Minors losing their Diamond status…

13 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Tier levels need to reflect that persons actual cruise points when a kid turns 18, if couples divorce or those living together break up. IMO. 

But is it Royal's rules that when a couple separates (or one person dies)  one spouse reverts back to their original status or do they keep it for life? I'm on board if they revert but if they get to keep the status it doesn't seem fair. 

2 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

But is it Royal's rules that when a couple separates (or one person dies)  one spouse reverts back to their original status or do they keep it for life? I'm on board if they revert but if they get to keep the status it doesn't seem fair. 

Sorry to keep butting in.  But, although the Spousal/decease/divorce thing isn't addressed specifically, I believe that once the "in the same household" is lost, the rule kicks in.  So, only the actual points earned stay and the tier/status reverts to the status of the actually earned points.  

But, with RCCL, anything is possible.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I think the point that needs to be made is that NOBODY loses anything they EARNED <POINTS.  What happens when someone turns 18 or gets divorced (I'm assuming the divorced part) they lose their "tier Status", that they were granted, not earned.  

All I could find is this...no mention of divorce or death but while children can't get Pinnacle through their parents a significant other can get it through their partner. Interesting. I wonder if there's a dating site for single Pinnacles in Florida.....if not.....business idea for an entrepreneurial spirit??

"Can my companion who is not a Crown & Anchor Society Member get benefits from my membership?

A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated according to the number of nights sailed. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the Crown & Anchor program."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Sorry to keep butting in.  But, although the Spousal/decease/divorce thing isn't addressed specifically, I believe that once the "in the same household" is lost, the rule kicks in.  So, only the actual points earned stay and the tier/status reverts to the status of the actually earned points.  

But, with RCCL, anything is possible.

Oh it's not butting in at all, this is an interesting conversation and I'm learning and welcome all input 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

All I could find is this...no mention of divorce or death but while children can't get Pinnacle through their parents a significant other can get it through their partner. Interesting. I wonder if there's a dating site for single Pinnacles in Florida.....if not.....business idea for an entrepreneurial spirit??

"Can my companion who is not a Crown & Anchor Society Member get benefits from my membership?  If they reside in the same household and you consider him/her a "significent other", yes.

Edited:

On second thought.  I'm not too sure.  Technically, no one is a member of the Crown & Anchor Society until AFTER their first cruise.  So, I'm not sure.

Edited by Ret MP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

So far all of our Caribbean cruises have departed from the Florida ports and we have our first out of NJ this May on Oasis. Is there a clientele difference that you've noticed or about the same?

Difficult to say as out of 26 cruises with RCI only 2 shorter cruises Freedom (6 days) and Explorer (5) (back to back with other lines) were from Florida. We mostly cruise over holidays to “save” days and maximize number of cruises per year, so on Anthem it’s always Thanksgiving 7-8 dayers to Bahamas with lots of families. Lately we also do Southern Caribbean cruises for 11-12 days on Anthem in January. Older crowd. 12 dayers on Vision class out of Baltimore to Southern Caribbeans in March … also older crowd (we are in our very early 50s and I think in lower age bracket) . Cruise over Memorial Day on Oasis class to Bahamas out of NJ is a good mix of families. In September we lately do 9 dayers to New England/Canada Maritimes. This cruise actually features crowds from many states and countries. 

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

As with a lot of things (like the....ahem...."dress code"), Royal tends to word things so wishy-washy that people can interpret it both ways.

i.e. the first line reads:  Children share the same tier (up to Diamond Plus) as their parent until age 18.

BUT...does that mean children share the same tier as their parent ONLY until age 18 (and then go back to their own points)?  Or does that mean that AFTER age 18 they can no longer share the parents' (new, higher) tier?  

In law school, we were taught to read laws/rules like this so every word has meaning.  The trouble starts when they purposely leave words out that would give their own rules a lot more clarity. 

I'm a couple diamond drinks in this evening , but aren't those 2 examples the same ... ?!?

Cheers

10 minutes ago, trivia addict said:

Not sure what you are getting at,  but be assured, we native New Yorkers, Jeresyites, are perfectly civilized and very friendly. We also are probably in the same income bracket. So no need to worry about the clientele from that port.

We're actually pretty excited about cruising from NJ for the first time. Every single New Yorker and Jerseyite we've ever met have been good people......even the ones who now call Florida home. I guess I just have it in my head that cruises out of Florida have more "seasoned" cruisers onboard.  

1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

My understanding is if a Diamond couple separates, no matter how, they maintain their Diamond tier level. A separated Diamond could be Diamond with less than the required CAS points due to marriage or living together. They will stay at that tier level until they reach the required CAS points to progress to  Diamond Plus.  Good question to ask the LA on your next cruise. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Denversail said:

(I status matched with my sister on my first cruise as we lived together at the time)

Adult siblings are not status matched.  Simply living in the same household as a relative is not a reason for a match.    They must have assumed you were (or you presented yourselves as) a single gender couple. 

M

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Adult siblings are not status matched.  Simply living in the same household as a relative is not a reason for a match.    They must have assumed you were (or you presented yourselves as) a single gender couple. 

M

I guess sibling love does from time to time extend to these lengths...

For those that are having a hard time proving that one or more of your party/family isn't getting credit for any or some cruises.  I had somewhat the same problem with my wife's history.  I called the C&A line, which apparently now is the same as the main RCCL customer service #, and told them that I couldn't see any of my wife's cruises or anything about her in the C&A section of their site.  I was asked if she had her own royalcaribbean.com login name and password.  She did not.  So, we registered her, got her own login and password.  Looked into past cruises and there they were, all of them. So, my thinking is that every cruiser needs to have his/her own login and password to see his/her C&A status/history.  Once you get that squared away, copy the past cruises and show it to the LA.  

• Like 1

If couple  have always cruised together and only together everything should be identical. # nts and status 

If couple have cruised at different times and linked , both have a different amount of cruise nts. You  both would have same number(higher one) and status. 

Her cruises would be listed in her history Yours in yours ,Both would show higher status  If they don’t you would need to contact CnA 

When the higher cruiser reaches D+ first the other comes with you even if they only have  enough nts to be Emerald 

Couple divorces Both stay D+

But the person with less can’t move to pinnacle till they  catch up to D+ # nts then on to pinnacle   

It’s has been the same with 18yr old aging to 19yr old children, its like a divorce from parents account LOL 

Has been like that forever.

I still believe OP 

will find out  Staff making an error 

or OP not giving correct info in her posts 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

I'm not sure what to think... It seems there are different interpretations of the wording not just among us , but also at HQ as well . I can certainly see how it could be read the way you are asserting. 

What happened to OP's child would lead me to believe that is actually the correct interpretation of an until now little or unenforced rule. Hard to believe the LA would go to that much trouble on his own ... that must have come from the higher ups.

We'll see how it all plays out I guess

Personally, I think that if this had been a change in policy we would have seen more than 1 report by now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Edited:

On second thought.  I'm not too sure.  Technically, no one is a member of the Crown & Anchor Society until AFTER their first cruise.  So, I'm not sure.

You can sign up before your first cruise.  You have a C&A number.  Your level is pre gold. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 7:16 PM, Denversail said:

This all sounds like a mix-up to me. It isn’t logical. I can have my partner who is obviously over 18 grandfathered with my status. Is that just good for one cruise? Doesn’t make sense. They should have to accumulate their own points to advance but once grand fathered they shouldn’t lose status. That is how it has always worked.

Did your partner cruise to earn the points? If not I think the new policy will apply. 

4 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Children will be removed from a loyalty relationship with a parent or guardian upon their 18th birthday. If it is found that a dependent or child is not immediately removed from a relationship upon their 18th birthday and accumulates a higher tier status outside of this time period, the dependent’s record will be adjusted back to the appropriate tier status without notice.........

The part that you did not highlight in red is critical in understanding the intent of that statement.

If the child is not removed and advances beyond their current status they will be adjusted back to their proper status.

No where does it say they will be adjusted to what their points are.  It can Emily be interpreted that if they were Diamond and advance to Diamond Plus because their parents advanced to D+ they will be moved back to Diamond

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Yes, I've posted this a few times in here many months ago and as recently as a few weeks ago.  I also posted it on another cruise social media site at least a year ago.  

I'll post the link to it after I type, the policy is part of the graph that shows the different benefits for the different C&A classes.  

www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

46   Children share the same tier (up to Diamond Plus) as their parent until age 18. Children of Pinnacle Club members enjoy select onboard benefits of their parents, however, not the tier. Children will be removed from a loyalty relationship with a parent or guardian upon their 18th birthday. If it is found that a dependent or child is not immediately removed from a relationship upon their 18th birthday and accumulates a higher tier status outside of this time period, the dependent’s record will be adjusted back to the appropriate tier status without notice.........

..........49   A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however, Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse or significant other* by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the Crown & Anchor Society program. For all tiers except Pinnacle Club, a relationship is defined as a spouse or significant other* and children less than 18 years old. For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other*. *In all instances, a “significant other” is defined as someone in a similar relationship to an individual as a spouse.

In short:

1.  Children under 18 enjoy the same C&A tier status as their parents, except Pinnacle.  But, not the points, they earn their own points.

2.  Once the child(ren) reaches the age of 18, the C&A tier status is adjusted to the level that is commensurate with the actual points earned.  

I'm only posting the policy.  I can't defend or explain why some people get something other than what the policy dictates.   

This makes sense. Maybe they are finally enforcing the policy.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The part that you did not highlight in red is critical in understanding the intent of that statement.

If the child is not removed and advances beyond their current status they will be adjusted back to their proper status.  You're talking "status", I'm talking about "points".  

No where does it say they will be adjusted to what their points are.  It can Emily be interpreted that if they were Diamond and advance to Diamond Plus because their parents advanced to D+ they will be moved back to Diamond

"A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however, Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above"

Yes, at 18, their status will be adjusted to their appropriate point level.  Points are earned, not granted.  When a person turns 18 and has 53 points and their parents are D.  The 18-year-old reverts back to Emerald but keeps the 53 points because they were earned, not granted and 53 points are within the Emerald tier/status. Nowhere does RCCL grant unearned points, just tier/status?   Even if RCCL has a promotion of double points, they're still earned by all who cruise during the promotion period.

I'm not saying that points will be adjusted to the C&A tier/status.  I'm saying that their C&A tier/status will be adjusted to their earned point level after reaching 18.  

Just now, Ret MP said:

"A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however, Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above"

Yes, at 18, their status will be adjusted to their appropriate point level.  Points are earned, not granted.  When a person turns 18 and has 53 points and their parents are D.  The 18-year-old reverts back to Emerald but keeps the 53 points because they were earned, not granted and 53 points are within the Emerald tier/status. Nowhere does RCCL grant unearned points, just tier/status?   Even if RCCL has a promotion of double points, they're still earned by all who cruise during the promotion period.

I'm not saying that points will be adjusted to the C&A tier/status.  I'm saying that their C&A tier/status will be adjusted to their earned point level after reaching 18.  

The way I described it has been the way that it has worked for years.

All this speculation that things are changing based on our post by one person.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The way I described it has been the way that it has worked for years.

All this speculation that things are changing based on our post by one person.

As I stated much earlier, I can not explain or justify what others experience or got away with.  I am only posting the policy that, to me, is straightforward if you read it in its entirety.  I've read the same policy for a long time.  Exactly how long, I don't remember.  I never thought it would be an issue.  All I can say for sure, it's been at least a year.