Rotterdam - 5th or 6th deck?

Curlingwhiz

Hello all,

We have booked a voyage on the Rotterdam for 2024 - this is our first trip on this vessel and we have a cabin question.  Currently we are booked in a cabin on the 5th deck.  As our voyage is quite a while away there are still lots of cabins available.  I am wondering if the 5th deck gets a reflection from the lifeboats below?  We once had a cabin that we found had quite an "orange" colour on the outside balcony on sunny days.  Is this an issue on the Rotterdam......should we maybe move to deck 6?  We had originally picked cabin 5145 due to the extended balcony but I am now reconsidering.   Any advice is welcome!

1 hour ago, Curlingwhiz said:

Hello all,

We have booked a voyage on the Rotterdam for 2024 - this is our first trip on this vessel and we have a cabin question.  Currently we are booked in a cabin on the 5th deck.  As our voyage is quite a while away there are still lots of cabins available.  I am wondering if the 5th deck gets a reflection from the lifeboats below?  We once had a cabin that we found had quite an "orange" colour on the outside balcony on sunny days.  Is this an issue on the Rotterdam......should we maybe move to deck 6?  We had originally picked cabin 5145 due to the extended balcony but I am now reconsidering.   Any advice is welcome!

Just sailed Rotterdam on March 29. Stateroom 5169, no issues with reflection or glare. Enjoy your voyage! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Leo-the-fox said:

Are you sure you booked on MS Rotterdam? The deck plan showed there is no stateroom on deck 5.

You may be looking at the Rotterdam VI deck plan that they sold, Rotterdam VII has cabins on deck 5.

Edited by doone
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Just spent a month on the Rotterdam... Deck 4 aft has lovely big balconies! 😊

We were on deck 6 and there were at least 2 decks of cabins above and 2 decks of cabins below us. We were on Rotterdam in March of this year. Would love to try a 30 day sailing or something close to it.  DW would not🙁

Edited by shipshape sam

12 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Would love to try a 30 day sailing or something close to it.  DW would not🙁

Actually I wouldn't recommend it. We did a B2B2B and it became far too repetitive, especially where the entertainment was concerned. JMHO but we likely won't do a B2B again on HAL. 

There are pictures of cabin #5145 on cruisedeckplans.com but to view them you must be a member.  I did look at them and with that large and deep balcony, I can't see why the lifeboats would be a problem regarding a reflection at all!  You can't see the boats while looking straight out either, only when standing at the railing looking down.  It is a connecting room if that bothers you.  I have had connecting rooms on Nieuw Amsterdam and never had any noise problems, but some people have reported hearing noise from neighbors.  That big balcony sure is nice though!!

~Nancy

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Curlingwhiz said:

should we maybe move to deck 6?  We had originally picked cabin 5145 due to the extended balcony but I am now reconsidering.

Like Nancy, I looked at photos of 5145 on CDP.com and all I can say is PINCH yourselves! Stay with this cabin (and balcony). You won't regret it.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, canadarocks said:

Actually I wouldn't recommend it. We did a B2B2B and it became far too repetitive, especially where the entertainment was concerned. JMHO but we likely won't do a B2B again on HAL. 

I’ve done several 30, 35, 37 day cruises and they are all wonderful assuming you have a good itinerary.  these were not Caribbean or Alaska but Europe, south Pacific, etc.  There is no repetition on those itineraries.  

Many of them are “collectors” cruises or B2B’s.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 2:43 PM, Curlingwhiz said:

Hello all,

this is what you call a First World problem.

• 9 months later...