Just off the Equinox - Any questions on Royal Suite or the ship in general?

desiro

Who is the CD and who were the concierges in the Retreat? I believe Laura is still on board, but unfortunately, I think she is leaving next week as we board. If that is so, do you know who will replace her?  

The cruise director was Pete this past cruise and I think he is on for a while. The ship has had some updates, very clean! They are constantly cleaning everywhere all the time. The main retreat concierge was Janelle and she is really very nice. Her manager is Jauo - not sure how to spell it. Our Sommelier in Luminae was Vanieeth. 

1 hour ago, desiro said:

Our Sommelier in Luminae was Vanieeth. 

We were on the Southern cruise right before yours, also in a Royal.  Vineeth was the best sommelier we’ve ever had on a Celebrity ship! 
Our entire dining team in Luminae was superb. 

• Like 1

We did a RS shortly after its partial revolution. One of the negatives were the two sun chairs on the balcony which were lie back with foot stool but without any cushioning. Have these been improved?

We did ask the butler to round up some cushions for us, which he did, but as they had no attachment to the chairs it was’t ideal. We would have happily swapped them for the pre revolution rattan….

Edited by chemmo

42 minutes ago, lovetocruisee said:

Can you tell me about the retreat lounge?   I’ve only been in there years ago when it was Michael’s.  I only drink non-alcoholic beer (hoping it’s not O’douls), can you bring beer back to your balcony?

Hi - I didn't notice the non-alcoholic beer brand but I know that they had some - yes - you can bring back up to your cabin. Prior to this I had only been on the Edge and that lounge is really very nice. This was nice, but an inside room and pretty small. the snacks seemed to be the same each night - we didn't really go there during the day. There is a bar to sit at and also tables/couches etc.

41 minutes ago, chemmo said:

We did a RS shortly after its partial revolution. One of the negatives were the two sun chairs on the balcony which were lie back with foot stool but without any cushioning. Have these been improved?

We did ask the butler to round up some cushions for us, which he did, but as they had no attachment to the chairs it was’t ideal. We would have happily swapped them for the pre revolution rattan….

Sounds like we had the same types of sun chairs - two regular seats at a large table and the two loungers with foot stools.

1 minute ago, Frenchkona said:

We will be in RS 1614 in June. How many European plugs and regular plugs are in the suite?

We were in 1116 - and there were not many outlets at all, and I don't think I noticed any European plugs - but I could be wrong. I knew about the lack of plugs ahead of time so we brought a multiple plug thing with both plugs and usb ports. It was the allowable kind - not like a power strip. You can get them on Amazon - just type multi plug for cruising - something like that - have a great time!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lvdisnee said:

We were on the Southern cruise right before yours, also in a Royal.  Vineeth was the best sommelier we’ve ever had on a Celebrity ship! 
Our entire dining team in Luminae was superb. 

Who was your Butler? We had Sini - he seemed a little stressed at times, which made me stressed 😞 but he was nice and pretty good.

44 minutes ago, desiro said:

Who was your Butler? We had Sini - he seemed a little stressed at times, which made me stressed 😞 but he was nice and pretty good.

Izzy - He was very good.  Kept the wine fridge and the other well stocked.  Brought shrimp, cheese & crackers every afternoon.  Was constantly checking to see if we needed anything.  

We asked for loungers instead on the verandah and they showed up immediately.  A little crowded then, but not bad.  But I too miss the rattan loungers 😕

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovetocruisee said:

I only drink non-alcoholic beer (hoping it’s not O’douls), can you bring beer back to your balcony?

Yes you can take it back to your stateroom with you.

You can also ask your butler to stock your mini-fridge in your suite with your non-alcoholic beer of choice as long as it's available onboard.  

10 minutes ago, Lvdisnee said:

Izzy - He was very good.  Kept the wine fridge and the other well stocked.  Brought shrimp, cheese & crackers every afternoon.  Was constantly checking to see if we needed anything.  

We asked for loungers instead on the verandah and they showed up immediately.  A little crowded then, but not bad.  But I too miss the rattan loungers 😕

Yes - we really liked him. He filled in for Sini when he was on breaks etc. Izzy seemed really great!

21 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Yes you can take it back to your stateroom with you.

You can also ask your butler to stock your mini-fridge in your suite with your non-alcoholic beer of choice as long as it's available onboard.  

Thank you all.  It is good to know, that you can have some things put into your stateroom frig.  I have the Retreat alcohol package, but the only thing I will be able to use it for, is non-alcohol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lovetocruisee said:

Can you tell me about the retreat lounge?   I’ve only been in there years ago when it was Michael’s.  I only drink non-alcoholic beer (hoping it’s not O’douls), can you bring beer back to your balcony?

In October they had Heineken 0.  If in Royal Suite or above just ask your butler to stock it in your cooler.

we're new to Celebrity, looking at Equinox for November but only dining option is 8:30pm.  We're being told just talk to the Maître Dee and he can change that for us....is this true, has anyone done this?  
8:30pm dining is a deal breaker for us :(

3 hours ago, bjahil47 said:

In October they had Heineken 0.  If in Royal Suite or above just ask your butler to stock it in your cooler.

That’s good news.   Heineken 00 isn’t bad.  The first time I had a non-alcohol beer on Celebrity, it was “Buckler” which was made by Heineken. That is my favorite.  They stopped producing Buckler and replaced it with Heineken 00

• Like 1