Suite beach on Labadee

mafig

5 minutes ago, mafig said:

What is the name of the suite beach on Labadee?

Any tips we should know beforehand?  For instance, have to get there early?  Rocky beach? 

🤔

I think it is barefoot beach others will confirm.  Depends what ship you are on (could be two ships in labadee if not a bigger ship?).   

if you do get there early you can probably grab some nice loungers right under some shady trees.   We love that beach, it’s very relaxing.  Even if you’re later there’s probably plenty of spots.   Not sure about shade though.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Barefoot Beach.

There is a special tram that will take you there. Concierge will tell you where to meet on Labadee .

LOTS of sets of 2 or 4 loungers and all sets have umbrellas.  

There is an upgraded lunch.

Towels are there, no need to bring one.

You can get a complimentary floating mat.

There is a dedicated bar.

Some shells in the water but no huge rocks.  We wear water shoes. 

You can rent a  beautiful over the water  cabana. 

We're never been there with more than one ship. 

Don't forget to tip the attendants who seat you and serve you.

Have fun

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lots of chairs lounges in sun and shade normally you can jump on a cart and they will give you a ride to beach, there are floats at the beach, lots of waiters , always enjoy barefoot beach. There is a bar close to the lunch area with picnic tables.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Barefoot Beach.

There is a special tram that will take you there. Concierge will tell you where to meet on Labadee .

LOTS of sets of 2 or 4 loungers and all sets have umbrellas.  

There is an upgraded lunch.

Towels are there, no need to bring one.

You can get a complimentary floating mat.

There is a dedicated bar.

Some shells in the water but no huge rocks.  We wear water shoes. 

You can rent a  beautiful over the water  cabana. 

We're never been there with more than one ship. 

Don't forget to tip the attendants who seat you and serve you.

Have fun

A few thoughts to add.  We never bring water shoes.  No issues for us at that beach.  Some big rocks in the water here and there, but obviously watch where you walk.  

You don’t need an attendant.  If you want one you will have good service.  But you can obviously get your own chairs and walk to the bar by your self if you prefer.  I always prefer to get my own drinks.  The attendants are locals and will hustle to help you if you want that service, but you can do stuff yourself if that is uiur preference.  

I wasn’t aware the mats were complimentary.   We’ve not had them on some cruises and seen them laying around.  I assumed the attendants pretty much skirt the rules and give them out to get bigger tips.  Really no idea, but they certainly don’t state anywhere they are included.  Been many times and still have no idea.  With kids, we pre-paid for ours last cruise and several times folks just grabbed ours and we were right next to them.  More than a bit awkward.  

They say it is an upgraded lunch.  I don’t really think that is true anymore.   Ours was barbecue chicken/hot dogs/burgers and all the basics that go with.  Not sure how that could be an upgrade.  But it was good.  Just nothing fancier than what used to be normal at the regular food areas.   

As other said, it is named "Barefoot Beach".  

Unlike some of the other beaches on the island, I did not experience a lot of issues going barefoot.  Watershoes will definitely prevent any accidents and give you peace of mind if you are concerned.

On our cruise there were times to meet the Concierge to catch the shuttle to Barefoot Beach.  It's not a bad walk and if this is your first time to Labadee I would recommend you walk.  Otherwise, you should see a nice building with signs for VIPs.  That is where I saw people catching the shuttle.  I did not take advantage of the shuttle since I was just enjoying a walking around and getting some sunshine and fresh air.  

IMG_7907_photo.thumb.JPG.aa42bc093b133269a89f9fba1abc6947.JPG

12 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

As other said, it is named "Barefoot Beach".  

Unlike some of the other beaches on the island, I did not experience a lot of issues going barefoot.  Watershoes will definitely prevent any accidents and give you peace of mind if you are concerned.

On our cruise there were times to meet the Concierge to catch the shuttle to Barefoot Beach.  It's not a bad walk and if this is your first time to Labadee I would recommend you walk.  Otherwise, you should see a nice building with signs for VIPs.  That is where I saw people catching the shuttle.  I did not take advantage of the shuttle since I was just enjoying a walking around and getting some sunshine and fresh air.  

IMG_7907_photo.thumb.JPG.aa42bc093b133269a89f9fba1abc6947.JPG

Agree.  The walk is not

long and I prefer to walk unless a shuttle is needed (tired kids on the way back for us and no stroller so it was helpful).  

We loved Barefoot but we were cabana people until the prices exploded so now we've moved on to the bungalows at Columbus Cove. It's pretty comparable to Barefoot except you're sharing a buffet with a much larger crowd.  

We were just there last month.  Concierge met us at the lounge and took us down in the elevator. Didn’t need water shoes.  Lunch was nothing special, just less crowded.  I will say, we were one of the first group there and were able to snag chairs close to the beach, but it filled up fast. The floats are free, but whoever gets there early takes most of them. There weren’t a lot. We brought blow up noodles and stayed in the water most of the day.