Name of resort on Bacalar that Native Choice takes you to after the ruins?

FloridaMac

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, HappyTexan44 said:

hmmm, that website has been suspended

"This account has been suspended.
Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources."

Never seen that before.  

LOL you haven’t googled much! it was active in March!

You will have to find another cruiser’s review but as I understand it there is more than one resort on the lagoon and the cruise contract may change. I am only going on what I have read as I have never wanted to do the long ride from Costa Maya but if it is sargassum season I can certainly understand the lagoon as an alternative. Fortunately we only tend to visit between November to early March.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 11:51 AM, Love2CruiseTampa said:

Has anybody been there recently? I have tried calling and emailing them to book a tour to the ruins and lagoon but no response. 

Are you trying to email the resort or Native Choice?  I would think if you email Native Choice and ask them the name of the resort they use, they would respond.  The resort may have ruins tours for staying guests, but you would still need transportation to the resort.

On 5/9/2023 at 10:17 AM, crewsweeper said:

Are you trying to email the resort or Native Choice?  I would think if you email Native Choice and ask them the name of the resort they use, they would respond.  The resort may have ruins tours for staying guests, but you would still need transportation to the resort.

Both. I have emailed Native Choice a few times, and no response except for the very first inquiry in January, which is the same email I have replied to so I am sure the email is correct. Also did an inquiry through their website- no response. Really weird. I've gone ahead and booked directly with Royal because I was concerned to go directly with them. Which is a shame because I almost always do my own thing or hire a local guide. Oh well!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, modernscarlett said:

We were just there with Native Choice. From what I understood, the resort itself isn't reopening. Seems to only be available through Native Choice. We did it along with the Mayan Village and lunch trip.

What do you mean by “it isn’t reopening” and “it is only available through Native Choice”? Do you mean they stop at a location on the lake but there are no facilities?

Are there no water activities, food and drink? Or did you only do the excursion with family lunch and ruins?

Doesn’t really explain why Native Choice are not answering emails unless it is going into spam.

27 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

What do you mean by “it isn’t reopening” and “it is only available through Native Choice”? Do you mean they stop at a location on the lake but there are no facilities?

Are there no water activities, food and drink? Or did you only do the excursion with family lunch and ruins?

Doesn’t really explain why Native Choice are not answering emails unless it is going into spam.

No idea why Native Choice isn’t responding. We did the excursion with the lunch and the lagoon. The resort had facilities and you could get kayaks, etc. As was referenced earlier, the resort website isn’t functioning. Some on the excursion with us had been to the resort previously and had been told that their bungalows and the resort as a standalone wasn’t reopening. It seemed Native Choice excursions were the only ones going there. It is a beautiful place. But the day we were there there were less than 10 visitors. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1