Hayhu package question

Monica887

At the Hayhu beach, I'm trying to compare the A la Cart option vs the Beach and Jungle option. Has anyone been and can compare mainly the location/seating setup? As long as I have a shaded lounger I'm happy and want to be sure I can get that with the a la carte option. If not I'll pay more for the Beach and Jungle package. Is it worth the price difference?

5 hours ago, dna1990 said:

We are slated for August so can't confirm yet.  I will say they have been great in answering questions via email, so get the direct answer from them.

Thanks - yes, they've been very responsive. I also just like to hear from real people! 

11 hours ago, gamblinmon said:

Monica887, I’m interested in hearing the answer to this question.

we also booked the a la cart option .

if you email Hayhu for an answer, please post it here

TIA

I went with a la carte. This is the set up. It seems like that's the main difference other than the amount of food credit and included kayak. The Beach and Jungle set up is slightly closer to the water and, and individual pairs of chairs for a little more privacy. Since this a la carte section has shade and doesn't seem very crowded, and we aren't big drinkers, no reason for me to upgrade. 

If I had a group of 6 though, the VIP seems worth it!

Screenshot_20230404-190943.png

Edited by Monica887
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Monica887 said:

Also, I haven't been able to find the food menu with prices. That food credit is likely to go quickly!

I believe the food and drink menu is still online but no prices. 

I have been trying to get to Hayhu since it opened but have never had a port stop with appropriate hours to warrant the journey or prices. However I have corresponded with them several times.

You are correct prices are high. My prices are from early 2019 and probably not particularly relevant now but we always use “a beer and standard meal” as our baseline for comparison - in 2019, beers were $5, cocktails $10+, hamburgers were $15-20, tacos $10-15. Local friends in Costa Maya highly recommended back then but they had their own transport.

4 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

I believe the food and drink menu is still online but no prices. 

I have been trying to get to Hayhu since it opened but have never had a port stop with appropriate hours to warrant the journey or prices. However I have corresponded with them several times.

You are correct prices are high. My prices are from early 2019 and probably not particularly relevant now but we always use “a beer and standard meal” as our baseline for comparison - in 2019, beers were $5, cocktails $10+, hamburgers were $15-20, tacos $10-15. Local friends in Costa Maya highly recommended back then but they had their own transport.

I've lived mostly in 2 major cities, so $15 for a burger isn't offensive to me. I'm sure I'll go over the $30 credit, but if I get a main, a drink or two, and some chips it'll still be far less than a ship excursion would be. 

8 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

I've lived mostly in 2 major cities, so $15 for a burger isn't offensive to me. I'm sure I'll go over the $30 credit, but if I get a main, a drink or two, and some chips it'll still be far less than a ship excursion would be. 

Just trying to prepare you. There is a big difference between city prices and a Mexican beach bar!

Obviously from the infrastructure it is not a bargain location and I am glad it seems to have survived through Covid.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 8:35 PM, Monica887 said:

At the Hayhu beach, I'm trying to compare the A la Cart option vs the Beach and Jungle option. Has anyone been and can compare mainly the location/seating setup? As long as I have a shaded lounger I'm happy and want to be sure I can get that with the a la carte option. If not I'll pay more for the Beach and Jungle package. Is it worth the price difference?

Yes you can get the shaded lounger plus there are areas to sit in the shade.  I was there in 2022 and loved it.  We will be back in July.  

I found the menu although in Spanish, it will give you an idea of prices.  Portion sizes are huge.  We had the beach jungle getaway and yes it is expensive but here's why we are going back.  1.  fantastic reef right in front of resort.  2.  Fantastic food and drink and service.  3.  Round trip transportation included.  4.  NO VENDORS!!!  5.  Shower. 6.  bathrooms.  7.  wifi included.  8.  great staff.

Yes it would be easy to stay near ship and we liked Jamies.  BUT, with a snorkel boat tour for $40 plus tip to 2 people, cab fare, Jamie's AI which we did, millions of vendors, murky water, I chose Hayhu any day especially with no vendors and clear beautiful blue water.

Screenshot_20230407-061904_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20230407-061911_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20230407-061918_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20230407-061926_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20230407-061931_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20230407-061938_Samsung Notes.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Yes you can get the shaded lounger plus there are areas to sit in the shade.  I was there in 2022 and loved it.  We will be back in July.  

I found the menu although in Spanish, it will give you an idea of prices.  Portion sizes are huge.  We had the beach jungle getaway and yes it is expensive but here's why we are going back.  1.  fantastic reef right in front of resort.  2.  Fantastic food and drink and service.  3.  Round trip transportation included.  4.  NO VENDORS!!!  5.  Shower. 6.  bathrooms.  7.  wifi included.  8.  great staff.

Yes it would be easy to stay near ship and we liked Jamies.  BUT, with a snorkel boat tour for $40 plus tip to 2 people, cab fare, Jamie's AI which we did, millions of vendors, murky water, I chose Hayhu any day especially with no vendors and clear beautiful blue water.

Interesting.

Is that a copy of the actual menu you were given last year, a random photo you found on the internet, or a copy of the  “locals” menu which we all know is not a available to everyone?

We generally pay in pesos when possible but obviously that would depend on how old that menu was and exchange rate. Do they take credit cards for payment?

30 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Interesting.

Is that a copy of the actual menu you were given last year, a random photo you found on the internet, or a copy of the  “locals” menu which we all know is not a available to everyone?

We generally pay in pesos when possible but obviously that would depend on how old that menu was and exchange rate. Do they take credit cards for payment?

They do.  They of course prefer cash.  I found it from a google search.  Since I'll be back in July, I'll take pictures of the menu.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

They do.  They of course prefer cash.  I found it from a google search.  Since I'll be back in July, I'll take pictures of the menu.

Thanks would love to know if they allow you to use the pesos menu. We have had problems with that in Costa Maya before.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Fantastic post thank you! I was wondering about wifi, and my Spanish is just good enough to make sense of the menu...lol. I was considering bring my own snorkel gear, so it's also nice to know there's a good reef there. I'm not experienced at all, so having my own gear and knowing it's right there is perfect. 

Yes, please update in July! I'm going in August. 

Why do you choose beach and jungle over a la carte? 

28 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

Fantastic post thank you! I was wondering about wifi, and my Spanish is just good enough to make sense of the menu...lol. I was considering bring my own snorkel gear, so it's also nice to know there's a good reef there. I'm not experienced at all, so having my own gear and knowing it's right there is perfect. 

Yes, please update in July! I'm going in August. 

Why do you choose beach and jungle over a la carte? 

I have never been a fan of a la carte because I just think mistakes happen so I'd rather just pay and not calculate.  I also go to the other extreme and bring a tent with a cooler with snacks and drinks to ports like the ABCs.  It just depends.  Yes it's expensive but not as bad as some of the day passes I'm researching in Nassau.  I put money aside each week for this type of stuff so when the time comes, I don't even notice.

4 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I have never been a fan of a la carte because I just think mistakes happen so I'd rather just pay and not calculate.  I also go to the other extreme and bring a tent with a cooler with snacks and drinks to ports like the ABCs.  It just depends.  Yes it's expensive but not as bad as some of the day passes I'm researching in Nassau.  I put money aside each week for this type of stuff so when the time comes, I don't even notice.

Fair enough!