Carnival App

Harley167

First time on Carnival in a few years! We will be on Glory in my. I understand that you have to download a Carnival app. How does that work? I didn't plan on buying a wifi package. I try to leave my phone off unless we are in port!Thank you!

the Hub app is free while onboard the Glory.  if you have anyone you would like to text through the app it is $5 per sailing per person. 

We usually agree to that since we dont have an international plan on our phones and my wife and I often do our own thing on sea days.  it's nice just to send a message letting her know where i end up.  (she usually sunbathes which isnt my preference) 

it also has all the daily activities and dining menus.  

• Like 1

You are not required to download or use the app, however, it does allow you to send messages to other users and it houses all the useful information, events, allows you to book excursions and spa appointments, make reservations for dinner, check in for dinner at the MDR, menus, etc.

It's $5/person to use it, which is not a bad deal, and you do not have to purchase an internet plan for it to work, but can be buggy at times. Sometimes I have no issues with it at all and sometimes the dining check in won't work, messages don't send or are never received by the recipient or come in hours later than when they were sent. It also kept skipping ahead a day on my during one cruise and I had to constantly check that I was looking at the correct day. Lots of others have had similar complaints with it. When it does work though, it's great.

• Like 1

It'd free and easy to use.  If there is something that interest you, you can "star it" and it will send you reminders.  You can also use it to check in for dinner if you use anytime dining.

It's a nice option to have.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mic101680 said:

You are not required to download or use the app, however, it does allow you to send messages to other users and it houses all the useful information, events, allows you to book excursions and spa appointments, make reservations for dinner, check in for dinner at the MDR, menus, etc.

It's $5/person to use it, which is not a bad deal, and you do not have to purchase an internet plan for it to work, but can be buggy at times. Sometimes I have no issues with it at all and sometimes the dining check in won't work, messages don't send or are never received by the recipient or come in hours later than when they were sent. It also kept skipping ahead a day on my during one cruise and I had to constantly check that I was looking at the correct day. Lots of others have had similar complaints with it. When it does work though, it's great.

Let me clear this up.  The Hub App and ALL it's features are FREE with the exception of it's shipboard messaging which has the nominal upcharge as indicated. NO internet package of any kind is required.

You can certainly 'survive' without it but it is the real-time source of all activity, information and dining check-in on the ship.

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, Mic101680 said:

The best part of the app is making your restaurant reservations. We had anytime dining.  Or morning mdr breakfast .  It's easy and simple

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, FastShip24 said:

The best part of the app is making your restaurant reservations. We had anytime dining.  Or morning mdr breakfast .  It's easy and simple

Frankly without the App it's a complete pain in the butt as you would need to go all the way to the MDR, check-in at the hostess stand, and then face the prospect of waiting there or returning sometime later.

• Like 1

I don't use the app.

I love my husband, but sometimes like to do my own thing for a couple of hours without being bothered by texts.

I also enjoy being unplugged when on a cruise. I don't want to spend my time looking at an app to see what I want to do. I cruise to get away from that type of behavior. I carry the fun times paper with me...maybe.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jsglow said:

Let me clear this up.  The Hub App and ALL it's features are FREE with the exception of it's shipboard messaging which has the nominal upcharge as indicated. NO internet package of any kind is required.

You can certainly 'survive' without it but it is the real-time source of all activity, information and dining check-in on the ship.

You're correct. I didn't clarify that the $5 was for the messaging feature only. Apologies for any confusion I caused anyone!

5 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

Don't you need the App to get a table for breakfast ? I know you maybe able to check in at the MDR desk but then your waiting until everyone clears ahead of you.

Yes.  ALL MDR queuing is most efficiently done via the App regardless of meal. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harley167 said:

First time on Carnival in a few years! We will be on Glory in my. I understand that you have to download a Carnival app. How does that work? I didn't plan on buying a wifi package. I try to leave my phone off unless we are in port!Thank you!

1) download app prior to boarding

2) once on ship put phone on Airplane Mode

3) Wi-Fi choices will come up, choose Carnival - there is no cost

4) app will show daily activities and menus etc., you can also checkin for bkft and brunch and dinner (if you have any-time dining)

5) app will also have your on-board account so you can keep an eye on that

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

Don't you need the App to get a table for breakfast ? I know you maybe able to check in at the MDR desk but then your waiting until everyone clears ahead of you.

If you realize this, and check in on App prior to bkft, brunch, etc., you will be ahead of the game. The first day on board at the dining room for breakfast there will be line up at the desk, people don’t realize or understand the check in thing. Once you check in you will get a reply telling you approximate time of wait, usually accurate, then eventually you will receive a table # and you get to go to the ‘head of the line,’ don’t wait behind everyone waiting for a table, show your table # to person at desk, we always wait in comfort on a couch outside of dining room. Hope this makes sense!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

Correct.  You can also make reservations at the specialty restaurant 

17 hours ago, trummy said:

I don't use the app.

I love my husband, but sometimes like to do my own thing for a couple of hours without being bothered by texts.

I also enjoy being unplugged when on a cruise. I don't want to spend my time looking at an app to see what I want to do. I cruise to get away from that type of behavior. I carry the fun times paper with me...maybe.

Thank you I was getting nervous, we put our phone in the safe and that's that. We take one with us in port in case of emergency otherwise it stays put away.

How do you put your reservation into the app beforehand so we can start getting a countdown?  We are cruising in May.  We only cruised Carnival once last April and used the app but don't remember how it started.

4 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

How do you put your reservation into the app beforehand so we can start getting a countdown?  We are cruising in May.  We only cruised Carnival once last April and used the app but don't remember how it started.

If you log into the app, it should show.  If not, log out and log back in using your booking number.

22 hours ago, trummy said:

I don't use the app.

my last cruise didnt have any printed fun times. not even the half sheet they used to have. i looked at coffee shop and guest services. was told they don't print it anymore at all.