Caveat Emptor Spa marina

jimmcs16

Booked a 100 minute massage. Showed up and first question is do I have a voucher?  I had mine and my wife’s. I have done this in the past many times. She said can not use both. I said I have done this in the past. No, you can’t. I replied I will not get a massage then. She went to talk to supervisor. Came back, no can’t use both. So I walked out. Supervisor said I will be charged 50% of massage for cancellation. Very disappointed. Walked out

5 hours ago, jimmcs16 said:

Booked a 100 minute massage. Showed up and first question is do I have a voucher?  I had mine and my wife’s. I have done this in the past many times. She said can not use both. I said I have done this in the past. No, you can’t. I replied I will not get a massage then. She went to talk to supervisor. Came back, no can’t use both. So I walked out. Supervisor said I will be charged 50% of massage for cancellation. Very disappointed. Walked out

Was  this  before  the new spa  came into being?

With Canyon Ranch they let me use the balance of  DH voucher  but seems the  rules are different with  Steiner

I had no problem using my and my DW’s voucher for two massages.  Of course the Voucher’s did not cover the total bills but it was accepted on Marina in January/February 2023. Heading to Rome in a month for a Vista cruise and will reconfirm what the rules are on her.  
Mauibabes

32 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

I had no problem using my and my DW’s voucher for two massages....

10 hours ago, jimmcs16 said:

Booked a 100 minute massage. Showed up and first question is do I have a voucher?  I had mine and my wife’s. I have done this in the past many times. She said can not use both....

I read the OP to mean he is trying to use two vouchers for one (his own) massage. One would assume two people could each use their own voucher, but not 2 vouchers for one massage.

There is "Right" and there is "What the Rules MAY Say".  We are not talking about a massage on a Carnival Cruise Here (Used Brand To Make A Point, not be disrespectful).  Let's say the Author had done this before with NO issue which is what was indicated.  When he found out, it could not be used, he wanted his wife to have the massage.  I would have done the same thing. 

When the supervisor came out and heard his issue, they should have simply cancelled the second massage.  That is what classy organizations do. By not doing so, it showed a lack of care and understanding for a client on a Premium-Plus/Luxury Brand.  

When folks complain, the first thing I do is see how long they have been on CruiseCritic.com.  Then I look at the post they have done.  This author has been a member of CruiseCritic.com since 2016.  They have very few post which simply means, they read the post and rarely want to engage.  Except when they are treated poorly.  To the Author, you did not deserve to be treated that way.  Good customer service is a lost art.  I hope it did not effect the rest of your cruise however it would have mine.

Again, the spa should have simply cancelled with no 50%. That was wrong.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

Maybe using 1 voucher  for 1 massage would have worked  then another day use the 2nd voucher for another massage  probably would have worked  fine

Using both vouchers for 1 treatment   was probably the issue

Was not there  so just  guessing🤔

• Like 1

The spa voucher is about $100 less per person for those that get them than they originally were and the prices have increased at least 30-40%. Along with that you can't seem to combine them, although my wife can use hers for one procedure and then mine for another. The prices have increased to where they really don't fully cover any massage procedures. You can get salon procedures, but the tip is going to come out of your onboard account. . As previously mentioned you can't use them for the tip, They add a line for additional tip, but 20% is already automatically added to the price, so if you're not careful you're adding more tip on top of the tip.  Not as good a deal as it used to be for those that used it as a loyalty perk. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@halfapair

As was said, 15 cruises but really 15 cruise credits so get good use out of the Oceania Club and some great amenities.  Hitting 10 credits is good, 15 is Better and 20 for that Free two week cruise. And the beat goes on.  Probably one of the best Loyalty Clubs in the industry. 

And for those who commented about Skin in the Game, all these amenities come with the game. Pay attention to the number of days in your cruises and B2B’s and Grand. Oyages, they rack up credits quickly. 
Just Enjoying Oceania. 
Mauibabes. 

• Like 5

@halfapair

Forthwith, sounds like Blue Bloods cop talk 😇 Magic numbers, 25, 35, 45 day etc. cruises add Cruise Credits FAST. Bookem Dano. OK, I am sitting in Maui airport and had to share a

Hawaii 5-O euphemism.  
Racking up O cruise credits can be a challenge but it sure is enjoyable 😇🙏🤙

Mauibabes

• Haha 1