Latest time to disembark in Galveston

So, my flight out of Houston is not until 2:30. I know they need to turn the ship over and dont want to be a butt. BUT, what is the latest i can disembark and on that note, about what time should i schedule a shuttle to pick up? Is disembark super quick now at the new terminal? Just hoping to not have to sit at the airport for 4 hours. Or is there an easy way to kill a few hours in galveston, knowing we will have a bunch of luggage to deal with?

Seems like they wanted us off by about 9:00, and seems she was pretty empty by then 🙂 

How are you getting to the airport? Could take "slow shuttle" and kill time that way.

There are things to do in Galveston, but toting luggage likely rules that out. 

Post over in the Gulf Coast Departures forum and you'll get plenty of responses.

5 minutes ago, markm196 said:

So, my flight out of Houston is not until 2:30. I know they need to turn the ship over and dont want to be a butt. BUT, what is the latest i can disembark and on that note, about what time should i schedule a shuttle to pick up? Is disembark super quick now at the new terminal? Just hoping to not have to sit at the airport for 4 hours. Or is there an easy way to kill a few hours in galveston, knowing we will have a bunch of luggage to deal with?

Luggage to haul around is a killer. Last off is usually 9am but all that means is sitting around the ship somewhere with all your luggage. I would stall around the ship then get taxi/uber to the airport. It's about an hour so to the airport. 

Any chance you can be first off and get standby for an earlier flight?

Got 8 people to deal with.. 
the plan was to head up to the Windjammer with our carryons and have some breakfast, just wondered if they would kick us out at 9 or 9:30 or what. We could get off super early and do something like the space center i guess. But not sure there is enough time or where we could store our luggage there. The cruise ship has an excursion that does that, BUT it only takes you to George bush and not hobby.

There is an excursion that goes to Johnson space center then takes you to airport (IAH)     It does start at 9 though and is four hours so may be tight for your flight….but you might look for something like that independently 

2 hours ago, jenkscubfan said:

There is an excursion that goes to Johnson space center then takes you to airport (IAH)     It does start at 9 though and is four hours so may be tight for your flight….but you might look for something like that independently 

That's a short stay at Johnson Space Center, won't be able to experience all of it.

17 hours ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Luggage to haul around is a killer. Last off is usually 9am but all that means is sitting around the ship somewhere with all your luggage. I would stall around the ship then get taxi/uber to the airport. It's about an hour so to the airport. 

Any chance you can be first off and get standby for an earlier flight?

Getting a Lyft (or Uber once they start coming to the terminal) from Galveston is impractical in the hours from about 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. local time.  Just not enough Galveston drivers, and way too much demand.  Use a shuttle service instead, especially given your party size.

• Like 2