Fan is considered a prohibited item, including battery operated fans

shof515

On 3/31/2023 at 10:29 AM, cruiseny4life said:

Why? I firmly believe (watch out, opinion here, no factual data whatsoever)!! that NCL is just trying to control electricity costs. 

When I sailed Joy last week, it was the hottest sailing I've had this year. The entire ship had me sweating. They're not using A/C on that ship...well they are, but only a minimal level. We've never had an issue getting our room to be comfortable for sleeping, but Joy was ridiculously hot even with the A/C on. We reported this issue to the Concierge three times. Three times the Concierge claimed a "report has been filed" which means maintenance was in the room. They may have been in the room, but they didn't fix anything. 

And yes, I know the little snowflake does nothing. We set the A/C at the lowest possible temperature and left it there. It was always, at least 75 degrees in the room. We never found it necessary to travel with a fan, but after our experience in a Haven room on Joy, well...a fan is now necessary. 

I'm sure this is part of NCL's "sustainability" push. There's no other reason to ban battery-controlled fans or to use a minimal amount of A/C. Those batteries sure do eat up a lot of garbage space when they're used up and thrown out...I wonder if ships recycle batteries? 

So @DCGuy64, that's the reason! I don't care what anyone else says....Also, if you actually want the reason, probably better to contact NCL as @goldmom did. 

I was on the Getaway in January and thought that my studio room was too warm and stuffy.  I also tried fooling around with the A/C thing on the wall with no results