Royal Caribbean Cooler Bag

Hi

Has anyone ordered the Royal Caribbean Cooler bag for $23.99 with 6 waters that is listed in the Gifts & Gear on the RCCL website?

I was trying to downsize how much I had to bring on board as we like to have a cooler for the beaches.

You can also get 6 beers but that's $20 more.

It looks nice but so does a lot of things on Amazon.

• Thanks 1

My husband has two. One from our very first cruise on Oasis in 2012 and one from our most recent cruise on Odyssey this year. They are decent quality, keep beer cold and they don’t leak 👍

Back when he bought the first one they refilled it for $5 a beer. No longer discounts on refills unfortunately 🙁

The new one has a comfy padded strap for carrying on your shoulder 😎

• Thanks 1

We purchased it for our cruise. When we boarded there was a letter saying that due to supply chain issues we wouldn't receive the bag and they would refund $10 to OBC. But in actuality, we got the beers and the whole price was refunded to OBC, so essentially FREE Beers!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2023 at 7:01 PM, njcruisebunny said:

Hi

Has anyone ordered the Royal Caribbean Cooler bag for $23.99 with 6 waters that is listed in the Gifts & Gear on the RCCL website?

I was trying to downsize how much I had to bring on board as we like to have a cooler for the beaches.

You can also get 6 beers but that's $20 more.

It looks nice but so does a lot of things on Amazon.

i just bought it for our upcoming fall cruise

On 4/5/2023 at 8:05 PM, Newcruiser2012 said:

My husband has two. One from our very first cruise on Oasis in 2012 and one from our most recent cruise on Odyssey this year. They are decent quality, keep beer cold and they don’t leak 👍

Back when he bought the first one they refilled it for $5 a beer. No longer discounts on refills unfortunately 🙁

The new one has a comfy padded strap for carrying on your shoulder 😎

could you attach a photo?  im curious how close it is to the drawn rendition?

4 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

We got one a couple of weeks ago on the Anthem and were surprised how high quality they are.  We opted for the Bud Light version.  Don't leak and held our 6 beers and ice as we spent our day at coco cay.  Would definitely do it again!

Dan

image.png.194552207cdb395759511d4b02309106.png

would you have a photo?

20 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Here you go with a beer and water for reference-Dan

8A7C207A-682E-4DC5-B29A-257624998B73.thumb.jpeg.1ba9e4178398c8420776ff283509b4cb.jpeg
744D38B4-E150-4F47-9305-0D52D72DD01A.thumb.jpeg.193e0085f9b1924eaf7f0e48eb8ca770.jpeg

Ohhh...  that really does look lovely!!   I ordered one for our upcoming cruise.. can't wait to get it now.. thanks  :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mosiegirl said:

Ohhh...  that really does look lovely!!   I ordered one for our upcoming cruise.. can't wait to get it now.. thanks  🙂

21 hours ago, orville99 said:

Much better looking than the old ones😇 Does the new one come with a bottle opener?

It is a nice quality bag. There is no bottle opener. To be fair, the packages that include this bag are only plastic water bottles or canned beverages.

22 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

It is a nice quality bag. There is no bottle opener. To be fair, the packages that include this bag are only plastic water bottles or canned beverages.

In the old days, you could purchase them at the bars on the pool deck and have them filled with the beverage of your choice, and then bring the bag back for another refill as often as you wanted.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, orville99 said:

In the old days, you could purchase them at the bars on the pool deck and have them filled with the beverage of your choice, and then bring the bag back for another refill as often as you wanted.

It's been years since I bought one but weren't the refills buy 5 and get one free or something like that? One bartender started opening all the beers until I stopped him. He made me promise not take them back to my cabin...

Me: Wut!!!

Him: I can't sell them to you closed if you're taking them back to your cabin.

Me: Um...no, um...I would never ever do that...Thanks.

Heads back to cabin.

Edited by Big_G
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Big_G said:

It's been years since I bought one but weren't the refills buy 5 and get one free or something like that?

I think that is what I remember, and the cooler bags were about $8 or $9 if you just wanted to buy a bag.

• Like 1