Movies????

theotherKennyB

5 minutes ago, theotherKennyB said:

2 Questions About Movies:

1.Do they ever show movies in the theater or anywhere at night?

2. Is there a selection of movies or other shows on the TV's in the cabins?

Never seen movies in the Venetian Lounge on board and yes there are a selection of movies, TV shows and a few live TV channels available in your suite. Its not a wide selection, but there are several to chose from. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eastwoodboy said:

Venetian lounge often has a film on first and last nights otherwise you suite will be your cinema.

Just to acknowledge your point (which I was completely unaware of), I looked at the chronicles for the first and last nights of the cruise I just got back from. Nothing on the first night, but as you said, one on the last.

13 Mar Bridgetown Embark.pdf 22 Mar St Georges.pdf

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 9:34 AM, les37b said:

Never seen movies in the Venetian Lounge on board and yes there are a selection of movies, TV shows and a few live TV channels available in your suite. Its not a wide selection, but there are several to chose from. 

Just received pdfs from a kind soul here who just completed a voyage on Dawn.  I was very surprised to see that four nights of this 10nt cruise had film in the Venetian for the evening's entertainment:

Movie.thumb.jpg.7cdc1557c1bc73f144ae077db153582a.jpg

Movie2.thumb.jpg.b3a1ef9d6060490845525dbf4cbfbaa3.jpg

Movie3.thumb.jpg.8f534573e8e6075ca8ca255fb717ead8.jpg

Movie4.thumb.jpg.4972d0c8a540167e0a911d4737c213fa.jpg

This schedule shows that there is a live performance for the evening entertainment on every evening but sometimes it was pre-dinner, once it was a game show with music hosted by the cruise director and once it was a poolside show.  It's not unusual to have this mix rather than a late after dinner show every night which is hard for us early birds to stay awake for.  Having a big screen movie choice too is actually an extra plus.  If there is a big sporting event going on, they might stream that instead.

1 hour ago, dawntrdr said:

It's not unusual to have this mix rather than a late after dinner show every night which is hard for us early birds to stay awake for. 

I agree with that!  I was happy to see that there were some evenings where there was an early show.  It will be interesting to see how they split things up on a TA with a lot of consecutive at-sea days.  Later shows are easier when there's no special reason to get up early the next morning.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 3:03 AM, irvington said:

This sounds wonderful. I have happy memories of watching movies as a teen on cruises with my parents.

Except when they got to those mushy scenes.  Then I wanted to be as far from my parents as possible.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of screenings on the Shadow when I sailed for 5 weeks recently. Many of them corresponded to a guest lecturer who was a character actor in many films, so these tended to be older movies rather than current blockbusters. I heard the popcorn was good.

• Like 1