April 8th Solstice - Spring Break Cruise Live

KasioSails

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

KasioSails was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Hello Everyone

I always love reading live reviews and am going to give one a try. 😀

Background and Planning

The traveling party this trip is myself, my husband and our 2 boys [7 & 13].  We are recentish West Coasters and haven’t taken a cruise in several years due to the pandemic and trying out other land vacations when we moved here. Before this upcoming trip we have sailed a number of Royal itineraries. This will be our first on Celebrity and this itinerary. Heading out Friday for LAX to stay near the port before embarking on Saturday. Right now is just the the final push to finish packing and plan ahead for work.

Can’t wait for Friday 😀🛳️

• Like 15

Just now, san diego spartan said:

Will be sailing with you on the 8th as well.  Does anyone know how full the ship will be?  I know it is Easter and lots of schools still having spring break - but I'm hoping that it won't be too crazy. 

Just now, san diego spartan said:

Will be sailing with you on the 8th as well.  Does anyone know how full the ship will be?  I know it is Easter and lots of schools still having spring break - but I'm hoping that it won't be too crazy. 

Full

2 hours ago, flashcruise said:

We are on this cruise, too. We are flying into LAX from Seattle on Friday and staying near the port as well. So excited to get away and relax. 

We are headed out of SeaTac on Friday too. 

Today was that it is almost here is there anything we are forgetting sort of pre-trip dread (I’ve checked our passports in my travel purse like 6x and I know I will again on Friday) as we finish packing and wrap up deliverables. It’s been almost 6 years since our last cruise - surprising to be just one more day. 

Good evening - hard to believe it’s finally here.

Everything is shaping up - flights and forms are done - packing is nearly there - errands are settled - it’s just a wait now to head to the airport in the morning 

It sounds like the ship is going to be super full I expect from Spring Break and likely with lots of children. I will be interested to compare the feel of the ship busy to Royal which is my only other experiences. DH and sailed on the at the time brand new Mariner for our honeymoon and were hooked on cruising from the moment we walked onboard. 

We are staying in a Celebrity Suite on this trip so if anyone has any specific questions to the experience or room let me know. 

13 hours ago, ecslady said:

Following along.  Really interested in how your 7 year old likes the ship and it's activities as I'm thinking of taking my daughter, SIL and two grandsons (6 & 😎 on a Celebrity cruise.

Thanks - I’ll be sure to provide details to the children’s experience. My younger one is a bit of a reserved and cautious soul (though still with child energy) and would be very unsettled on some of the really big ships or like a Disney with the characters walking around. 

I just read that there is a labor dispute at the Port of Los Angeles, and that the Port is closed today due to a shortage of workers.  It is not clear from the article whether this is limited to container ships, or if it also impacts passenger ships.  I hope this does not impact the cruise scheduled to depart tomorrow.

https://www.ttnews.com/articles/west-coast-shut-labor