3

That's great news!  Lavazza makes for a great shot of espresso.  Wonder if Lavazza will also be used for the brewed coffee machines in World Fresh Marketplace (Horizon Court) on Royal Class ships?   

• Like 3

Wasn't there a thread in the last few days announcing Nespresso machines in some cabins on Princess ships? I wonder how this latest announcement fits in. In any case, the addition of a decent coffee maker in each cabin would be great, were it to happen. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

"Princess guests love their coffee as the morning ritual at the International Café in the legendary Princess Piazza. With a relentless focus on what's important to our guests, we are upgrading the experience and magnifying our Italian heritage with Lavazza," said John Padgett, president of Princess Cruises.

@Colorado Coasty in the first sentence

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Wasn't there a thread in the last few days announcing Nespresso machines in some cabins on Princess ships? I wonder how this latest announcement fits in. In any case, the addition of a decent coffee maker in each cabin would be great, were it to happen. Fingers crossed.

YES!

We would love the Lavazza capsules in the rooms too!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

YES!

We would love the Lavazza capsules in the rooms too!

Not trying to get ahead of ourselves here, but don't you think that if Princess partnered with Nespresso for the installation of machines that the contract would mandate the inclusion of Nespresso pods in the rooms as well? Not saying that you couldn't bring your own.  But in all of the hotels that I have stayed in that have Nespresso machines in them, I cannot remember a single time when the pods provided alongside were anything other than Nespresso.  (Which I happen to like by the way.)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

well, well, well ... imagine that ... with the no longer being able to purchase a 'coffee only package' or swapping out the mini bar ... things that go bump in the night ...

We can’t swap out the mini bar anymore?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

well, well, well ... imagine that ... with the no longer being able to purchase a 'coffee only package' or swapping out the mini bar ... things that go bump in the night ...

Thinking the same.  And international cafe coffees are currently around half the price of Peet's, Coffee Bean, Starbucks.  Sounds like they'll be raising them to be in line with coffees off the ships.    

13 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Not trying to get ahead of ourselves here, but don't you think that if Princess partnered with Nespresso for the installation of machines that the contract would mandate the inclusion of Nespresso pods in the rooms as well? Not saying that you couldn't bring your own.  But in all of the hotels that I have stayed in that have Nespresso machines in them, I cannot remember a single time when the pods provided alongside were anything other than Nespresso.  (Which I happen to like by the way.)

Maybe they're off brand machines which take Nespresso type capsules?  Wouldn't put it past Princess!

8 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Probably in the minority, but I would rather get better quality/tasting coffee than be able to purchase it in a coffee package.  I never bothered with the coffee card because the espresso shots are so foul tasting.  The brewed coffee in the buffets are equally as bad.

Now if Princess would properly train the baristas to properly form a puck with enough grounds, but that's asking for too much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Probably in the minority, but I would rather get better quality/tasting coffee than be able to purchase it in a coffee package.  I never bothered with the coffee card because the espresso shots are so foul tasting.  The brewed coffee in the buffets are equally as bad.

Now if Princess would properly train the baristas to properly form a puck with enough grounds, but that's asking for too much.

Morning barista is sometimes a too tired Vines guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1