Taking wine onboard from ports of call in Alaska?

Morgsmom

While in Fort Lauderdale for 

1 hour ago, Morgsmom said:

??? Never heard of this.  I always thought that confiscated liquor was held until the last night and returned like duty free (*caveat, unless the guest bringing onboard was also under age, which happens with spring break cruises....)

Agree. While in Fort Lauderdale (17 March) we did a pre-cruise hotel stay like always for our 18 March Apex cruise. The hotel we were staying at didn't do a HH. So I bought six tequila mini bottles at a nearby liquor store. We drank three and packed the rest in our checked luggage. DUH! Anyway when we received our luggage on the ship I noticed the zip tie was missing I used to secure our luggage. When I opened my suitcase there was a yellow ship inspection slip in the suitcase. Inspectors name and in comments, "clear". Crazy thing is the three tequila mini bottles were still there. Probably my boxers were in question. 😁 We brought the tequila home. 

Edited by davekathy

On 4/5/2023 at 5:40 AM, Morgsmom said:

Of course!  But we always fly with carry-on only.  Where there's a will, there's a way 🙂

Ask your cabin steward to borrow a corkscrew.

Our last cruise out of LA on Solstice. We brought 5 bottles of tequila back to the ship in PV. Went right through the scanner with no questions asked. 

54 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Ask your cabin steward to borrow a corkscrew.

Our last cruise out of LA on Solstice. We brought 5 bottles of tequila back to the ship in PV. Went right through the scanner with no questions asked. 

The party in your cabin that night must have been epic!

The rules are 2 bottles of wine per adult passenger at embarkation only. Any alcohol bought in port is to be held until the end of the cruise (generally the evening before disembarkation).

Sometimes security is ignorant of these rules or chooses not to enforce them, or in the case of claiming a four bottle limit is over enforcing them.  So it’s a crap shoot as to whether rules will be applied but odds are high that in most cases they will be as stated.