SOUTHAMPTON PORT TO ST PANCRAS STATION

The last time we went TA it was on the QM and they had a excursion  bus from the arrival port, Southampton, to the Eurostar station at St Pancras. NCL doesn't do that . Anyone have experience on a NCL cruise or any cruise ending in Southampton that is traveling to St Pancras station? Preferably by train I guess.  Obviously we are going to Paris. 

Just now, winemaker1 said:

The last time we went TA it was on the QM and they had a excursion  bus from the arrival port, Southampton, to the Eurostar station at St Pancras. NCL doesn't do that . Anyone have experience on a NCL cruise or any cruise ending in Southampton that is traveling to St Pancras station? Preferably by train I guess.  Obviously we are going to Paris. 

When we did it a couple of years ago we took a taxi from the pier to the Southampton station, then a train to London (Victoria Station IIRC), then a taxi across town to the Euro Star terminal at St. Pancras Station.  I tried to find a train from Southampton that made a direct connection to the Euro Star, but none was available at that time. 

I would check the Ports of Call forum on this site for multiple options on getting from Southampton to London.  If interested, I have a wonderful private driver that I have used twice going the opposite direction (he lives in Southampton and insisted on coming back to our hotel in the morning to take us to the port at not charge). He is not cheap but a wonderful fellow and a joy to talk to during the drive. Not sure if I can post his contact info here but will if allowed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, winemaker1 said:

@winemaker1

To help you out I have moved your topic to the British Isles/Western Europe forum where it will be on topic. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

suggest you use the Follow feature on this thread or any other thread where you are interested in the replies. That way you will not have to go looking to see if there are new replies because they will come looking for you as notifications! If you need more info on how to do it, please click the following: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

Happy sails,

Host Kat 

9 hours ago, coin ops said:

We are lthinking of West Quay car service next year to get the Eurostars train to Paris.   https://westquaycars.com/southampton-london/

With luggage, we don't want to have deal with buses and taxis. 

I live in Southampton and use west quay cars all the time, especially  to London, I find them very good.

You could consider flying direct from Southampton Airport to Paris Orly. I see that Eastern Airways has one at around 10:30 which would be doable if you booked a taxi from the port.

You need to do a test booking to find out what the cost would be as, like all low-cost airlines, there are extra charges for luggage.

11 hours ago, winemaker1 said:

Obviously we are going to Paris. 

It's not that obvious - it could just as easily be Brussels, Rotterdam or Amsterdam. But Paris (like Amsterdam) gives you the option of flying, and you could be in Paris before your Eurostar had even set off from St Pancras.

If you really want to transfer to London to get a Eurostar, then the most practical route is train to Waterloo then taxi to St Pancras. You can get from Waterloo to St Pancras by Tube if you take the Jubilee Line to Green Park and then the Victoria Line to Kings Cross St Pancras. Train to Victoria then Tube (Victoria Line direct) to Kings Cross St Pancras is an alternative, but that train is about an hour longer than the train to Waterloo. All of these Tube routes should be step-free throughout.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

I would check the Ports of Call forum on this site for multiple options on getting from Southampton to London.  If interested, I have a wonderful private driver that I have used twice going the opposite direction (he lives in Southampton and insisted on coming back to our hotel in the morning to take us to the port at not charge). He is not cheap but a wonderful fellow and a joy to talk to during the drive. Not sure if I can post his contact info here but will if allowed.

my email is romara8787@gmail.com thanks

21 hours ago, winemaker1 said:

Train Southampton Central - London Waterloo; taxi to St Pancras (across town)

While it's possible to connect between the two via the London Underground, it's a bit of a pain, because there's no direct routing.

• Like 1