Celebrity newbie Equinox

PatandStu

We’ve booked the Equinox to the ABC islands in September. We are Celebrity newbies but we have several cruises under our belts. Me more than DH because I’ve travelled a few times with my parents. 
We’ve sailed Disney, RCI, Carnival and NCL. 
What should we know about Celebrity & Equinox in particular? 
I usually research our vacations to the nth degree and had another line in mind, but our ta found us a sweet deal on Equinox. So, I’m ready to absorb others experiences & advice.
Thanks, Pat 

Edited by PatandStu

• PatandStu changed the title to Celebrity newbie Equinox

If you have any loyalty status on RCI be sure to call Captain's Club ahead of time and they will give you comprable status on Celebrity.  One big difference between the other cruise lines is Celebrity is more about relaxing and elegance.  You won't find rock climbing walls, flow riders, or any of that kind of stuff.  There are pools and lots of things to do, but it's more adulty.

S-Class ships are a great size and very easy to get around.  Be sure to try all of the goodies at Cafe Bacio and the pizza and waffles (maybe not a the same time) in the Ocean View Cafe.  We love the made to order omelette stations as well.

Check the app, usually ahead of time, for dinner menus and activities so you can plan specialty restaurant nights if you want to go.  We like to plan those for nights when the MDR menu isn't our favorite.

You will love the ship and the itinerary.

We go on RCI, Princess, and Celebrity depending on the type of vacation we want and itinerary.  We like them all for different reasons.  Diversity is a good thing.

• Like 6

Are you sailing with the basic  or Always included package 

Always included covers your basic drinks up to $10, daily Gratuities, and basic wifi 

Be sure to read you roll call,  there could be a wealth of information there 

Most question have answers on Celebrity website by doing a search 

probably the biggest key to happiness is not to compare it to other cruise lines 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 1

Ottawa, Eh--- Home of ----I forgot the name of the restaurant , but I heard they are famous for their eggrolls ??

We were on the Equinox for the 3rd time in February, and have been on all the other S Class ships.

Never once had poor service or " anything " to complain about.

Regarding cabin--- We always try to get one in the center of the ship with the large balcony's.

Regarding table in MDR ( Main Dining Room )-- If you prefer a table for 2, no problem---they will accommodate you.

Regarding CD ( Cruise Director )--- They are all pretty good---- Don't forget to cheer like hell when he/she shouts ---- "Any Canadians on board "--- and don't forget to " Put your hands together for XXX celebrating their 2000 day sailing on Celebrity " , etc, etc --- You know the routine.

Lastly--- no more research --- no more thinking about this or that---- you got a good deal--- just go and enjoy.

( Too bad about your Ottawa Senators not making the playoffs, again )

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Ottawa, Eh--- Home of ----I forgot the name of the restaurant , but I heard they are famous for their eggrolls ??

We were on the Equinox for the 3rd time in February, and have been on all the other S Class ships.

Regarding cabin--- We always try to get one in the center of the ship with the large balcony's.

Regarding table in MDR ( Main Dining Room )-- If you prefer a table for 2, no problem---they will accommodate you.

Regarding CD ( Cruise Director )--- They are all pretty good---- Don't forget to cheer like hell when he/she shouts ---- "Any Canadians on board "--- and don't forget to " Put your hands together for XXX celebrating their 2000 day sailing on Celebrity " , etc, etc --- You know the routine.

Lastly--- no more research --- no more thinking about this or that---- you got a good deal--- just go and enjoy.

Will anybody beat the Bruins this year?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Agree to get pastries and goodies at Bacio.  They are free without a beverage package.

Nothing else but enjoy.

Is there free basic coffee with those pastries, or do have to purchase a specialty beverage ?

37 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Will anybody beat the Bruins this year?

(Off Topic)— BUT, they are good— like , really good—

If you see Brad Marchand tell him I’ll take him on my team anytime.

• Like 2

I believe that there is free coffee from about 8 AM on deck 7 behind the mid ship elevators as well of course 24 hrs at the buffet, Ocean View Cafe. There is also  free coffee at Spa Cafe from about 7:30 AM to around 2 PM. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PatandStu said:

We’ve booked the Equinox to the ABC islands in September. We are Celebrity newbies but we have several cruises under our belts. Me more than DH because I’ve travelled a few times with my parents. 
I usually research our vacations to the nth degree and had another line in mind, but our ta found us a sweet deal on Equinox. So, I’m ready to absorb others experiences & advice.
Thanks, Pat 

Couple of my favorite spots:

1) The Lawn club.  Go put your feet in real grass while at sea!

2) The treats at Cafe Al Bacio - they have wonderful small desert treats to get with your afternoon coffees

3) Best Restaurant on the ship is Murano - definitely worth one non-chic night dinner.  

4) Best drinks - World Class bar

5) Best atmosphere - Martini Bar

6) Best view - Sky View Lounge (front of ship looking out)

Make sure to get the app - everything on that now.  All activities, menus, etc.

What class room do you have?  Normal, Aqua Class, Suite?  That changes your main dinning options.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PatandStu said:

Thanks, Pat 

Our first Celebrity as well and on the September 16th sailing to the ABC's.

8 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Golden Palace! Their big 1/2 price egg rolls sale is next week! Lineups start at 8am & go around the block! 

36 minutes ago, PatandStu said:

Thanks for all the tips, taking notes! I think we’re in a prime room? As far as drinks package, I don’t know. TA is sending conf email tomorrow-will all those details be listed? 

You can view the room’s location on Celebrity site. Search the ship’s deck plan( Ship- Deck Plan -Deck Number-Cabin #).

You can also book without the Drink Package, WiFi , and Gratuities included.

The Gratuities can be added on separately during the booking process or added to your Account daily during the cruise.

LOL— about those egg rolls— people stand around the block to get them??

Really ?

There is an Always included package , which includes classic drink package , basic Wi-Fi and gratuities
Also there are prime inside, prime oceanview, prime balcony , prime concierge, and prime AQU cabins 

with AQU you get the Always included package included in the price 

Also check if you have a refundable deposit 

We are in a prime balcony forward deck 9. My ta assures me we have gratuities, drink package & wifi included but I don’t see it on my reservation-I’ve asked her to screenshot it for me. I’ve been “burned” by promises before although this is a reputable agent in a reputable agency. 

• Thanks 1

We did that same cruise last September.  Just mentally prepare for rain.  It’s the beginning of hurricane season and it can be great or not so great.  We didn’t have any terrible weather but did have several overcast days and got drenched several days coming back to the ship.  Then sadly didn’t get to get in the water in Curaçao at all which was our last stop.  

I highly recommend Gone Caribe for a private tour in Curaçao.  Super couple.  They will design the trip to your interests and it’s very reasonable compared to ship excursion pricing.  They were able to pivot due to the weather and it was fabulous.  Other excursions did get interrupted by weather as well so you might consider not planning all beach or all snorkeling excursions.  

But overall it was a fabulous cruise and we love the Equinox.  We are back on her in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PatandStu said:

We are in a prime balcony forward deck 9. My ta assures me we have gratuities, drink package & wifi included but I don’t see it on my reservation-I’ve asked her to screenshot it for me. I’ve been “burned” by promises before although this is a reputable agent in a reputable agency. 

I would change to mid ship on the hump , by the centre elevators 

center location , like 9225

here are cabins available Sept 16 cruise , you can move to any cabin within the same category 

IMG_2828.thumb.jpeg.7773fb3a7a45e0cdfa56ed7227cf09bf.jpegIMG_2829.thumb.jpeg.b18841d914f545286af1797c41034723.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I would change to mid ship on the hump , by the centre elevators 

center location , like 9225

here are cabins available Sept 16 cruise , you can move to any cabin within the same category 

IMG_2828.thumb.jpeg.7773fb3a7a45e0cdfa56ed7227cf09bf.jpegIMG_2829.thumb.jpeg.b18841d914f545286af1797c41034723.jpeg

Why move? From the photos, it looks like balconies closer to midship look down in the lifeboats. 

40 minutes ago, PatandStu said:

Why move? From the photos, it looks like balconies closer to midship look down in the lifeboats. 

Actually the move is to the angled balconies. Those are about 1 1/2 times the size of a normal balcony. Any of them on any deck is well worth it. There are about 24 per deck. Middle facing back are the best. But any of them are better than any other normal veranda. 

• Like 1