Self disembark from Allure of seas at Galvestone

Uber doesn’t have a contract with the port but Lyft does. Also there will be taxis if you are among first to disembark. To do so you have to carry off your luggage.  We always leave our room to walk off at around 6:30 and get in line. We have always been off by 8:00 sometimes by 7:20. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 1Texansgo said:

Uber doesn’t have a contract with the port but Lyft does. Also there will be taxis if you are among first to disembark. To do so you have to carry off your luggage.  We always leave our room to walk off at around 6:30 and get in line. We have always been off by 8:00 sometimes by 7:20. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I was able to book an Uber for 8.20am meet up so they must have started the service .

10 hours ago, 1Texansgo said:

Yes I've seen it posted for several weeks now uber does have a contract with the port.

I goofed big time yesterday and 7:45 was too early. Next time I'll wait to book a time until we are docked. Ooops. Booked a uber time in advance for my disembark yesterday from radiance and the driver met me at the curb at the terminal. 

We docked late and then had to show passports.. customs said open loop because of Panama, idk. But it was a bit iffy. I messaged the driver to please wait and he did and I tipped extra. I'm a dufus.

I did uber both ways. ..this is my uber receipt from yesterday.  

20230406_184604766.jpeg

Edited by firefly333
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Galveston Cruiser said:

Uber drivers have been going in and out of the port, but illegally..

The Wharves Board approved a contract with Uber at their March 28th meeting.  Contract to be executed in April with an effective date of May 1, 2023.

Good to know. I read it's already approved, but seems not until may.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2023 at 6:24 AM, firefly333 said:

Yes I've seen it posted for several weeks now uber does have a contract with the port.

I goofed big time yesterday and 7:45 was too early. Next time I'll wait to book a time until we are docked. Ooops. Booked a uber time in advance for my disembark yesterday from radiance and the driver met me at the curb at the terminal. 

We docked late and then had to show passports.. customs said open loop because of Panama, idk. But it was a bit iffy. I messaged the driver to please wait and he did and I tipped extra. I'm a dufus.

I did uber both ways. ..this is my uber receipt from yesterday.  

20230406_184604766.jpeg

What time were you able to meet the Uber driver out of the cruise terminal? Did you do self assist disembarkation? I booked Uber in advance for May 14th, 8.45am- I hope that I can make it out by then!

14 minutes ago, chukli said:

What time were you able to meet the Uber driver out of the cruise terminal? Did you do self assist disembarkation? I booked Uber in advance for May 14th, 8.45am- I hope that I can make it out by then!

Just before 8 am. Usually I'm off earlier but radiance was a bit late. I was down about 7 am in line first off almost in the disembark line. Yes self assist. 

45 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Just before 8 am. Usually I'm off earlier but radiance was a bit late. I was down about 7 am in line first off almost in the disembark line. Yes self assist. 

Does Customs use Facial Recognition.  I've got a 12 pm flight from Bush Int'l and thinking of pushing it back to 2:30. First time sailing form Galveston and wondering if the airport is hectic.  By chance, do you know how far the United gates are from Security.

14 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Does Customs use Facial Recognition.  I've got a 12 pm flight from Bush Int'l and thinking of pushing it back to 2:30. First time sailing form Galveston and wondering if the airport is hectic.  By chance, do you know how far the United gates are from Security.

Yes and no. Radiance didnt have it when I went thru and I heard a customs agent say ours was a open not closed loop because of Panama.

Later some said it was half way used. Lots were pulled aside, but we had a ton from mexico. Maybe americans didnt like the passport requirement and self test for Columbia. Cant board with bc. Idk why so many foreigners. Every day the captain announced birthdays and tilted toward more foreign than usa pax. I was behind someone with a foreign passport boarding as well and they took forever. Also they asked about vaccination status and someone complained to me agents werent well trained. They were vaccinated and still asked if they self tested. One couple I talked to was so mad about self testing and their gty cabin assignment they said will be a long time before they cruise again. They were assigned a connecting next to a 3 year old. 

Regular cruises they have sailed us right thru facial recognition but not this cruise. This terminal does have it. 4 or 5 people posted it was broken but I'm not sure that's why our issues. I think we just had a extra amount of grumbling. I did go thru customs and was asked if I had anything over 1k. Nope. 

If you are doing a regular cruise you should just be able to walk off.