Bottled water in checked luggage

horseymike

9 minutes ago, horseymike said:

Has anyone brought bottled water onboard via checked luggage on celebrity summit lately ?

It is supposed to be carried on board, but full cases certainly could be checked at the curb.

There was discussion about banning plastic bottles.  Do not know the status.

A question please, there are water bottle filling stations on board.  The water at those stations is distilled water that is UV treated.  It taste different to me than either the regular water with slightly different or the bottled water in cans.

Why would you bother hauling water in plastic bottles on board?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

It is supposed to be carried on board, but full cases certainly could be checked at the curb.

There was discussion about banning plastic bottles.  Do not know the status.

A question please, there are water bottle filling stations on board.  The water at those stations is distilled water that is UV treated.  It taste different to me than either the regular water with slightly different or the bottled water in cans.

Why would you bother hauling water in plastic bottles on board?

Hi Wildcat,

I know it sounds crazy, but when I drink the water onboard exclusively, my ankles swell up.

If I stick with the bottle water for the most part , they don’t swell.

Thanks for your response. Happy Cruising 🚢

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Many people report their ankles swelling, but in truth, it isn’t from the water. It’s from the food. The water is desalinated. But many people don’t use a lot of salt on there food at home and react badly to the salted food served in the dining room and buffet.

And if you think about it, you can’t really avoid the water on the ship because it is used to make the ice cubes, the soup, the juice drink, the lemonade, the iced tea, the coffee, etc.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Where was this? When? Can find nithing in the regulations preventing bringing plastic bottles (water, soft drinks etc) on board 

Until this week there is nothing preventing bringing water and sodas on board in reasonable quantities.

I have had to pick up my luggage and wife's diet Tonic in cans at the naughty room.

I also was told I could not bring a 6pk of water in plastic bottles on board last year in Iceland.   I wanted them as souvenirs 

Most cruiselines prohibit bringing plastic bottles on board. 

Is there anything in the new cruise contract?

1 hour ago, LMHSRN said:

You are not allowed to bring on anything in plastic bottles.

Been tried and tested.  No go!

It all depends on the port, and even the security staff that day. I’ve brought on a few plastic bottles of water and Diet Coke (left over from our precruise stay) in multiple ports, even those with signs saying they are prohibited, on multiple cruises over the past couple of years. I agree some ports strictly prohibit it but not all.