Riviera Food

SSFrance69

3 minutes ago, jackdeb said:

Thanks for the pictures, everything we had March 12-22 except the suckling pig. The new pizzeria in the evenings at Waves is worth a stop. Memories to make you salivate.

Oh that pizza! Yes! We had the pizza with burrata, arugula and prosciutto. It was one of the best pizzas I've ever eaten. I wish it had been open for lunch. I would have eaten it every day. Probably for the best that it wasn't. I gained enough weight without it. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Can't wait for our first cruise on O in the Marina in 2025. We are getting so disappointed in the food on Celebrity.

That's one of the reasons we jumped ship. I wanted to try Oceania because of the food reputation and it didn't let me down. They really live up to their brand of having "the finest cuisine at sea". I feel the value on Oceania is really good with the included specialty restaurants, water in your stateroom every day and complimentary soft drinks. We do have one more cruise already booked with Celebrity in July that we are keeping (in Blu which I'm hoping will be decent)... but going forward, I don't think I'll look back after trying Oceania. Trying to decide on a sailing in 2024 between the new Vista and Sirena. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, kreastman said:

Are the new, improved pizzas also

available on the R ships? We tried pizza on Regatta a few years ago and it was pretty unremarkable.

I'm not sure. I haven't sailed an R ship. I recently asked someone on another thread and they indicated that it's not there. On Riviera it was open from 6:30-8:30 (I believe that was the time anyhow). Here is our pizza. We had it as an appetizer and then went to the GDR for the rest of our meal. 

Screen Shot 2023-03-26 at 5.11.13 PM.png

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

I'm not sure. I haven't sailed an R ship. I recently asked someone on another thread and they indicated that it's not there. On Riviera it was open from 6:30-8:30 (I believe that was the time anyhow). Here is our pizza. We had it as an appetizer and then went to the GDR for the rest of our meal. 

Screen Shot 2023-03-26 at 5.11.13 PM.png

That looks great.  We also had a Delicious pizza on Riviera in January.  Might have been the only people in the Waves area as I don't think this eatery is yet well known.  As you mentioned above I just wanted to remind people that you can mix and match within your meal.  We did have dinner one night in the Terrace then went down to the MDR for souffles.  I would not think twice about a nice pizza appetizer in Waves, main course lamp chops and lobster tail from the terrace grill and a souffle in the MDR to finish it off (with a great cup of coffee picked up in Baristas on the way.).  

Edited by Woofa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kreastman said:

Are the new, improved pizzas also

available on the R ships? We tried pizza on Regatta a few years ago and it was pretty unremarkable.

I think the new Pizza oven is only on Riviera at the moment   maybe Vista  when it sails

Someone will correct me if wrong

• Like 1

@SSFrance69

Easy call eventhough no one has sailed on Vista yet, ITS GOT TO BE VISTA.  We have been on Sirena and it is an excellent R class experience, but I can not imagine it being better than the even untested Vista. Book a 2024 or sooner cruise on Vista and then make your own decision. With a lot of Vista Final Payment dates upcoming, I would bet a 2023 sailing could be had. September 2021 we were able to book a Vista Inaugural Season cruise in October and then when the Founder’s Cruise popped up, 😇👍🙏 got another booking in May. Sooo looking forward to our trip to Rome. Like so many CC posters who will be on board, we will report on Vista.

Celebrity defectors, welcome aboard!

Mauibabes

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I think the new Pizza oven is only on Riviera at the moment   maybe Vista  when it sails

Someone will correct me if wrong

Correct. However, it is only open in the evening. I had surely thought it would be open during lunch. Seemed more fitting for pizza at lunch. With all the wonderful gourmet food items for dinner, can’t imagine having pizza. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Woofa said:

That looks great.  We also had a Delicious pizza on Riviera in January.  Might have been the only people in the Waves area as I don't think this eatery is yet well known.  As you mentioned above I just wanted to remind people that you can mix and match within your meal.  We did have dinner one night in the Terrace then went down to the MDR for souffles.  I would not think twice about a nice pizza appetizer in Waves, main course lamp chops and lobster tail from the terrace grill and a souffle in the MDR to finish it off (with a great cup of coffee picked up in Baristas on the way.).  

I like the way you think! We did just that one evening. We started in the GDR. Husband said, "ohhh, we're missing the special Caribbean buffet". Caesar salad (they make the best I've ever had) in GDR and then up to Terrace for the buffet.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jayne E said:

Correct. However, it is only open in the evening. I had surely thought it would be open during lunch. Seemed more fitting for pizza at lunch. With all the wonderful gourmet food items for dinner, can’t imagine having pizza. 

I wish. I would have been there for lunch almost every day. It was a challenge to squeeze it in before dinner, but somehow we managed. 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mauibabes said:

@SSFrance69

Easy call eventhough no one has sailed on Vista yet, ITS GOT TO BE VISTA.  We have been on Sirena and it is an excellent R class experience, but I can not imagine it being better than the even untested Vista. Book a 2024 or sooner cruise on Vista and then make your own decision. With a lot of Vista Final Payment dates upcoming, I would bet a 2023 sailing could be had. September 2021 we were able to book a Vista Inaugural Season cruise in October and then when the Founder’s Cruise popped up, 😇👍🙏 got another booking in May. Sooo looking forward to our trip to Rome. Like so many CC posters who will be on board, we will report on Vista.

Celebrity defectors, welcome aboard!

Mauibabes

Looking forward to your reports on the new Vista. It's a toss up, because of when we can travel due to work. Vista 7 nights and decent itinerary VS Sirena 10 nights with a really great itinerary. Decisions decisions. We purchased a future cruise credit on our sailing, so just need to decide. I'm leaning towards Vista, because I know she is going to be incredibly beautiful.

9 hours ago, schmerl said:

Well now I just have to go back because I didn't get to eat all the things you posted. Although, I certainly ate enough!!! 😄

We never did get around to trying the pizza place. 

A good reason to return! I highly praise the pizza and everything else I ate. I have a few extra pounds as a souvenir of our wonderful time! I do miss seeing you and Barbara every morning at breakfast. 

Edited by SSFrance69

4 hours ago, SSFrance69 said:

A good reason to return! I highly praise the pizza and everything else I ate. I have a few extra pounds as a souvenir of our wonderful time! I do miss seeing you and Barbara every morning at breakfast. 

You didn't even mention the great breads, rolls, and pastries. 

I also brought extra pounds home.

I miss our breakfast (and throughout the day) meetings as well. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, schmerl said:

You didn't even mention the great breads, rolls, and pastries. 

I also brought extra pounds home.

I miss our breakfast (and throughout the day) meetings as well. 

Mmmm. Those croissants and no shortage of preserves! 😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, schmerl said:

We had strawberry preserves at our table in the GDR every morning. 

Not the case in Terrace Cafe or WAVES..... and on two occasions in the GDR.  Maybe your options were different....but we inquired and our poor waiter was trying SO hard to find some.  Maybe it is who you "know?" lol.....certainly not a deal breaker....but I had heard about the previous cruise also having preserve shortage issues......again, nothing to turn me against Oceania.  I just am telling you our experience.  

16 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

Unless of course you wanted Strawberry 😉

16 hours ago, schmerl said:

We had strawberry preserves at our table in the GDR every morning. 

We had breakfast every morning in the GDR and there was Strawberry there every day but one, then the waiter got from a table close by. This was on Riviera from 3/12-22/23

On 3/26/2023 at 2:56 PM, SSFrance69 said:

Here are some photos from our Riviera sailing, March 2-12. We had a lovely time. The food was wonderful. This is only a fraction of what we tried. Any questions, ask and I will try to answer. 

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.24.59 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.24.59 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.24.59 PM (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.24.59 PM (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.24.59 PM (5).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.24.59 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.00 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.00 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.01 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.01 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.01 PM (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.01 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.04 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.04 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.05 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.05 PM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.05 PM (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.05 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.06 PM (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.06 PM (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.06 PM (5).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.06 PM (6).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.06 PM (7).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.06 PM (8).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.06 PM (9).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.06 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.07 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.08 PM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-26 at 2.25.08 PM.jpeg

Quite the extensive menu and wonderful options for meat and fish lovers. Unfortunately, vegetarian choices seem to be pasta and sides. Thanks for posting. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sunpsyche said:

Quite the extensive menu and wonderful options for meat and fish lovers. Unfortunately, vegetarian choices seem to be pasta and sides. Thanks for posting. 

If you let  them know ahead of time  they can make you something

Make sure you have it noted in your file if you are Vegan  do not rely on just  walking into dinner  & have something  on the menu