Is Le Petit Chef worth the time/money?

Sigyn

21 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

Are you sure? I have only read about the one. That would be wonderful if there were more than one.

Laura

We've been on a 7-night cruise when there were two different shows/menus.  We did both of them.  We were told by our concierge that on cruises longer than 7-nights that there is a 3rd version.  Unfortunately we haven't tried that one. 

We did Le Petit Chef twice on the Edge and once on the Apex.  On all three of those dinners they had the filet menu and the food was excellent.  From my understanding, they are no longer using the filet menu which is unfortunate. 

I relate it to Wonderland on Royal ships.  A fun gimmicky meal.  We did Wonderland for the first time last month and loved it.  Having said that, I don't need to do it again for a long time.  We tried pretty much every dish and saw all the cool things that come along with the experience.

I'm debating Le Petit Chef for our upcoming cruise on the Equinox in December as well.  Problem is, Celebrity's food is so good in the MDR I don't feel as much of a need for specialty.  If we do it, it will be for reasons of "you only live once".  Maybe a special "Christmas treat"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gone there on 3 different ships. I think 4 different animations/menus.

Very entertaining. Food was good. I paid for the entertainment, so not set a very high expectation for fantastic food. I don't want to compare it with Blue or something. They are different experiences.

I think it's worth if you have never tried.

4 times already. Will not repeat unless I find new animations and menus.

We are currently on Infinity.  I retract my previous comments which were based on my experience from last August.  

Prior to the cruise we received an email from Celebrity which offered a discount if we booked in advance and said the sample meals included lobster and filet mignon both of which we have had at Le Petite Chef.  

when we got on board and saw the guy soliciting reservations, he gave us the menu.  There is only one show for our ten day voyage, rather than different shows.  And the main course is either short ribs or brazino fish.  My wife then visited Le Petit Chef and confirmed that with the host, and cancelled our reservation.  

my previous comments were based on a variety of shows and a premium dinner. It’s not that I don’t like short ribs, but that’s already been on the menu.  In Blu. It was very good, but I don’t have to pay $120 to have it again.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SoCalTraveler said:

We are currently on Infinity.  I retract my previous comments which were based on my experience from last August.  

Prior to the cruise we received an email from Celebrity which offered a discount if we booked in advance and said the sample meals included lobster and filet mignon both of which we have had at Le Petite Chef.  

when we got on board and saw the guy soliciting reservations, he gave us the menu.  There is only one show for our ten day voyage, rather than different shows.  And the main course is either short ribs or brazino fish.  My wife then visited Le Petit Chef and confirmed that with the host, and cancelled our reservation.  

my previous comments were based on a variety of shows and a premium dinner. It’s not that I don’t like short ribs, but that’s already been on the menu.  In Blu. It was very good, but I don’t have to pay $120 to have it again.  

One show and not lobster is a disappointment. But we haven't seen that show so we will do it anyway.

Laura

15 hours ago, SoCalTraveler said:

We have our first reservation with Le Petit Chef on Silhouette in July, very excited to see the show and happy to have the short ribs if that is what is on offer. We are excited for it.

• Like 1

Just returned from the Equinox and we booked Le Petit Chef at the last minute on the last evening even though my husband wasn't keen on it.   We both loved it!
Excellent presentation and the food was just as good as any other specialty restaurant if not better.
With one minor problem.  
I noticed the feta in my tartlet was runny as my husband's was not although it tasted fine I just thought that was unusual, maybe it was just the watermelon or tomato liquid that made it runny but it really shouldn't do that with feta. 
Had a lovely dinner and really enjoyed it. 
However I was quite ill very suddenly 15 minutes after leaving there and thankfully we were already in our cabin.
It reminded me of when this happened once before after dining at a Brazilian restaurant, within a half hour I was quite ill.
It might not have been from Le Petite Chef of course but I was fine after about an hour and felt fine the next morning going home, so I don't suspect Noro. 
Just an FYI maybe stay away from the tartlet if the feta is runny.😉

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 12:58 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

I relate it to Wonderland on Royal ships.  A fun gimmicky meal.  We did Wonderland for the first time last month and loved it.  Having said that, I don't need to do it again for a long time.  We tried pretty much every dish and saw all the cool things that come along with the experience.

I'm debating Le Petit Chef for our upcoming cruise on the Equinox in December as well.  Problem is, Celebrity's food is so good in the MDR I don't feel as much of a need for specialty.  If we do it, it will be for reasons of "you only live once".  Maybe a special "Christmas treat"

I appreciate the comparison. My teenage son and I did Wonderland earlier this month on Harmony of the Seas. It was fun, and we don't regret doing it at all, but yeah, a do-it-once kind of thing, at least for a few years. It was much easier to opt out of eating at Royal Caribbean's regular restaurants, however, than Luminae on Celebrity. Particularly since I had purchased the unlimited dining plan on Royal and we knew we were going to eat at specialty restaurants every night on Royal to avoid the awful MDR food over there!

Edited to say that I realize when I originally posted this, I hadn't upgraded to a sky suite, so I wasn't even planning to eat in Luminae each evening. I was asking if Le Petit Chef was worth the effort compared to the MDR on Celebrity. I have heard very good things in recent months about the main dining room food on Celebrity from friends who have cruised on Solstice. 

Edited by njsmom
  • Like 1