How do people afford $20,000 suites?

Sigyn

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

We were bouncing a few ideas around about some things they could add to the C&A on board perks, that wouldn't cost them anything but would balance out the benefits between Oasis/Quantum class ships and the older classes of ship. Just wanted to pen an email presenting our thoughts.

Sadly, something tells me rather than increase C&A benefits to compensate for the non Oasis/Quantum ships, they will simply eliminate them of the Oasis/Quantum class. 

What did you have in mind?

M

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The earlier you book the better the price.

For sure. It’s something we do.

We always sail March break so they are booked as soon as they are released. This year we booked March of 2025, in January while on the ship for some extra OBC.  March of 2024 was booked just as far out. We are always looking for a specific cabin so we book early and take advantage of price drops as they come along. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Sadly, something tells me rather than increase C&A benefits to compensate for the non Oasis/Quantum ships, they will simply eliminate them of the Oasis/Quantum class. 

What did you have in mind?

M

There are several (DW has a list somewhere), but the one that pops into mind is giving Pins the ability to mirror the CK perk on non Oasis/Quantum class ships by being able to order room service from the MDR menu in addition to the regular room service menu.

Edited by orville99

50 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

It is listed in the C&A benefits:

image.thumb.png.93ed56d87fcc7b2c4e2a15897d54e2e2.png

I could have mentioned Priority Access to the Aquat Theater or the Ice Skating show(s) as there are only a couple of classes of ships that have 'em.  

Like I said, that is only for pinnacles, so for 99.x% of CA members it is irrelevant. Just trying to help you if you plan in writing them.  I’d stick to benefits that impact D+ and below.  

As far as aqua and ice show, that is simply an additional show venue.  So basically, the benefit is for shows.  They just spell it out specifically to avoid confusion.  It’s not like there is a lack of a CA benefit for aqua shows if there is no aqua theater.  It just a lack of venue for everyone onboard regardless of CA level.  

Fyi.  I’d guess most ships now have an ice show (Voyager class and newer all have them).  

Just now, topnole said:

Like I said, that is only for pinnacles, so for 99.x% of CA members it is irrelevant. Just trying to help you if you plan in writing them.  I’d stick to benefits that impact D+ and below.  

As far as aqua and ice show, that is simply an additional show venue.  So basically, the benefit is for shows.  They just spell it out specifically to avoid confusion.  It’s not like there is a lack of a CA benefit for aqua shows if there is no aqua theater.  It just a lack of venue for everyone onboard regardless of CA level.  

Fyi.  I’d guess most ships now have an ice show (Voyager class and newer all have them).  

I'm not getting into a drawn-out debate with you.  What I've stated and posted is listed in the C&A benefits, period.  Obfuscate all you want.  They are part of the C&A benefits. 

19 minutes ago, orville99 said:

There are several (DW has a list somewhere), but the one that pops into mind is giving Pins the ability to mirror the CK perk on non Oasis/Quantum class ships by being able to order room service from the MDR menu in addition to the regular room service menu.

Who knows what they will do, but I doubt they think they are lacking in what they provide Pins on any ship.  I’m sure they’d love to reduce benefits if they thought it wouldn’t create an uprising (which isn’t worth their energy to deal with).  

3 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I'm not getting into a drawn-out debate with you.  What I've stated and posted is listed in the C&A benefits, period.  Obfuscate all you want.  They are part of the C&A benefits. 

I’m not debating you.  I’m pointing out some context I thought you might appreciate.  

Maybe you already knew what I’m stating. I have no idea what your aim is in writing them.  So maybe it is to get more benefits for pinnacles?  If so, I guess that CA pinnacle benefit is relevant.  But otherwise I’m not seeing how it is relevant to 99.9 percent of CA members.   And by the way, on ships without a CK I believe they do give Pins an alternative benefit.  So in that sense they already do something regarding that benefit.  

1 minute ago, topnole said:

And by the way, on ships without a CK I believe they do give Pins an alternative benefit.

Not that we have seen. The only CK type benefit that transfers is breakfast in a specialty restaurant (which we also currently get on Oasis/Quantum class ships).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, orville99 said:

This is a benefit on Oasis/Quantum class for Pinnacle non suite guests?   I've been of countless Oasis class cruises (as a P) and never knew of any benefit like this.  The room service menu was the only option.   I've never seen this benefit written in any of  the on board welcome documents from the concierge or LA.  If it was there. I certainly missed it for YEARS!

Never knew of this option. Thanks

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Just now, orville99 said:

Not that we have seen. The only CK type benefit that transfers is breakfast in a specialty restaurant (which we also currently get on Oasis/Quantum class ships).

Ok.  So I guess when they don’t allow CK for Pins they give an alternate benefit.  Maybe that is what I’m confusing.  

35 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We don't even get the regular room service menu comped now. 

And FWIW, there's just no room to eat a full dinner in a non suite. It's not even that enjoyable in a GS.

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

This is a benefit on Oasis/Quantum class for Pinnacle  non suite guests?   I've been of countless Oasis class cruises ( as a P)  and never knew of any benefit like this.  The room service menu was the only option.   

The point is that on Oasis/Quantum class ships we can go to CK for dinner so little need to do room service, but on non-CK ships, the only dining option is the MDR with the thundering herd, or Royal burgers in the cabin. Having the ability to enjoy a MDR meal without all the circus atmosphere would be nice.

21 minutes ago, topnole said:

CK access is NOT a given for Pinnacles.  Pinnacles  were limited to just 2 dinners and no breakfasts (Lunch was a wait and see) on a recent Wonder cruise.  Some ( either with more clout or louder whines) were able to be seated for dinner more often.  WE didn't ask.  

M

4 minutes ago, topnole said:

Ok.  So I guess when they don’t allow CK for Pins they give an alternate benefit.  Maybe that is what I’m confusing.  

They gave us a $25 pp food voucher when CK access was limited. It's still around even though access is more prevalent.

Its only on Oasis and Quantum ships

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

The point is that on Oasis/Quantum class ships we can go to CK for dinner so little need to do room service, but on non-CK ships, the only dining option is the MDR with the thundering herd, or Royal burgers in the cabin. Having the ability to enjoy a MDR meal without all the circus atmosphere would be nice.

If you're in a suite you already get the MDR menu

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We don't even get the regular room service menu comped now.

And FWIW, there's just no room to eat a full dinner in a non suite. It's not even that enjoyable in a GS.

We do Room Service from the MDR in GS 2-3 times a cruise - plenty of room. 

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We do Room Service from the MDR in GS 2-3 times a cruise - plenty of room. 

Lack of a proper table isn't my idea of an enjoyable meal😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, topnole said:

Only for breakfast, similar menu ( some local favorites eliminated) and generally  held Chops

They offer a $25 food  voucher that can't be combined with other offers such as the BOGO.  It may pay for Playmakers/Johnny Rockets, but you have to add more $$ to use it at a standard restaurant. 

M

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Only for breakfast, similar menu ( some local favorites eliminated) and generally  held Chops

They offer a $25 food  voucher that can't be combined with other offers such as the BOGO.  It may pay for Playmakers/Johnny Rockets, but you have to add more $$ to use it at a standard restaurant. 

M

Yes.  That is what I’m thinking of.  

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

CK access is NOT a given for Pinnacles.  Pinnacles  were limited to just 2 dinners and no breakfasts (Lunch was a wait and see) on a recent Wonder cruise.  Some ( either with more clout or louder whines) were able to be seated for dinner more often.  WE didn't ask.  

M

With 50 to 100+ Pins regularly sailing the ships with CK, there is no incentive to increase our free dining choices. 

And on the older ships, there is a reason they often cost less than the CK ships. Increasing perks would likely raise prices

• Like 1

Just now, orville99 said:

Wouldn’t it be nice if you could as well without being in a suite. 

They would much rather have Pins in a suite and not get all of the suite benefits via the cheaper cabins on the cheapest ships.  Zero incentives for them to do this. 

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

With 50 to 100+ Pins regularly sailing the ships with CK, there is no incentive to increase our free dining choices. 

And on the older ships, there is a reason they often cost less than the CK ships. Increasing perks would likely raise prices

This!   Whatever benefits they add would increase prices.  Same goes for the price of suites versus suite benefits.  Add more benefits on the older ships and the suite prices will go up.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, topnole said:

They would much rather have Pins in a suite and not get all of the suite benefits via the cheaper cabins on the cheapest ships.  Zero incentives for them to do this. 

Why would a passenger in a suite (regardless of C&A level) NOT get all the suite benefits?

M