Newark Flight

zodiac1

No...Just because you're due to arrive at 8:00am...the ship has to be cleared. More than likely the earliest self disembark could possibly be around 8:45 + if all goes well.

Book a later flight .

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BDL said:

Sailing out of Brooklyn.  Is 12:20 flight from JFK workable?  We'll UBER to the airport.

It should be if you are among the first off the ship. Depending on the day and time I would budget as much as an 1-1.5 hours of travel time due to traffic and rush hour. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Which is easiest way to get to from Cape Liberty to EWR taxi or Uber? Are the taxi's lined up ready to take folks  to EWR?

There will be taxis lined up at the port, but I'm not particularly fond on the taxis in that area...to me they too often look old and ratty. I haven't sailed from Cape Liberty recently so perhaps there are newer vehicles these days.

It should be easy to get an Uber, but don't be shocked if there's some surge pricing on a cruise arrival day.

51 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Which is easiest way to get to from Cape Liberty to EWR taxi or Uber? Are the taxi's lined up ready to take folks  to EWR?

I am not sure taxis will be waiting as there were no taxis in December 2021 as there were pre covid. Taxi pick up zone is now in zone 10. Use the crosswalk to go across 2 lanes then into an unpaved lot where a dispatcher is stationed. This was the procedure in 2022 as well though I did not use taxi. Not well organized as people were waiting up to 30 minutes whereas others, myself included, were assigned taxi minutes after arriving.

If you use Uber or car service, after passing facial recognition in the terminal exit left. Once outside go right, there will be overhead hanging numbers to identify each zone. This is the authorized pick up zone for car service.

Should you use taxi, the shorter route upon exiting is to exit right towards the parking garage then go left. Avoid crowds paying for parking. Walk toward the road, the crosswalk to the taxi lot will be in front of you.

4 hours ago, meadowlander said:

I am not sure taxis will be waiting as there were no taxis in December 2021 as there were pre covid. Taxi pick up zone is now in zone 10. Use the crosswalk to go across 2 lanes then into an unpaved lot where a dispatcher is stationed. This was the procedure in 2022 as well though I did not use taxi. Not well organized as people were waiting up to 30 minutes whereas others, myself included, were assigned taxi minutes after arriving.

If you use Uber or car service, after passing facial recognition in the terminal exit left. Once outside go right, there will be overhead hanging numbers to identify each zone. This is the authorized pick up zone for car service.

Should you use taxi, the shorter route upon exiting is to exit right towards the parking garage then go left. Avoid crowds paying for parking. Walk toward the road, the crosswalk to the taxi lot will be in front of you.

Need to get a taxi from the port to EWR. Is there signage to follow.

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

Need to get a taxi from the port to EWR. Is there signage to follow.

The only signage is on the wall behind the facial recognition area & its purpose is to direct taxi & car service riders to exit left. Once outside, there is no signage for the taxi area.

When you board, check with traffic personnel outside the terminal if the taxi area is still in the unpaved lot across from zone 10. If so (assuming it is), the shorter walk to zone 10 upon disembarking is by exiting to the right & the parking garage, as I detailed above.

Using Google maps street view you can see the crosswalk you need to use. It is by the glass door entrance of the parking garage. The crosswalk leads to the taxi lot.

Archie's Cab & Bayonne Yellow Taxi are local cabs, though I think they are the same company using 2 names. You might want to have their numbers & prearrange as the taxi dispatcher in 2021 was not doing an effective job.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

New Jersey taxis are pretty awful for the most part. I would seriously consider Uber or Lyft for this one. 

Last time we used Lyft from port to EWR and it was horrible and dirty !!! I actually complained to Lyft about it.