April 8th Solstice - Spring Break Cruise Live

KasioSails

It’s vacation time 😎 

We are riding along in our Uber to our hotel so it’s time for an update. 

We headed out today late morning down to SeaTac for our flight. It is most definitely Spring break in Seattle - the place was busy - the main security lines looked not the worst I have seen but decently busy. *A note for people flying from Seattle for an Alaska cruise - SeaTac has the security spot saver program where you can reserve a 30min TSA window that is typically a much shorter wait. Our flight was delayed so after security we headed to the Alaska lounge for some snacks and coffee before our flight. Despite being late to take off we only landed a few minutes late - great flight overall with good food (especially the warm cookie) and service. The LAX-It thing was pretty simple and getting our Uber ride was smooth. 

I’ll update again this evening on our hotel or any other questions. Thank you all for reading.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, In Toronto said:

Is the area for pickup by Uber well marked at LAX?

I would say so Yeah - From inside where baggage claim was I was a little confused - but  once outside the stops for the shuttle were very clearly marked and then at drop off it was all well marked with people directing to the different services 

It’s set sail day - yeah!
Woke up at around 5am as usual (I work east coast hours so I’m always up early) which woke up my younger son who was too excited to go back to sleep. It turned out to be a good thing because him and I got to see the Princess ship docked next to us coming in. He was so thrilled and said it was “magnificent” and I agreed. 

We are staying at the Crowne Plaza right near the port. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a pre-cruise night or two. It is a little worn but the staff is very friendly and it’s a nice view to the port. When we got in we decided a little bit of pool time was in order since we had been sitting a while. We had a small dinner from Buono Pizzeria across the street that was very yummy - highly recommended. Then we settled in a bit early to rest before our next adventure. Hope to see everyone joining us on board.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JintyGirl said:

Can I ask about Uber at LAX also? Did you wait until you were at LAX-it before ordering your car? Or did you order at the terminal before boarding the shuttle? Thanks 😊 

Of course - We chose to wait until we were in the Uber pick up area. The reason we did was because when I was checking rates and times in baggage claim the rides were all like 2-5mins away and we didn’t know how long the shuttle would be. We were in terminal 6 and the shuttle was a pretty short ride.

Once in the Uber area we ordered an XL so I knew we had enough space for us and our stuff and the wait was only 7mins so no biggie. I think if we had been ok with a smaller car it would have been less. 

• Thanks 1

KasioSails.

Looking forward to following your Live From.

If you had a minute, would you ask how much the wifi for 1 day costs.  If you do not have the inclination or time with your family,  I understand.  Only if it is not too much trouble.

Hello from on board 🛳️😎

After needing to basically unpack to pick out our outfits (forgot my old trick of having embarkation clothes all set aside in their own cube) we headed to the port at about 9:45. We had researched and decided to go ahead and walk instead of taking the shuttle. This was a really nice idea I would recommend if you have nice weather and manageable bags. The route from the Crowne Plaza is not too long and very flat. We enjoyed stopping along the way for photos and sights.  It is a nice way to start early on the sunshine. We reached the port at about 10:20ish from just walking slowly along. The Retreat check in was well marked and super smooth. The ship was not quite ready so we hung out in the lounge for about 15 mins with drinks and snacks until the ship was ready at 10:45. From there it was just a simple walk up the gangway and we were on board. Our room is on Deck 10 and looks lovely - though the asks I put in before with the Shoreside concierge do not seem to be in place. 

That is all for now - I will add a first impressions and lunch review post later. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, In Toronto said:

KasioSails.

Looking forward to following your Live From.

If you had a minute, would you ask how much the wifi for 1 day costs.  If you do not have the inclination or time with your family,  I understand.  Only if it is not too much trouble.

On Solstice now. Premium = $34.99/day & Basic= $19.99/day.

Steve

• Thanks 1