What time is luggage delivered??? - Celebration

Dave_Nut

Hello friends!  6 days to boarding!  We are boarding at 1230 and it's my understanding our room will be ready at 1:30.  Does anyone know what time our luggage will arrive?  

Trying to plan what to pack in our carry on.   TIA and happy cruising!

In all honesty, it will be there when it gets there.  Sometimes it's there early afternoon, sometimes by dinner, rarely it will arrive after dinner (depending on when you go).  I would pack whatever you think you will need.  Dress code for dinner the first night are very relaxed because some people may not have received their luggage yet.

• Like 4

As Schoifmom said - luggage is delivered whenever.  We have gotten one piece of luggage within minutes, and the other 2 come hours (after sail-away) later - to the point I had to go searching for it!  If you need anything put it in a backpack/carry-on so you have access to it.  This especially goes for medication.

A lot of people will recommend packing at least one outfit in your carry-on in case your luggage goes overboard during loading. It happens. Happened to a couple we met on our last cruise, actually.

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 1

Our recent one, one bag arrived around 2, one around 4.  Had to go to guest services around 7 to find out where my bag may be - it was off to the side with about 11 others - the tag had somehow been ripped off (and it was the first luggage checked in for the ship - got there too early).  But usually 5-6 at latest.  I was beginning to get nervous as half my cpap was in my checked luggage. (Power and mask) - stupid on my part.

Keep any meds you must have with you - I was running through things I didn't have like my eye gel I need at night.  Was also thinking about my contact holder and solution...should have had either that, or at least my glasses with me.  
Swimsuit if you want to be able to change and hit the pool early (esp for kids!). 
Probably at least one extra shirt, shorts and underwear change to be safe.  And of course anything valuable.    
After laying there thinking about my suitcase maybe still being on shore, I think next time I'll look at it like "Okay...if Carnival has to replace my wardrobe etc because they lost my suitcase, what could they not easily replace and would I miss it?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schoifmom said:

In all honesty, it will be there when it gets there.  Sometimes it's there early afternoon, sometimes by dinner, rarely it will arrive after dinner (depending on when you go).  I would pack whatever you think you will need.  Dress code for dinner the first night are very relaxed because some people may not have received their luggage yet.

There's a dress code for dinner on Carnival?

• Like 1

While there will always be outliers and those can be fun to read, the most typical answer is right around sailaway at around 4p. And way more often than not, if you have multiple pieces they will be within maybe 30 minutes of each other as they'll likely be on the same cart. We've never had anything that hadn't arrived at our cabin by dinner at 6p.