How do people afford $20,000 suites?

Sigyn

8 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Why would a passenger in a suite (regardless of C&A level) NOT get all the suite benefits?

M

Who said that?   But a Pin in a suite doesn’t get all the Suite benefits as you stated in your prior post.  That is my point.  Why would they give pins all the suite benefits on older ships when they aren’t in a suite (like MDR room service)?   They have zero incentives to do that.   As if pins will not cruise on Royal if they don’t?  

2 hours ago, topnole said:

What crown and anchor perks are different based on ship?   I thought those perks were fleet wide?   

This is the only thing my intent was about and I was answering your question(s).  YOU asked, "What crown and anchor perks are different based on ship"?  And, " I thought those perks were fleet wide"?   The Crown & Anchor page classifies what I mentioned as "MEMBER BENEFITS" and some of the "MEMBER BENEFITS" aren't available "FLEET WIDE".  It is you that is reading into the intent and obfuscating. That is all!  Carry on!  

image.thumb.png.a8c1aa650cdfa6e19d09ae392a84bc68.png

On 3/30/2023 at 3:30 PM, njsmom said:

Who is it paying $15,000 and $20,000 for suites on cruise ships and going multiple times a year?

You don't understand. It's not their money they're spending, it's their kids' money.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

This is the only thing my intent was about and I was answering your question(s).  YOU asked, "What crown and anchor perks are different based on ship"?  And, " I thought those perks were fleet wide"?   The Crown & Anchor page classifies what I mentioned as "MEMBER BENEFITS" and some of the "MEMBER BENEFITS" aren't available "FLEET WIDE".  It is you that is reading into the intent and obfuscating. That is all!  Carry on!  

image.thumb.png.a8c1aa650cdfa6e19d09ae392a84bc68.png

Any benefits that aren’t fleet wide are clearly noted on the sheet you added here.   The footnote clearly states it so I was merely asking about benefits where they list them as fleet wide (but they aren’t).  I’m not aware of any where they don’t clearly clarify this in the sheet provided.  Didn’t think I needed to clarify what is clearly listed in the sheet you provide and obviously they can’t give CK benefits on a ship without a CK.

So, I’m not obfuscating anything.  I was trying to help you understand something in case you didn’t know it.  If that bothers and makes you want to be abrasive with me, that says more about you than me and I’m not going to be rude or condescending like you.  I’m surely not following why you are being rude, but we are all entitled to do as we please.  Good luck with your letter.  

39 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

It is you that is not understand the simplicity of YOUR original premise/questions and the answer that I provided.  And it is you that said, "Coastal Kitchen is a suites benefit (with pinnacles getting access based on availability) and has nothing to do with C&A other than for pinnacles". post #390.  Your words, not mine.  And it is your words that said, "other than for pinnacles".  Then you want to obfuscate with Aqua Theater and Ice Shows (and no, not all RCCL ships have an Ice rink).  Hence, the C&A benefits do not cross all RCCL ships.  

Okay, I've made my point and I'm done now.  Go ahead and do more obfuscation if you'd like.  Bye. 

Two things I’m recognizing here.  You really like to argue and you really seem to like using the word obfuscation.  

So let me be clear so you don’t have to use that word again.   I was trying to help you in case you didn’t understand a few of the CA benefits.  And the thanks I get is you being condescending with your carry on comments.

I’ve cruised Royal a lot and have a pretty good understanding of all of benefits that apply to my level (which is pretty common level for folks that cruise much on Royal).   So I asked a rhetorical question in my post about benefits extending to all ships.  Obviously ships without an aqua theater won’t have reserved seats for aqua shows.  So while you state I don’t understand the simplicity of my fist statement, I can assure you I most certainly do understand the simplicity of it.  The entire premise is simplistic.   Ships without certain venues/features can’t have benefits for that type of venue and they spell that out in the sheet you posted.  That is totally different than saying one gets free drinks on one ship, but not another.  Or one gets free internet on one ship class, but not another.  

Perhaps that better helps you understand what I am stating.  If you are writing a letter about CA benefits, what exactly would you be asking for in place of reserved seats for an aqua show?   One would assume reserved seats at a different main entertainment show?   But they already do that as I understand it.  Now if they don’t, then I’m wrong and someone would surely point that out on here.  So if writing a letter, you’d want to make sure you aren’t asking for something that already exists.  

Regardless, I wish you luck with your letter to Royal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

The only time we won’t use it is if someone wants to charge us a percent (usually 2%) and it’s usually the home repair/remodel companies.

Occasionally eat lunch out.  Yesterday the little cafe charged 1.5% for credit card fee.  And had a box to check for 25% tip (also 15 and 20).

6 hours ago, topnole said:

They would much rather have Pins in a suite and not get all of the suite benefits via the cheaper cabins on the cheapest ships.  Zero incentives for them to do this. 

6 hours ago, topnole said:

Who said that?   But a Pin in a suite doesn’t get all the Suite benefits as you stated in your prior post.  That is my point.  Why would they give pins all the suite benefits on older ships when they aren’t in a suite (like MDR room service)?   They have zero incentives to do that.   As if pins will not cruise on Royal if they don’t?  

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I believe you miss read his post.

John suggested I miss read your post.  I guess i don't understand.  Any passenger ( Pinnacle or not) booked in a suite gets the suite benefits for that ship.   

M

I believe what was meant was he/she didn’t think Royal would want to give Pinnacles who stay in non suite cabins the same benefits that people who stay in suites get.  They would want pinnacles to have to stay in a suite to get those benefits.

It took me a few readings to understand it too.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

John suggested I miss read your post.  I guess i don't understand.  Any passenger ( Pinnacle or not) booked in a suite gets the suite benefits for that ship.   

M

Yes.  My post was in reply to Pins getting all suite benefits otherwise not

available simply because they are pins.  The context of it, as I recall, was MDR room service which was stated as something pins don’t get just for being pins.  Why would they want to add all the suite benefits for pins?  Royal would much rather have them book suites to get those benefits and if they gave them all those benefits I’m sure many pins would stop booking suites as often.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, poocher said:

I believe what was meant was he/she didn’t think Royal would want to give Pinnacles who stay in non suite cabins the same benefits that people who stay in suites get.  They would want pinnacles to have to stay in a suite to get those benefits.

It took me a few readings to understand it too.

Correct.  Perhaps I didn’t word it well, but that is exactly what I meant. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I believe you miss read his post.

I originally miss read it as well. But that's because I'm skimming thru posts while watching The Voice. 😊

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, topnole said:

Yes.  My post was in reply to Pins getting all suite benefits otherwise not

available simply because they are pins.  The context of it, as I recall, was MDR room service which was stated as something pins don’t get just for being pins.  Why would they want to add all the suite benefits for pins?  Royal would much rather have them book suites to get those benefits and if they gave them all those benefits I’m sure many pins would stop booking suites as often.  

Thanks -  I understand now

I don't expect Royal to add any additional benefits.  I had never heard of non suite  P's getting MDR room service till I read it on this thread.  And, I really don't believe that the claim is accurate.  I never intended to suggest Royal should offer it and never expect them to.  

In past years,  P's had many of the suite benefits but that has changed since the return to sailing and the numbers of new P's . P benefits have changed and even change from sailing to sailing on the same ship.  Lastly, I know that the benefits on one ship won't necessary be the same benefits as another ship.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I originally miss read it as well. But that's because I'm skimming thru posts while watching The Voice. 😊

I thought I was on the wrong thread, was reading about peoples financial journeys and stumbled on a pinnacle thread with C&A benefits 😉

Edited by PompeySailor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Thanks -

I don't expect Royal to add any additional benefits.  I had never heard of non suite  P's getting MDR room service till I read it on this thread.  And, I really don't believe that the claim is accurate.  I never intended to suggest Royal should offer it and never expect them to.  

In past years,  P's had many of the suite benefits but that has changed since the return to sailing and the numbers of new P's . P benefits have changed and even change from sailing to sailing on the same ship.  Lastly, I know that the benefits on one ship won't necessary be the same benefits as another ship.

M

I agree.  I wouldn’t expect more either.  I do wish they had a category in between D+ and P.  I realize they give an extra onboard amenity and the single supplement (which I’m not sure I’ll ever use), but it isn’t my system and I still do appreciate all of the D+ benefits.   There are so many D and above that things like D seating at shows is mostly useless. And top tier embarkation lines are of little use because that is emerald and up.  That is my only complaint.  But we mostly cruise suites now, so I usually get the best of the benefits anyhow.  

4 hours ago, GetToLivin said:

How many "different yet related" tiffs have spawned from this one post...we're at 18 pages now, who's keeping track, we need stats 🍿

I think there are at least 3 tiffs related to just the suggestion of no-cost (or minimal cost) enhancements to Pin benefits on ships without a CK.

But I'm only half-paying attention. 😊

As for tiffs related to the original post,  no idea. 🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Not sure, but I am surprised their other picture is allowed. 😱

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m not the only one who saw it?🤷‍♂️

Well now I have to take a peek. 

👀

Now I'm paying attention 😃

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

I thought I was on the wrong thread, was reading about peoples financial journeys and stumbled on a pinnacle thread with C&A benefits 😉

I thought for sure some one would have posted a bank statement by now.🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I am on my third bag ... 

image.thumb.jpeg.5a5542b56ce9c593013462686cf4cf80.jpeg

Did you tip the person that made your 🍿 

I always make sure to have a few dollar bills for such occasion 

Let’s not turn this into a tipping thread, 

I wonder if people that book $20k suites pay gratuities up front.

do you tip the person that installs your carpet ?

• Haha 3