American question - vaccination proof (CDC card)?

TheLindsay

Have any Americans recently sailed on a Cunard cruise that required vaccines (preferably that embarked outside the USA)?  I'm fully vaxxed and boosted, but only have the CDC cards you get when you're jabbed as proof - that is all we get here.

I got an email regarding my Japan sailing in a couple weeks that says "Please note, that the record card that is given out at the time of vaccination will not be accepted as proof of your vaccination status."

This has me quite panicked - I have nothing else, there is nothing else I can even get.

I called Cunard and the customer service agent said that the original CDC card would be fine for an American, but she could not put it in writing for me.  Japan has already accepted our vaccine cards and issued our visas.

Thank you in advance.

I have already checked.  Illinois (my home state) does, but I've only lived here long enough that I got my boosters here (so I have proof of two boosters on the Illinois thing, but that's it, and it is just through a qr code - there's no official certificate or anything).  My original vaccines were in a state that has no such thing.  So I've got *something*, but I think it is insane that Cunard is saying that what we were given isn't good enough.  Many states don't have something like that.  Japan already accepted the copies of my CDC cards.  I can't imagine why Cunard would want more than Japan does.

22 hours ago, TheLindsay said:

I know you're probably right.  And I'm sure it'll be fine.  I'm a worrier 🙂

I talked to a Cunard representative today, who told me the language about a vaccination record card was meant for UK passengers.  (Does that make sense to those of you in the UK?)  It was not meant for US passengers, though, and the CDC card will be fine.  

5 minutes ago, alc13 said:

(Does that make sense to those of you in the UK?)

Yes, we can download an official record with QR code. We needed to use this for travel instead of the hand written vaccination cards.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 5:21 PM, TheLindsay said:

I have already checked.  Illinois (my home state) does, but I've only lived here long enough that I got my boosters here (so I have proof of two boosters on the Illinois thing, but that's it, and it is just through a qr code - there's no official certificate or anything).  My original vaccines were in a state that has no such thing.  So I've got *something*, but I think it is insane that Cunard is saying that what we were given isn't good enough.  Many states don't have something like that.  Japan already accepted the copies of my CDC cards.  I can't imagine why Cunard would want more than Japan does.

If your CDC card has all of your vaccinations listed, see if you can get the ones from the other state added to the Illinois system. All of my shots were in NJ, but when I looked at "docket" after my second shot, it didn't appear on the app. There was a way to send the information via email and they updated the app record. 

• Like 1