Oceania Specialty Restaurant reservations

Cruiseskier

18 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You are correct.   We now have two upper suites booked but have never sailed Oceania before.    CC members are a really good source of information.

Finding out one needs to log in early to make all the dinner reservation was really important for us to understand.

You will find Cruise Critic an invaluable source of information.  Also remember to join the roll call for your cruise.

11 hours ago, jonthomas said:

That's a very expensive way to solve this problem. Besides we are not the butler types.

You could opt for a PH or concierge level cabin to get a head start.  If you go to PH or above, you are not obligated to use your butler but may find him of some value.  Absent spending money to get an earlier booking time, you will have to be very flexible in your dining time and keep a look out for cancellations before and during your cruise.  

We tend to opt for sharing for our specialty restaurants and over the past 12 or so dinners have only had 1 that I regret but that was down to the fact that 1 couple did not really fit in.  You could try redirecting the conversation away from politics.  Don’t shut the conversation down, but let them finish their thought and then tactfully change the subject.  Talk about previous travels, their children, their jobs, their hobbies, etc.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 3:09 AM, ORV said:

Jim, I might be wrong and someone can correct me if I am, but I think the top 3 suites can make their specialty reservations as soon as final payment is made. Either way you’re not going to have much competition for times and restaurants. 

You are correct.  I was just looking at my booking  and it says I can make reservation after final payment.     Final Payment is not due until April 17.   I'm on Regatta in a Vista Suite and there are only 2 Specialty so guessing I don't need to log in at 12:01 -   does it activate as soon as Final Payment is made?   My agent usually asks me to pay a couple days early to ensure no snags.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You are correct.  I was just looking at my booking  and it says I can make reservation after final payment.     Final Payment is not due until April 17.   I'm on Regatta in a Vista Suite and there are only 2 Specialty so guessing I don't need to log in at 12:01 -   does it activate as soon as Final Payment is made?   My agent usually asks me to pay a couple days early to ensure no snags.

Being in a suite, I don't think you will have problems securing reservations, so logging in at a more agreeable hour should be fine.   For those of us who typically book Veranda or below, the 12:01 log in can make the difference between eating really late or having to share.   

Joe

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JoePDX said:

Being in a suite, I don't think you will have problems securing reservations, so logging in at a more agreeable hour should be fine.   For those of us who typically book Veranda or below, the 12:01 log in can make the difference between eating really late or having to share.   

Joe

I'm lucky being in California the magic hour is only 9:01 PM here.   I guess I really don't have to worry.    I looked up the number of  upper suites and is a relatively small number

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoePDX said:

Joe

Another advantage to living on the Left Coast 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

We are fourteen hours ahead of Miami time, so I was able to log in to make reservations during a leisurely afternoon tea.

I used to work for QANTAS in their San Francisco headquarters. Pretty much pre-email. Talking to Sydney always took planning.

52 minutes ago, clo said:

I used to work for QANTAS in their San Francisco headquarters. Pretty much pre-email. Talking to Sydney always took planning.

I know!  We have close family (cousins) in northern Italy, and we always have to do a quick mental calculation before ringing or texting.  America with different time zones is even more difficult.  We also have several time zones, and some states do summer time, and some don’t.  It’s hard to get your head around Russia with nine time zones.  For Miami, I find it easier to count ten hours ahead and call it yesterday 🤷🏻‍♀️

my daughter’s SIL is a senior Qantas staff member.

12 hours ago, Mareblu said:

sixteen hours ahead of Miami, and I count eight hours agead and call it yesterday.  

I've done things like that also. 🙂