Port Everglades Flooding

JennyD1

Anyone cruising out of Port Everglades this Saturday?  I know there has been tremendous flooding in that area.  Wondering if we will be able to drive there and be able to park at the port.  Anyone hear anything?

If you google port everglades  weather you may find an article  on another cruise trvl  website about the airport roads, parking and possible port impacts,.  It lists ships  due in/out on Sat and Sun...Fri had only 1 ship listed for some reason.

Hopefully conditions will improve

Spoke this afternoon with a friend who lives in the heart of Ft. Lauderdale. She said the airport was scheduled to reopen today (Thursday) but that many roads are still covered with water and some areas of Ft. Lauderdale look like a "disaster zone." Hopefully by tomorrow and Saturday, things will be better.

The airport was scheduled to open at 5 am tomorrow morning but about an hour ago they announced it would be a 9 am reopening. No ships were scheduled to be in port today but RCCL’s Liberty of the Seas is scheduled for tomorrow. The Park N Go was not open, as of today. 

13 hours ago, tntornadox said:

Anyone have an idea how Park n Go fared? On a cruise right now and would like an idea of what I am returning to on Sunday!

I guess (and it's really just a guess) that would depend on how elevated your car was parked. A higher parkade and you're golden. Street level you might be fine. Underground parking garage... call your insurance already.

10 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

Wow! 20" in 7 hours! The basements must be flooded. The roads will take days to clear. The town will take weeks to recover. Glad that I didn't book that Panama cruise to FLL. 

homes with basements in south Florida are a rarity.  The storm was extremely localized so recovery will be faster than after a serious hurricane.  Hopefully all emergency recovery services will be devoted to those neighborhoods so severely impacted.  In other areas you won’t even know what happened.