Rotterdam to Keukenhof

April 2024 - going to be stopping in Rotterdam. I was hoping to see the tulips at Keukenhof or similar. All tours I'm finding are departing from amsterdam and nothing from Rotterdam. Anyone have any experience/advice on seeing the tulips from Rotterdam? 

thank you 

Thanks - I didn’t see Rotterdam in either topic and assumed holland was Northern Europe and not British isles… holland is Northern Europe?
The thread you linked doesn’t really answer my question though - I am porting in Rotterdam and don’t have a choice in that... Was hoping to find an excursion or tour that someone here recommended from Rotterdam. 

5 hours ago, finzup-kt said:

Thanks - I didn’t see Rotterdam in either topic and assumed holland was Northern Europe and not British isles… holland is Northern Europe?
The thread you linked doesn’t really answer my question though - I am porting in Rotterdam and don’t have a choice in that... Was hoping to find an excursion or tour that someone here recommended from Rotterdam. 

What it did say is take a train from Rotterdam to Leiden and then pick up the transportation from there. 

As to the location, CC considers The Netherlands in Western Europe (note that Amsterdam is listed), not Northern Europe. You posted in Northern Europe.  

Edited by gnome12

14 hours ago, finzup-kt said:

8 hours ago, gnome12 said:

What it did say is take a train from Rotterdam to Leiden and then pick up the transportation from there.

And to make it easy, go to https://ns.nl/en for information about trains from Rotterdam Centraal to Leiden Centraal, and to https://keukenhof.nl/en/ov for information about the Keukenhof Express bus from Leiden Centraal to Keukenhof. (You will see the second of those links in gnome12's post in that other thread.)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Globaliser said:

And to make it easy, go to https://ns.nl/en for information about trains from Rotterdam Centraal to Leiden Centraal, and to https://keukenhof.nl/en/ov for information about the Keukenhof Express bus from Leiden Centraal to Keukenhof. (You will see the second of those links in gnome12's post in that other thread.)

And Globaliser did give you a good advice too. We (living near Rotterdam) would do it that way via Leiden (special bus to Keukenhof almost in front of the railway station). My car would not drive faster than 1 mile per hour near Keukenhof on a sunny day like today..... So: 5 minutes walk from ship/cruise terminal to Metro station, few minutes in metro to Rotterdam Centraal Station. train to Leiden etc.  Absolutely check the links Globaliser gave you.  You will enjoy Keukenhof, I am sure.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2023 at 8:21 AM, MAVIP said:

And Globaliser did give you a good advice too. We (living near Rotterdam) would do it that way via Leiden (special bus to Keukenhof almost in front of the railway station). My car would not drive faster than 1 mile per hour near Keukenhof on a sunny day like today..... So: 5 minutes walk from ship/cruise terminal to Metro station, few minutes in metro to Rotterdam Centraal Station. train to Leiden etc.  Absolutely check the links Globaliser gave you.  You will enjoy Keukenhof, I am sure.

We will be in Rotterdam next year the third week in June.  Will the tulips still be in bloom?  Besides Hotel New York (which does sound nice) what other hotels would you recommend? What is the best area to stay near restaurants and shopping and places to see? We will be cruising from there.

9 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

For similar historical reasons, ss Rotterdam is a very special place to stay.

I just looked at the hotel  We're going on a cruise, so going from one cruise cabin (hotel) to another would be too much for us! But thank you!