Move-Up Restaurant question for those traveling with friends

amevola

I find it to be a lot of fun to bid on a new stateroom, however, I cannot find an answer to my question when it comes to trying for Aqua Spa Stateroom or higher.

W are traveling with friends who have never sailed on Celebrity.  If we were to bid on and win a AS or higher, would we not be able to have dinner with them in the MDR?

TIA

8 minutes ago, amevola said:

I find it to be a lot of fun to bid on a new stateroom, however, I cannot find an answer to my question when it comes to trying for Aqua Spa Stateroom or higher.

W are traveling with friends who have never sailed on Celebrity.  If we were to bid on and win a AS or higher, would we not be able to have dinner with them in the MDR?

You can dine in the MDR regardless of which stateroom you are sailing in.  If you are Aqua class or Retreat class you would not have an assigned dining time but you can go with your friends. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

You can dine in the MDR regardless of which stateroom you are sailing in.  If you are Aqua class or Retreat class you would not have an assigned dining time but you can go with your friends. 

Thanks so much!!  We sailed with new friends a few times, but they all said they had to go to Blu.  Off I go to put in a bid for AquaClass and above for the fun of it!

Edited by amevola
misspellings
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, amevola said:

Thanks so much!!  We sailed with new friends a few times, but they all said they had to go to Blu.  Off I go to put in a bid for AquaClass and above for the fun of it!

Not sure why they would say that. If sailing as Aqua your main dining room would be Blu but you can arrange to dine in the MDR through the maitre'd.  If you are going to do it every night, let the maitre'd in both the MDR and Blu know the first day/night that is what you will be doing.  

Jus to make sure you know, your friends cannot join you if you decide to eat in Blu. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Not sure why they would say that. If sailing as Aqua your main dining room would be Blu but you can arrange to dine in the MDR through the maitre'd.  If you are going to do it every night, let the maitre'd in both the MDR and Blu know the first day/night that is what you will be doing.  

Jus to make sure you know, your friends cannot join you if you decide to eat in Blu. 

Thank you!  I knew they would not be able to join us in Blu, but it is a smart move and a courteous one  to speak to the maitre'ds to let them know of our plans.

28 minutes ago, amevola said:

It may have been a situation that they figured they paid for AquaClass and wanted to dine in Blu. 
I assume the Spa benefit is important to you?  

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The main reason many book AQ is to have Blu as their main dining room for breakfast and dinner.

On the S class and E class ships the cabins are identical to a veranda in size and decor so without using Blu the only advantage to Aqua is the spa access.

21 hours ago, jagoffee said:

It may have been a situation that they figured they paid for AquaClass and wanted to dine in Blu. 
I assume the Spa benefit is important to you?  

Good luck

Thank you.  I believe yo are correct in that passengers who pay for a particular something would like to be sure to use it, and yes, I would like to have access to the spa.  It would be something new experience for me.  I can always get a day pass should the bid be denied.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Duanerice1 said:

Not sure why you'd want to pay for AQ if you're not going to eat in Blu.  That's really the reason to pay extra.   The Spa isn't worth it..... just pay a daily rate when you want to go. 

Either way.... have a blast!

This is just a move-up chance for a veranda no matter the cabin class.  I would not pay the regular price for AQ for either Blu or the Spa.  We are very happy with the MDR and day passes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2023 at 12:18 PM, amevola said:

TIA

What ship. 

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

5 hours ago, Duanerice1 said:

Not sure why you'd want to pay for AQ if you're not going to eat in Blu.  That's really the reason to pay extra.   The Spa isn't worth it..... just pay a daily rate when you want to go. 

Either way.... have a blast!

Agree 100%!

Thank you all for your input.  My question has been answered.  We are just glad to know that we have the option of eating in the MDR with friends no matter where our stateroom is located.

• Like 2