Is there any ballroom dancing on Apex or Beyond? What are the dance venues on these ships? Thank you.

gam888

We are considering the Celebrity Apex or Celebrity Beyond this July in Europe. We enjoy doing some ballroom dancing and wonder is there any ballroom dancing opportunities on these ships? On other Celebrity ships that we have been on, there were certain evenings that in a given lounge, there was pre-recorded ballroom music. Do they offer that on the Apex or Beyond? In general , how much dancing opportunities are there with either live music or music played by a DJ in a lounge? 

How is the entertainment on these ships? What kind of music do they play in the lounges? Does anyone have any daily activity print out that they can post here? Any information on these ships are welcome. Thank you in advance.

Didn’t see any when I was on Beyond last month . There’s only really the martini bar, roof top terrace and The Club as social areas that play music and even then it was the same set of musicians singing from a very limited set list 

Edited by CruiseCrew123
More info

You will not find ballroom dancing on any E-Class ships. Having said that there are three venues where dancing can/will occur;The Club, Grand Plaza, and Eden. The best place you may find a more traditional partner dance will be at the Grand Plaza. Sometimes they will feature a Jazz trio. The Club will be DJ music. All three venues may/will host the Silent Disco dance parties. 

On our Edge cruise we could dance Latin in the The Club. Its floor is perfect for Ballroom too but sadly the music rarely suited a Waltz, Quick Step or Slow Foxtrot.

Loads of opportunities to dance Cha Cha, Rumba and Tango however.

Celebrity ships are the worst for Ballroom dancing opportunities. Princess is better IMHO 

2 hours ago, didicruiser said:

When on the Reflection this past December, recorded ballroom dance music was played in the Sky Lounge most days before early dining. Check the daily 

The OP asked about E-Class ships.

11 minutes ago, 39august said:

But we may think that these other ship experiences may indicate the same could happen on E class ships. As above, check your daily for possible venues. 

Not really. It's a conscious choice on Celebrity's part not to have ballroom dancing on E-Class ships. 

13 minutes ago, 39august said:

Interesting. I guess that makes sense when trying to lure a younger demographic. 

I wanted to be fair and reviewed the daily programs for my most recent Celebrity cruises on the Solstice and Beyond:

I WAS WRONG

The Beyond did have a Ballroom Hour with prerecorded music in The Club at 6:00pm.!!! (Solstice had it in the Sky Lounge)

My apologies for providing wrong answers!!!

Edited by kwokpot

On 3/31/2023 at 12:31 AM, gam888 said:

We are considering the Celebrity Apex or Celebrity Beyond this July in Europe. We enjoy doing some ballroom dancing and wonder is there any ballroom dancing opportunities on these ships? On other Celebrity ships that we have been on, there were certain evenings that in a given lounge, there was pre-recorded ballroom music. Do they offer that on the Apex or Beyond? In general , how much dancing opportunities are there with either live music or music played by a DJ in a lounge? 

How is the entertainment on these ships? What kind of music do they play in the lounges? Does anyone have any daily activity print out that they can post here? Any information on these ships are welcome. Thank you in advance.

You will be happy to hear their MAY be a Ballroom hour of dancing in The Club at early evening to prerecorded music.