Royal Up

27 minutes ago, Barbara60 said:

Any idea if chances should be good to get my Royal Up bid?

Yes, though inventory alone may not be the deciding factor. Look for that inventory to drop dramatically one day - that's when the Royal Ups were likely awarded.

1 hour ago, Barbara60 said:

I have checked how many balcony cabins left for my cruise to Alaska in 3 weeks. Showing about 60 left. That seems like a lot to me. 

Also some gty cabins might not yet be awarded. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Barbara60 said:

I have checked how many balcony cabins left for my cruise to Alaska in 3 weeks. Showing about 60 left. That seems like a lot to me. 

Are you on Brilliance May 7th?  We are still waiting for a possible Royal up from a Junior Suite to either Grand or Owners.

Hope we both get it!

11 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Is there any way to prioritize Royal Up bids?  Say I bid on a JS and a GS, but I'd prefer the GS if both bids are acceptable.

Bid much higher on the GS than the JS? Without knowing the details of the criteria used, it's all a guess.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Is there any way to prioritize Royal Up bids?  Say I bid on a JS and a GS, but I'd prefer the GS if both bids are acceptable.

Since it's all an algorithm where they look at the total revenue stream they can generate not only from your bid but then the bid on your cabin and so on I'm pretty sure it would never end in a tie where someone would have to decide.  As Biker suggested just bid a lot higher on the GS and keep your fingers crossed

• Like 1

I just got my Royal Up from a Junior Suite to a 1 Bedroom Grand Suite on Harmony in 2 weeks.  So, can anyone tell me what to do next?  Will I be contacted about anything?  If I have already purchased drink pkgs, Voom, Specialty Restaurant reservations, will I need to cancel those and get a refund?  Do I need to call and do that?  I have never won a bid for a Sky Class Suite before.  

1 hour ago, ryzmom said:

I just got my Royal Up from a Junior Suite to a 1 Bedroom Grand Suite on Harmony in 2 weeks.  So, can anyone tell me what to do next?  Will I be contacted about anything?  If I have already purchased drink pkgs, Voom, Specialty Restaurant reservations, will I need to cancel those and get a refund?  Do I need to call and do that?  I have never won a bid for a Sky Class Suite before.  

The only prepaid item that would be included in Sky Class would be a VOOM pkg - so you can definitely cancel that.  Just go to the Cruise Planner and cancel it online.  Sky Class does not include specialty dining or beverage pkgs…so presumably you would want to keep those unless you intend on dining exclusively in the Coastal Kitchen, in which case you may choose to cancel the specialty dining.  Personally, I’m not that fond of the CK so I would probably keep my specialty dining options but that’s a personal choice. While you can get water, soda, beer and wine in the Suites lounge from 11-11, it’s not particularly convenient to run back up there every time you want a drink, but I guess you could consider cancelling drink pkgs….

Enjoy your suite !

On 4/19/2023 at 1:05 PM, Biker19 said:

Yes, though inventory alone may not be the deciding factor. Look for that inventory to drop dramatically one day - that's when the Royal Ups were likely awarded.

Happened on my cruise just today! Leaving June 30th. As of yesterday, there were many cabins available in inside cat. and balconies. Today, It says sold out except for suites.

1 hour ago, AspiringCindy said:

Today, It says sold out except for suites.

That may not be Royal UP related, especially this far out. Having insides disappear likely have nothing to do with Royal Up as people move up from those so if anything, inventory should go up on those not down. Royal does inventory management all the time when inventory disappears like that and then they come back after a few days.