April 14, 2024 Seabourn Pursuit, 17-Day Polynesia To Melanesia: Island Cultures & Coral Gardens

kirtihk

10 hours ago, 2SailingNomads said:

Nice itinerary. Might have to look into it.  But would prefer to sail into Sydney as opposed to a flight.  Need to check the next and previous segments.

The previous is from San Antonio, Chili to Tahiti; the next is to Guam. There is no cruise sailing to Sydney, only flights included in the itinerary and built in a price.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2023 at 9:42 AM, kirtihk said:

Seabourn has the 35% book-on-board expedition cruise discount.

You don't even have to book on board.  They have sent out letters/cards etc.  I

3 hours ago, SLSD said:

You don't even have to book on board.  They have sent out letters/cards etc.  I

Are you saying this promotion is for anyone?  When I called Seabourn 2 weeks ago about something else, and brought this topic, too, they told me that this promotion is still for book-on-board only.  Otherwise, everyone (who is planning a Seabourn cruise) would do it - it's obvious to book with this gigantic (35%) saving (in my case it's $10,000 for a cabin; and, yet, might be even doubled-quadrupled saving based on a cabin category and itinerary)!

Edited by kirtihk

3 hours ago, kirtihk said:

Are you saying this promotion is for anyone?  When I called Seabourn 2 weeks ago about something else, and brought this topic, too, they told me that this promotion is still for book-on-board only.  Otherwise, everyone (who is planning a Seabourn cruise) would do it - it's obvious to book with this gigantic (35%) saving (in my case it's $10,000 for a cabin; and, yet, might be even doubled-quadrupled saving based on a cabin category and itinerary)!

We have been frequent SB cruisers--but have not cruised since the pandemic.  We received a large postcard in the mail offering the $35% discount.  I posted a photo of the postcard we receive in the  "President's Cruise" thread.  I don't know who they sent the cards to.  One of us having a milestone birthday was mentioned in the text on our card.  I had a milestone birthday last year. 

Edited by SLSD

13 minutes ago, SLSD said:

We have been frequent SB cruisers--but have not cruised since the pandemic.  We received a large postcard in the mail offering the $35% discount.  I posted a photo of the postcard we receive in the  "President's Cruise" thread.  I don't know who they sent the cards to.  One of us having a milestone birthday was mentioned in the text on our card.  I had a milestone birthday last year. 

Oh, that’s nice to getting this kind of personal promotions from cruise lines for dedicated cruisers!  That’s the way it actually should be to make more sense to stay loyal.  Also, I think it makes sense to always sell a cruise with a higher discount at the beginning of when a cruise goes to booking (like Ponant does it - they always start with 30% discount, and upon cabins are sold out, they gradually reduce the discount to 25%, then 20% until no discount).  That makes earlier booking so much more attractive which is an opposite what the majority of cruise lines do - sell at deep discount left over cabins a few weeks prior to selling when people who already paid final payment before that time stuck with paying more (sometime a lot more) just for giving deposits to cruise lines 2-3 years ahead of cruise (with luxury cruise lines it’s 15-25% of a cruise fare that expensive to begin with).  We booked Ponant twice (both times 2.5 years before cruise, and we enjoyed 30% discount!).

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2023 at 10:42 AM, kirtihk said:

Seabourn has the 35% book-on-board expedition cruise discount.

We took advantage of that on the Ovation last month and booked Pursuit Chilean Fjords and Antarctica for Sept. 2024.

2 hours ago, kbnovak said:

We took advantage of that on the Ovation last month and booked Pursuit Chilean Fjords and Antarctica for Sept. 2024.

Very nice!  The best place on the Pursuit (a Venture's replica) will be the hot tub on deck 9 - a gorgeous overview especially when you stand on top of it near the edge; in Antarctica it would be my spot to warm up a few times a day!

1 hour ago, kirtihk said:

Very nice!  The best place on the Pursuit (a Venture's replica) will be the hot tub on deck 9 - a gorgeous overview especially when you stand on top of it near the edge; in Antarctica it would be my spot to warm up a few times a day!

Thanks for the tip!