Seattle hotels

blevine1972

I liked the Even.  It is two blocks from the Space Needle.  Not familiar with Pikes Market.  But I walked to the SN and also the Chihuly exhibit.   Hotel is moderately priced and lots of places to eat nearby.   Uber to port was very reasonable from there and only took a few minutes.

Do a Google Maps search of Pike Place Market.  Then, click on the "Hotels" button up top.  You'll get a list of them and location relative to the Market.

I've only stayed at the W and the Vintage.  Both very good hotels, but probably not as close as you want - a couple minutes walking. 

• Like 1

Last May we stayed at the Crown Plaza across from the Airport both pre-cruise and post-cruise.  We stayed there because of all the issues, at the time, going on downtown.  Glad we did after going through downtown on the way to the Port/terminal.  But, the Crown Plaza wasn't what I/we expected, it was kinda run-down and in rough shape in some areas, and it wasn't any more special than a Hampton Inn.  It was a good thing that it was paid for with points, no cash involved.   So, I'm not recommending the Crown Plaza unless you don't have to pay for it.  

18 hours ago, Benbrook said:

Pikes Market 

On 4/16/2023 at 12:05 PM, 3yorkies said:

Pikes Market.

My friends, it's Pike Place Market or The Market. 

It is named after a street and not a person.  We just don't want you good folks to sound like out-of-towners!  ;  )

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 11:51 AM, blevine1972 said:

Flying into Seattle the day before my cruise in August. Looking for recommendations for a dectn hotel in a good area not too far from Pikes Market.

What @Ferry_Watcher and @Prost Seattle said.  It actually makes me cringe when folks talk about The Market and not use the correct words, and I don't live live on the west side of the state.

That said, if you want to be right on top of the market, you can stay at Inn at the Market, and you will be about a minute away.

https://www.innatthemarket.com/

This is a higher end property, so expect a higher end price.  Seattle is an expensive city, be prepared for hotel rooms to be +200/night.  Anything less and you got an exceptional deal or the place is a dump.  Be glad you are not driving to Seattle, every hotel charges for parking, what a rip off.

You'll be right near Beecher's Cheese when you visit The Market.  Drop in and get some of their mac and cheese.  It is to die for.  If you miss it while in Seattle, they have a shop in Concourse C at SeaTac, right across from the Horizon Air gates, which I think are the C2 gates.  When I'm passing through SeaTac, I always get a bowl of mac and cheese.

• Like 2