FCD's after 03/31/23

Yehootu

Rainy outside so I decided to inquire at the future cruise desk about 2025 Aus season. No info yet and I asked if I could just buy FCD's from the app as I'm lazy and we have 16 more days aboard . He told me yes, but to do it before the end of the month as they're now going to be only good for 1yr to book from April 1. I bought 3 for each of us.

Edited by Yehootu

37 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

Rainy outside so I decided to inquire at the future cruise desk about 2025 Aus season. No info yet and I asked if I could just buy FCD's from the app as I'm lazy and we have 16 more days aboard . He told me yes, but to do it before the end of the month as they're now going to be only good for 1yr to book from April 1. I bought 3 for each of us.

There was another thread where it was stated the effective date was April 5, 2023, so I will find out when I board Majestic on April 4, 2023.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wallyj said:

There was another thread where it was stated the effective date was April 5, 2023, so I will find out when I board Majestic on April 4, 2023.

I hope the other thread's info is correct.  I will board Majestic on April 4, 2023 also, and buying FCD is on my "to do" list for April 4.  We plan to buy 10 FCD each, and I sure hope the Future Cruise office will process it on April 4.  In the past, after I dropped off the FCD form at the Future Cruise office, it took at least 3 days before I received email from the office informing me the order has been processed, and the email gave me the FCD numbers of each FCD. 

36 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

In the past, after I dropped off the FCD form at the Future Cruise office, it took at least 3 days before I received email from the office informing me the order has been processed,

Guaranteed that you will see a delay going that route.  That form will just sit on somebody's desk until they get around to dealing with it.  Buy via the app!  That way, it is "posted" into the system that day.  It may not show in your princess.com account until the next day....

• Like 1

Luckily I saw this thread on last full day (25th) of our Regal cruise. Went straight to FC desk and sat down with the lady. She input the FCDs while there and I had the emails by time I got back to the cabin.  Big thanks to the OP for starting this thread 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Guaranteed that you will see a delay going that route.  That form will just sit on somebody's desk until they get around to dealing with it.  Buy via the app!  That way, it is "posted" into the system that day.  It may not show in your princess.com account until the next day....

My plan is to go to the Future Cruise office on April 4, the 1st day of my upcoming cruise, and buy it.

I need to buy for 4 other persons who are Princess members but will not be on Princess cruise until this September.  I don't think I can buy for others on the app.  

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I just checked the app and couldn't find where I can buy FCD.  I am not on the ship now. Do I need to be on the ship to use the app to buy FCD?  Thank you.

9 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

I just checked the app and couldn't find where I can buy FCD.  I am not on the ship now. Do I need to be on the ship to use the app to buy FCD?  Thank you.

You or someone with your Captain Circle number needs to be onboard to purchase.

13 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

You or someone with your Captain Circle number needs to be onboard to purchase.

Thank you.  I will start my next cruise on April 4; will buy it for everyone on that date.  According to previous post, April 4 is the last date with 2 yr expiration.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

I hope the other thread's info is correct.  I will board Majestic on April 4, 2023 also, and buying FCD is on my "to do" list for April 4.  We plan to buy 10 FCD each, and I sure hope the Future Cruise office will process it on April 4.  In the past, after I dropped off the FCD form at the Future Cruise office, it took at least 3 days before I received email from the office informing me the order has been processed, and the email gave me the FCD numbers of each FCD. 

You can buy them on the app now. It’s super easy.

Good luck and I am thrilled to see people still excited about cruising.

6 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Yes, you do. They will be charged to your credit card and you can not use OBC to pay for them. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Thanks.  I am not on the ship now.  Will embark on April 4.

I’m sorry, I did understand that. What I meant was that when you board you can buy it straight on the app. My apologies if I was not clear. It saves going to the Future Cruise  desk as soon as you board. Which will be important since you are just catching it under the old rule.  

As an aside… My PVP formally updated her social media page to let us know that the change does start on April 5th.
It’s sure not much notice… of such a big change.

22 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

I’m sorry, I did understand that. What I meant was that when you board you can buy it straight on the app. My apologies if I was not clear. It saves going to the Future Cruise  desk as soon as you board. Which will be important since you are just catching it under the old rule.  

As an aside… My PVP formally updated her social media page to let us know that the change does start on April 5th.
It’s sure not much notice… of such a big change.

Thank you for the information.  Besides myself, I need to buy for 4 other persons who will not be on the cruise.  I don't know if I will be able to use the app to buy for other people (each have their own Captain Circle numbers).

6 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Thank you for the information.  Besides myself, I need to buy for 4 other persons who will not be on the cruise.  I don't know if I will be able to use the app to buy for other people (each have their own Captain Circle numbers).

In your situation, you will not be able to use the app except to purchase FCD for yourself.  You will need the Captain's Circle number for each of the other people...

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

I really think that’s a hit or miss thing with being able to buy them for others not on the ship. Perhaps the Future cruise crew member gets credit of some sort or a commission, if they accept them.

I was able to purchase for my spouse using just my phone, for both of us. 

When was the last time you purchased for others, not on board? 

18 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

I really think that’s a hit or miss thing with being able to buy them for others not on the ship. Perhaps the Future cruise crew member gets credit of some sort or a commission, if they accept them.

I was able to purchase for my spouse using just my phone, for both of us. 

When was the last time you purchased for others, not on board? 

I never purchased for others because I didn't know I can do that.  Thanks for the info on this thread, I now know I can purchase for others.  So will try to purchase for 4 other people when I embark on April 4.  All 4 of them will be joining us on a Japan cruise in Sept.

3 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

I never purchased for others because I didn't know I can do that.  Thanks for the info on this thread, I now know I can purchase for others.  So will try to purchase for 4 other people when I embark on April 4.  All 4 of them will be joining us on a Japan cruise in Sept.

What a great cruise that will be!

I do hope they allow you to purchase them on their behalf. My fingers are crossed for you…

Please come back and update your post with the results. 

5 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

I have purchased FCD’s for people not on board for many friends and family. Just did it again while I was on Discovery Princess January 21-28 2023 sailing. So you should not have any problems purchasing them and you will have to do these in person.

Had an issue where the ‘system’ would not accept my credit card. Fortunately, the head Future cruise person knew about this ‘glitch’, being they need to delete the credit card number and re enter it manually. 

9 hours ago, wallyj said:

I have purchased FCD’s for people not on board for many friends and family. Just did it again while I was on Discovery Princess January 21-28 2023 sailing. So you should not have any problems purchasing them and you will have to do these in person.

Had an issue where the ‘system’ would not accept my credit card. Fortunately, the head Future cruise person knew about this ‘glitch’, being they need to delete the credit card number and re enter it manually. 

Thank you for the information.