**Vaccine Mandate for Turks & Caicos**

Blucapo

The Health Minister for the Turks & Caicos Islands announced this morning that effective April 1st, they will NO LONGER REQUIRE PROOF OF VACCINATION to enter. This is huge as they were the ONLY Caribbean islands still requiring the vax. Sail on!! 🥳🥳🥳

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Blucapo said:

The Health Minister for the Turks & Caicos Islands announced this morning that effective April 1st, they will NO LONGER REQUIRE PROOF OF VACCINATION to enter. This is huge as they were the ONLY Caribbean islands still requiring the vax. Sail on!! 🥳🥳🥳

This is good news for some in my traveling party next Spring Break.  We can all get off in Grand Turk, if this is the case.  Yay.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

Been to Grand Turk several times recently and they never asked to see vaccine status so I’m guessing this is to formalize what they are already doing.

When we booked the other day, my PVP told me they couldn't get off the ship.  Maybe it's something the cruise line monitored?  Whatever the case, Im happy to see the change.  

1 minute ago, Hoosierpop said:

Been to Grand Turk several times recently and they never asked to see vaccine status so I’m guessing this is to formalize what they are already doing.

I can say on Magic they checked mine before boarding. On Grand Turk day they told us to take our records or a picture of them with us but nobody asked for them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blucapo said:

Yes it was tied to your sail card. So the cruise line would know who was required to stay on ship and would leave a note in your room advising you not to get off while docked in T&C.

Then they did a terrible job on my cruises because I don’t have a vaccine card and got off the ship without anyone asking.

Doesn't matter though since they are changing it.

Edited by Hoosierpop
  • Like 1

Carnival verbally asked for our vaccine status when checking in, but did not ask to see our cards, which we had brought.  Upon leaving ship at GT they never even made an announcement to bring vaccine proof with us- just photo id and sail and sign cards so I guess even then tourism had taken priority.