Check World Club Status?

don731

22 minutes ago, don731 said:

Is there any way to check your World Club status level on the Cunard site without having a current booking?  Thx!

There's no way I know of to check your Cunard World Club status without having a booking. There used to be a Cunard World Club login where you could check both your status and past voyage history but that functionality is long gone.

There are email addresses provided for Cunard World Club queries for the UK, Australia/New Zealand and Germany/EMEA. Oddly there is no Cunard World Club email address provided for North America. The only Cunard World Club contact information I've been able to find for North America listed on the Cunard website is the regular Cunard customer service phone number.

• Like 1

It used to be in 'before you sail' -> 'personal info' but not today. 

Likely another website 'improvement'

Did you get an email from Cunard with the subject "Your Cunard Voyage Starts Here"? 

Mine has the booking reference, and WC status.

59 minutes ago, don731 said:

Where on the website does your status level show when you have a booking?  We just booked on QE, and it's in the confirmation paperwork, but I don't see it on the website. 

I have never found the Cunard World Club status level listed anywhere within the US version of My Cunard. A while ago I recall a discussion about there being a Cunard World Club section within the UK version of My Cunard showing their status levels. The reply from @TheOldBear indicates it may have have been in the US version at some point but is no longer there.

And as @TheOldBear has mentioned, the status level is listed in the top right corner of various email correspondence from Cunard related to the booking. It is also listed on the boarding pass after completing online check-in at 21 days prior to the voyage.

Edited by bluemarble

Interestingly(?) I was logging in the other day and it was struggling (not new) and just showing a pretty blank page with just the top line of the page. Bizarrely top right showed something like “Status Gold”. So I guess the data is there they just chose not to show it normally. Never seen that before or since.

I have found the Cunard World team the quickest to respond of anywhere in Carnival house.

14 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I have never found the Cunard World Club status level listed anywhere within the US version of My Cunard. A while ago I recall a discussion about there being a Cunard World Club section within the UK version of My Cunard showing their status levels. The reply from @TheOldBear indicates it may have have been in the US version at some point but is no longer there.

And as @TheOldBear has mentioned, the status level is listed in the top right corner of various email correspondence from Cunard related to the booking. It is also listed on the boarding pass after completing online check-in at 21 days prior to the voyage.

When we last discussed this topic (last year sometime...I didn't check exactly when), we had a Cunard booking. At that time, the CWC status showed up on the summary booking page of the US version when I used Firefox. It did not show up with any other browsers that I tried (Chrome, Edge, and Safari). We do not have a current Cunard booking, so I cannot verify if this is still true.

1 hour ago, ExArkie said:

When we last discussed this topic (last year sometime...I didn't check exactly when), we had a Cunard booking. At that time, the CWC status showed up on the summary booking page of the US version when I used Firefox. It did not show up with any other browsers that I tried (Chrome, Edge, and Safari). We do not have a current Cunard booking, so I cannot verify if this is still true.

Oh, yes, it's coming back to me now! Thanks for that reminder. Here's your post from last September on page 2 of the "How to verify our CWC level (in the US)" thread along with my follow-up.

The upshot of that discussion is that the Cunard World Club status is actually embedded within the HTML code found within My Cunard, but the CSS code is apparently causing that information to be hidden.

I took another look at the code within My Cunard for my current booking. It's a bit different from what we discussed earlier, but the end result is the same. Here is what I'm seeing today.

<div class="passenger-option-section">

<h3 class="form-title">Cunard World Club</h3>

<div class="passenger-option-content">

<div class="loyaltyTierSlot">

<span class="loyaltyTierSlot__txt">Your loyalty tier :</span>

<span class="emp loyaltyTierSlot__type">Diamond tier</span>

</div>

<div class="option-row">

<p class="option-text">For more details about our loyalty program please <a href="https://www.cunard.com/en-us/cunard-world-club" class="cta-link" data-linktext="click here." data-componentname="userDetails">click here.</a>

</p>

</div>

</div>

</div>

When I look at the code for "loyaltyTierSlot", it is applying "display: none !important" which effectively hides the loyalty tier information.

And when I look further, the code for "passenger-option-section" appears to be hiding the entire section for "Cunard World Club" which explains why I can't see any of that section for my booking in My Cunard.

I have no clue why they have chosen to populate the web page code with the Cunard World Club information but then hide it from us. All rather peculiar I must say.

30 minutes ago, don731 said:

So maybe Cunard is reading this thread!  When we log into MyCunard today, our correct loyalty tier (Platinum) is displayed on the my details home page.  Cheers!

Sorry, no joy here I'm afraid.

When you say you are seeing your loyalty tier on your details home page, where exactly are you seeing it? I've been expecting to see it on the "Before you sail", "Personal Details" page after the "Emergency contact details" section and before the "Marketing options" section. Is that where you are seeing it? Nothing at all appears for me in that area.

About 10 years ago, I asked the World Club/Future booking rep if she could check my Cunard history. The printout she gave me was a mess. Some voyages were missing, and some were there twice. The funny thing is the total number of days was very close to what I thought I had. So it wasn't worth looking for old receipts and making corrections. 

While my HAL history is not as extensive as my Cunard history, it goes back a few years more and it is correct. 

14 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

About 10 years ago, I asked the World Club/Future booking rep if she could check my Cunard history. The printout she gave me was a mess. Some voyages were missing, and some were there twice. The funny thing is the total number of days was very close to what I thought I had. So it wasn't worth looking for old receipts and making corrections. 

While my HAL history is not as extensive as my Cunard history, it goes back a few years more and it is correct. 

A shame we lost such history I think with that upgrade once.

Was a valuable source of information. 

I now keep A spreadsheet of my activity. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

A shame we lost such history I think with that upgrade once.

Was a valuable source of information. 

I now keep A spreadsheet of my activity. 

I have a spreadsheet too! My goal is to have a year's worth of days on Cunard.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, techteach said:

Thanks for the spreadsheet suggestion. I will get one set-up today. I’m thinking: Date, Ship, Nights, Cruise #, Cabin. Anything I’m missing?

Booking reference number perhaps, if you have them?

I have a spreadsheet with just the ship and the start and end dates as input where I calculate the nights from the dates and total the number of cruises and nights. I may go back now and add cruise number, cabin and booking reference number if I can find all that information. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

I don't include cruise #. I have a column for Destination, like Caribbean, Canada, Transatlantic, etc. I also have a comment for notes, like if we sailed with friends or family or if something unusual happened--Hurricane Eduardo, rescuing a sinking sailboat, Titanic fans on board, etc.

• Like 1

I recently added a column where I make note of number of voyages for that line and total days on sailed as of the end of that cruise. I do this only for Cunard and HAL because they're the only ones where I've racked up a significant number of days. 345 days on Cunard!

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 6:30 AM, Wonky said:

I have found the Cunard World team the quickest to respond of anywhere in Carnival house.

Perhaps but Cunard tech is by far the most primitive of any cruise line . The site is incredibly limited with very few functions such as Air booking . Their doesn't seem to be any app which is inexplicable . Things don't seem to get better once on board . You can't even see your folio I'm told ? OMG !

I mentioned some of this to a Cunard rep . She responded, "That's why we have great libraries".😱

46 minutes ago, richstowe said:

Perhaps but Cunard tech is by far the most primitive of any cruise line . The site is incredibly limited with very few functions such as Air booking . Their doesn't seem to be any app which is inexplicable . Things don't seem to get better once on board . You can't even see your folio I'm told ? OMG !

I mentioned some of this to a Cunard rep . She responded, "That's why we have great libraries".😱

We had no problems or trouble with visiting Our Folio on our last sailing this past fall. Matched paper bill vs folio.....

9 minutes ago, BklynBoy8 said:

We had no problems or trouble with visiting Our Folio on our last sailing this past fall. Matched paper bill vs folio.....

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

You can access your account once you are onboard via My Voyage. 

Glad to hear what I read was wrong . High tech !