Shareholder credit missing when we changed room category. What now?

Mary Ann 2

Today our TA changed our room to a higher category as requested.  She said since we would keep the same booking number nothing should change.  But we are now missing the Shareholder credit that was applied to this cruise months ago.  And since that credit was applied to an excursion, the excursion is now short $100 and I don't know if it will be cancelled tonight.  I talked to someone at Princess (but foreign contracted help) on the phone and don't think she even knew what a Shareholder credit was.  Later in the day, I texted someone for almost an hour and at the end of the hour he confirmed what I had told him at the very beginning!? So both were a total waste of time.

Has anyone applied again for the Shareholder Credit a second time when it was lost but the booking # is the same? I'm not sure what they will think of that.

Any other ideas of what to do? Any chance it will just randomly show back up? Or is it gone for good?

Edited by Mary Ann 2

I had this happen to me once. Call your TA. They can see everything related to your booking.

It is their responsibility to make sure the I's are dotted and the t's crossed. After you have your travel summary corrected, ALWAYS make a copy of it as well as your flight info and your payment/credits pages.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

Any other ideas of what to do? Any chance it will just randomly show back up? Or is it gone for good?

No, it's not going to come back my magic.  You can see if TA can get a rep to restore it,  Otherwise, you re-email the SH benefit department and explain you were previously credited and it dropped off due to the cabin change and would like it re-applied.  I have re-sent the doc in an email like this and not re-send it.  Give them same info - booking number, name, etc, etc.

When you have one, try and remember to mention to the TA doing the booking change and if they do it with a Princess rep, the SH OBC can be restored (I have had it done that way).  Sometimes we forget to mention in the moment with other things in the mix.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, caribill said:

Even if your booking is with a TA, you can call Princess and a competent rep can look at the history of your booking, see you once had approved SH OBC, and then restore it to the booking.

It's very hard these days to find a competent rep.  I asked on the hour chat yesterday for him to look at the history with no success. It's almost impossible to get to a second level person 😞

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and ideas. I may just email for the Shareholder Credit again as I can barely stand the thought of attempting to endure another session with the new contracted help that answers the phones now. Or I might try my TA.

1 hour ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and ideas. I may just email for the Shareholder Credit again as I can barely stand the thought of attempting to endure another session with the new contracted help that answers the phones now. Or I might try my TA.

This has happened to me anytime I have refared my cruise; so what happened to you is not uncommon. Just resend your Shareholder Credit in again, that is what I do and they have always reapplied my Shareholder OBC. While reapplying may be a PITA, it is a lot easier, quicker and less frustrating then trying to talk to someone that doesn't understand what you are talking about. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EDDY0827 said:

START with your TA, that's their job!

I decided to do that this morning.  I called my TA at 8:05am and by 8:30am, the Shareholder Credit was back on! And my excursion is now showing as paid completely (the SC was applied to it like before). So glad to be done with that.

One more question:  In the process of changing rooms, my Premier package had to be upgraded to the new package.  So now I can get the medallion for free, but I had already paid for it. Should I cancel the medallion order to get a refund of the $10 and hope that the app will work and give it to me for free when I try to order again? Just forget the $10 and leave it? Or ask onboard for a refund? What would you do?

44 minutes ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

One more question:  In the process of changing rooms, my Premier package had to be upgraded to the new package.  So now I can get the medallion for free, but I had already paid for it. Should I cancel the medallion order to get a refund of the $10 and hope that the app will work and give it to me for free when I try to order again? Just forget the $10 and leave it? Or ask onboard for a refund? What would you do?

If you want your $10 back, the only option is to cancel the order and make it again.

But based on posts in another thread, it is likely even with the package it may say it is still charging you $10 for it, but these posts say at the end the charge card you enter is never charged.

• Like 1