Norwegian Joy Live 04-08-2023

wolft927

7 hours ago, wolft927 said:

So As I mentioned we will be leaving Thursday at 3:30pm to start our Drive From North Carolina down to Miami. The goal is to make it to at least Jacksonville Thursday evening but depending on traffic and if we are making good time may push it to Daytona Beach. If it was just my wife and I traveling we would have driven straight through to Miami but traveling with our 16 year old daughter and her 17 year old friend that seems like a little much for them. 

You, sir, are a hardy soul.  The Good Mrs. Benson and I also live in the Piedmont, and there's no way I would endure a drive from here to Miami.  (Plus, the drive back awaiting our return.)

When we sail out of Miami on Joy next year, the GMB has stated we'll be flying there first class.  (I better plant that money tree this spring.)

My hat's off to you, and I wish you and your family a safe drive and an idyllic voyage.  I'll be following your comments here, most definitely.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CDR Benson said:

You, sir, are a hardy soul.  The Good Mrs. Benson and I also live in the Piedmont, and there's no way I would endure a drive from here to Miami.  (Plus, the drive back awaiting our return.)

When we sail out of Miami on Joy next year, the GMB has stated we'll be flying there first class.  (I better plant that money tree this spring.)

My hat's off to you, and I wish you and your family a safe drive and an idyllic voyage.  I'll be following your comments here, most definitely.

Thank you so much!!! I don’t mind the drive and honsestly the price of tickets plus luggage would have added another $2k to our vacation. Rather use that to stay in the Haven 

• Like 1

• So, 3 days out 1 day away from our drive down to Miami. Have almost everything packed and ready. This will be the first time I get off work and start driving, typically we would start the morning before our cruise and do the 10 hour drive in one shot and get to Miami about 3 or 4pm, but this time with 2 teenagers with my wife and I, opted to split up the drive. 
  • I think my wife and I are more excited for the teenagers then we are as we have been on many cruises and this will be their first. I always am in awe when you walk into the terminal and can see just how massive these ships are. Neither of the teenagers have ever seen a Cruise ship up close so we are going to try and catch their reaction. Also, their first cruise and being able to stay in a Haven suite! 
  • Our oldest (21) has cruised with us several times and the last cruise (which we told him and his girfriend this would be the last we pay for lol) we booked them their own Haven courtyard suite on the Breakaway not telling them about it and it was a shock to them when we arrived. Our oldest after the cruise said he want to work hard in life so he can enjoy things like the Haven on his own dime. 

The excitement is building, and just cant wait to be onboard and share my families journey with everyone!

• Like 7

I’m so jealous.  I returned on Saturday from NCL Joy in the Haven.  Had a great time. Loved the ship, and of course, loved the Haven. Can’t wait to do it again! Safe travels, have a great time!

7 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Will be following along and have a wonderful time!

Thank you! I will say if anyone has a chance, the strawberry mojitos at the mojito bar in the marketplace are amazing! 

0B03D7E2-CD89-4581-920C-0DE7E1102C8A.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 4/6/2023 at 7:41 PM, dwr777 said:

I’m so jealous.  I returned on Saturday from NCL Joy in the Haven.  Had a great time. Loved the ship, and of course, loved the Haven. Can’t wait to do it again! Safe travels, have a great time!

Since you just returned...do you have a list of officers?

Thank you

21 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Will be following along and have a wonderful time!

Thank you! I will say if anyone has a chance, the strawberry mojitos at the mojito bar in the marketplace are amazing! 

So, we arrived at the terminal at approximately 9am, dropped off our luggage parked the truck and went straight into the Haven entrance. Check in was simple and easy and took all of about 15 minutes from truck to Haven area in terminal. It’s now 10am and still see people disembarking the ship which seems late to me. Will update once we start to board, by the way I think the new Miami terminal is amazing! 

Edited by wolft927
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

So, we arrived at the terminal at approximately 9am, dropped off our luggage parked the truck and went straight into the Haven entrance. Check in was simple and easy and took all of about 15 minutes from truck to Haven area in terminal. It’s now 10am and still see people disembarking the ship which seems late to me. Will update once we start to board, by the way I think the new Miami terminal is amazing! 

Looking forward to your updates. Thanks for doing that!

So, 10:50 and still people disembarking, come on lol it’s our turn lol. Haven lounge has several different snacks from sandwiches and cookies fresh fruit and different type of breads. Coffee orange juice tea also available.