Transfer FLL to Port Everglades

Cbktpf

Just booked the Edge for transatlantic crossing departing April 17. We have a nonstop flight from Cleveland arriving at 11:55 AM. Should we grab a cab or use Celebrity transfer to port? 

12 minutes ago, Cbktpf said:

Just booked the Edge for transatlantic crossing departing April 17. We have a nonstop flight from Cleveland arriving at 11:55 AM. Should we grab a cab or use Celebrity transfer to port? 

I think this is a personal preference kind of thing. Taxi is faster but more expensive. The distance to the pier is relatively short so the taxi fare shouldn't be too bad. I personally would opt for taking a taxi or Uber

• Like 1

A cab should be metered and cost around $15/ride + tip but they often lie and tell you it's fixed at $20.  For that reason I prefer uber/lyft.

No reason to take an X transfer and since you're arriving fairly late I'm not sure if its even an option; depending if one is receiving a pre-sail discount, the transfer sounds like it'll at least be at least $45 for a couple:

image.png.c95e19669ec6395e74279a21421bb792.png

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Taxi is faster but more expensive.

No, it’s not more expensive as the post after yours shows. Taxi or Uber/Lyft usually run $15-$20 total. Celebrity transfer is $20-$25 per person, so actually much more expensive. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

It’s a real pain to wait for the Celebrity bus to fill up. I can’t believe you aren’t flying in the day before considering the airlines and weather. Taxis are plentiful and the trip to the pier takes 15 minutes. 

Coincidently I was thinking the same although some have claimed when book airfare with X they offer flights that are a little too close for comfort

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Not so!  If OP wants less convenience and to pay more, use Celebrity.  Otherwise, Lyft or taxi.

Otherwise, Lyft or taxi?

Just now, Cbktpf said:

Hmm, maybe I should check on changing flight to day before. Seemed fine on Sun but a little crazy now😳

Flying in the day before cruise starts is a very good idea.

I agree with others that you’d be better flying in the day before if you can change flights ✈️

We took an Uber from FLL to Port Everglades in February this year and it cost 42 dollars plus tip! It is a short journey but expensive IMHO !

I also agree with those who prefer to taxi/Uber rather than the coach transfer - despite the cost!

Whatever you decide have a great cruise 🚢 

We use a limo service. In November it was $100.45, including a 20% tip. But we get 'meet & greet' service, driver handles the luggage, pleasant ride in nice limo, and an overall superb, relaxed experience. I'm not going to begin a $15k cruise by riding a bus to save $50. 

We took our usual taxi to the port from FLL in Jan. and it cost the usual $15-20 as it has for the past few years. Much faster and cheaper than X transfer. And I can't stress enough that you should change your flight to the day before. 

• Like 1

I have both apps, but prefer Uber because it had more of an international presence when I was using them while in Europe and Australia.  I am not sure if that is true anymore.

Edited by mahdnc

56 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I have both apps, but prefer Uber because it had more of an international presence when I was using them while in Europe and Australia.  I am not sure if that is true anymore.

Notice when we were in some of the Baltic Countries that Ridesharing wasn’t allowed 

mostly thinking of using from Sleep Inn in Dania to The Port Everglades