Dear Regent Seven Seas Cruises

makai 7

My first Regent voyage on Mariner was the BEST Regent cruise I ever went on.  Nancy, my first girlfriend was the MOST PERFECT woman [girl?] I've ever met.  My first experience with a girl [but not Nancy] I had will always rank in the HIGHEST realms of my memory.   

I try not to compare recent experiences with those of the past . . .

Edited by daetchief
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, makai 7 said:

Wow.  I don’t understand why people feel a need for insults and personal attacks.  Is there really a purpose in this type of negativity and bullying?  Cruiseluv, You know nothing about me and choose to think the worst.  You read the boards and post often, but “can’t be bothered” to look two posts down for my detailed review?

my post was intended to be honest, yet a bit tongue in cheek instead of the usual “I hate Regent” rant by some posters.  I don’t hate Regent, I’m very disappointed in the decline of their product.  I wanted to say it in what I thought was a more humorous approach.  Guess I need to keep my day job.

I have never been called a Prima Donna in my entire life, and I have no servants… or house cleaners, landscapers, or any other hired help that I am sure many of the people on this board employ.  
We do all our maintenance on our home, and often help our neighbors with jobs like the installation of cabinets or closet hardware so they don’t have to have the expense of paying.  Over the years I have worked in food service, dry cleaners, laboratories, and manufacturing environments.  I have never treated anyone the way that is implied by calling me a Prima Donna.

We happen to be very low maintenance customers on Regent, and prefer to remain anonymous.  We do not dine with the officers (only once with the Hotel manager when we had the Grand suite).  We have wonderful interactions with the restaurant staff, who often thank us for our courtesy and patience when restaurants are busy.  We keep our cabin tidy to reduce the work of the stewards, and our butler (when we have one) always complains that we do not ask for enough or use his or her services enough.

so, judge me, insult me, do what you like.  Better yet, block me so you don’t have to suffer reading my posts.

Send me your C.V.

I might have a job for you.

• Haha 2

Makai7, I’m with you on this. Personal attacks and name calling have no place in these forums. I am surprised that those posts haven’t been deleted by the host. Some folks just can’t handle anything but glaring positive comments about Regent. We should always expect great services and great experiences with Regent, after all we are paying a good $ for it. Anyway I hope your issues are resolved to your satisfaction.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pappy1022 said:

Makai7, I’m with you on this. Personal attacks and name calling have no place in these forums. I am surprised that those posts haven’t been deleted by the host. Some folks just can’t handle anything but glaring positive comments about Regent. We should always expect great services and great experiences with Regent, after all we are paying a good $ for it. Anyway I hope your issues are resolved to your satisfaction.

I agree with you. I will add that over the past year or more this board has been interesting, informative and useful without the incessant cheerleading that it had become. We like to hear different comments and decide for ourselves whether something is troublesome or important to us from a variety of opinions.

• Like 3

For those folks who may be put off by the "Dear John" post that started this thread, we've been sailing with Regent (formerly Radisson) for 23 years. We're certainly not in the super-elite status, but do have considerable experience with the product they offer. Our recent Caribbean cruise on Splendor was as close to perfection in every respect as I have any right to expect. I sure felt that they still love me.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2023 at 9:51 PM, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Hi Jennefer

i am deeply disappointed that you never responded to my recent problems on Regent, which I have written about extensively on Cruise Critic these last two months. 
I have been a loyal groupie on Regent since my sailing on Raddison Diamond December 1992. 
Herb and I are seriously considering other luxury cruise lines because of the treatment I have received recently. 
I guess we are not all that important to either Regent or you.
Sheila and Herb

Surprised there weren’t any responses on the ill fated explorer Auckland to Sydney disaster from MS Teegan.  

• Like 2

There are times when shaming a company on social media is the only way to get a response from them but I agree with others, exhaust the other options first. 

I actually found Makai7's 'Dear John' letter quite amusing - I am sure companies start to tune out to the usual ranting from people and this was a novel way to get their point across.

I am also impressed that the staff do keep an eye on these boards - Mike seems to be really helpful with IT issues and Jenn Teegen also seems to be keeping an eye on things. New customers and those returning from a long break from cruising can be spooked by some of the issues raised and a little oil pored on troubled waters early on can help to reassure.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, charltonkerry said:

That was my thoughts exactly.

As a result of the Auckland Bali debacle, I'm trying out SS as the price point on the Norway cruise on the Dawn was too good to pass up.   I am committed to the voyager October cruise though regent changed the itinerary from Venice to Rome saying Voyager needed dry dock in Rome for a few days.  However, it seems to be sailing the next day now, perhaps another management deception.  Either way I convinced 3 other couples to go so plans are already set.

I cancelled our February 24 HKG to Tokyo cruise as I didn't want to get locked in with final payment and air if the Voyager experience is another dud.   Pending the outcome of the SS and voyager experiences I will decide on the remaining 3 Regent cruises and un-booked OBS Future cruise.

After our first Regent cruise, we were gung ho.   After the last one while on board crew was good the management handling of it was very disappointing. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

As a result of the Auckland Bali debacle, I'm trying out SS as the price point on the Norway cruise on the Dawn was too good to pass up.   I am committed to the voyager October cruise though regent changed the itinerary from Venice to Rome saying Voyager needed dry dock in Rome for a few days.  However, it seems to be sailing the next day now, perhaps another management deception.  Either way I convinced 3 other couples to go so plans are already set.

I cancelled our February 24 HKG to Tokyo cruise as I didn't want to get locked in with final payment and air if the Voyager experience is another dud.   Pending the outcome of the SS and voyager experiences I will decide on the remaining 3 Regent cruises and un-booked OBS Future cruise.

After our first Regent cruise, we were gung ho.   After the last one while on board crew was good the management handling of it was very disappointing. 

Like you we were surprise at Jennifer response as anyone from Regent seemed to disappear into the ether when were on the. Grand cruise from Istanbul to Auckland that ended up yo yoing around the Tasman sea for 14 days finally getting off in Auckland, yes Regent was fair and refunded the full cost of the 14 days, however we always wanted to visit New Zealand and living in England it’s not an quick an easy place to get to. Anyway a couple of days ago we decided to have another go at seeing New Zealand and hope not foolishly, we have reserved a suite on a grand cruise from Auckland to Tokyo in early 2026. We are hoping that regent will give us some confirmation that a similar series of let’s call it ‘misfortunes” don’t occur again. But we are not holding our breath.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, charltonkerry said:

Like you we were surprise at Jennifer response as anyone from Regent seemed to disappear into the ether when were on the. Grand cruise from Istanbul to Auckland that ended up yo yoing around the Tasman sea for 14 days finally getting off in Auckland, yes Regent was fair and refunded the full cost of the 14 days, however we always wanted to visit New Zealand and living in England it’s not an quick an easy place to get to. Anyway a couple of days ago we decided to have another go at seeing New Zealand and hope not foolishly, we have reserved a suite on a grand cruise from Auckland to Tokyo in early 2026. We are hoping that regent will give us some confirmation that a similar series of let’s call it ‘misfortunes” don’t occur again. But we are not holding our breath.

Having been on that cruise also and missing out of the stuff I really wanted to see and do in New Zealand,  we will hopefully get back down there, but it will be totally on Land,  not taking that chance, ever again any place in the world.   I do have another cruise booked, but I will spend time on land before and after the cruise to ensure I see what I really wanted to.   

• Like 4

I wonder if the NZ snafu resulted in the “early retirement” of Jason Montegue and the installation of Andrea DeMarco as president.   If heads rolled that would explain Regent’s silence.  

30 minutes ago, forgap said:

I wonder if the NZ snafu resulted in the “early retirement” of Jason Montegue and the installation of Andrea DeMarco as president.   If heads rolled that would explain Regent’s silence.  

More likely stock underperformance vs the other cruise lines...

13 hours ago, Trunkabella said:

Andrea deMarco was already president during the AUK - SYD segment.  She signed all of the “apology” letters.

Rephrase : "Her signature was on all of the apology letters"  ...if she had actually had to sign them all she might have grasped the impact of the situation on so many. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 12:27 AM, Lonedaddy said:

Surprised there weren’t any responses on the ill fated explorer Auckland to Sydney disaster from MS Teegan.  

Well, as someone once said All animals are equal but some are more equal than others

• Like 2

On 4/21/2023 at 12:15 PM, Pcardad said:

More likely stock underperformance vs the other cruise lines...

That makes no sense.  There is no Regent stock only NCLH stock which includes Regent, Oceania, and NCL.  Now perhaps it was Regent underperforming bringing down the total NCLH stock however FDR is the head of NCLH and responsible for the total NCLH corporation.

And sure NCL is significantly larger in NCLH than the total of Regent and Oceania.

1 hour ago, rallydave said:

That makes no sense.  There is no Regent stock only NCLH stock which includes Regent, Oceania, and NCL.  Now perhaps it was Regent underperforming bringing down the total NCLH stock however FDR is the head of NCLH and responsible for the total NCLH corporation.

And sure NCL is significantly larger in NCLH than the total of Regent and Oceania.

And perhaps he had related reasons to clean house before stepping back....it is only conjure at this point as the relevant info isn't public.

On 4/20/2023 at 5:33 PM, pappy1022 said:

Actually, these days we should always expect great services and great experiences with some other non-luxury cruise lines (like Celebrity) for the same reason (after business class air credit and included excursions (say $150 per person per tour) the Reagent cruise fare is similar to others - $500- $700 per day for most itineraries).

On 4/21/2023 at 12:20 AM, DavidTheWonderer said:

For those folks who may be put off by the "Dear John" post that started this thread, we've been sailing with Regent (formerly Radisson) for 23 years. We're certainly not in the super-elite status, but do have considerable experience with the product they offer. Our recent Caribbean cruise on Splendor was as close to perfection in every respect as I have any right to expect. I sure felt that they still love me.

Agree - we had the 16-day "Christmas on the Canal" Panama December 20, 2022 cruise.  Was it the same orchestra (a super energetic leader (wearing glasses and using a white towel all night during his 11 pm performance - I think his name is Wesley) and charismatic guitarist Yevgeniy)?