Educate me about Vueling Airlines

klfrodo

It's a couple of years away but we are ending a cruise in Barcelona. Want to spend a few days exploring Barcelona then hop on over to Rome for a few days before flying back to the States. My circumstances are that there will be at least 4 (maybe only 3 if I'm lucky) pieces of checked luggage along with backpacks for 2 adults. (Please don't fight the amount of luggage, it's a losing battle and just the price I have to pay.)

So, I know that they are low cost but can anyone estimate the added fees that I could expect per person? 

My other option is to fly Business on Iberia (which would be my choice) but it also has the downfall of being a 5 hour travel day with a short layover in Madrid.

It's been a couple of years since I flew Vueling, don't recall exactly what fare I paid or baggage fees, decent for a low cost carrier but would have been a bit of a zoo with that amount of baggage.

If you're looking at IB Business anyway, I'd be inclined to go that route.

Vueling is a reliable airline - I used them yesterday from Malaga to Copenhagen.
The fee you pay for additional checked luggage depends on weight (15, 20, 25, 30 Kg) as well as the distance. 
You can also pay for additional leg room.

Once you have booked your ticket you can always add hand luggage if you need to place it in overhead bin as well as fee for additional checked luggage based on weight in Kg.

You can find additional fees here.

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Vueling is a reliable airline - I used them yesterday from Malaga to Copenhagen.
The fee you pay for additional checked luggage depends on weight (15, 20, 25, 30 Kg) as well as the distance. 
You can also pay for additional leg room.

Once you have booked your ticket you can always add hand luggage if you need to place it in overhead bin and additional checked luggage.

You can find Prices here.

THANK YOU!!

Those prices for checked luggage are eye opening and definitely to be considered when making travel arrangements.

22 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Those prices for checked luggage are eye opening and definitely to be considered when making travel arrangements.

Yes, You never know the final price before tickets are booked and additional fees paid.

If it were me I'd look at flying ITA (the former Alitalia), at least the days I checked there are a few non-stops from Barcelona to Rome.  Their business class looks like it includes 2 checked bags at 32kg each.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 9:06 AM, klfrodo said:

THANK YOU!!

I don't really think the prices are all that bad with respect to Vueling.  If you book an Optima ticket and add a bag of 20kg you'll get 45kg (~100 lbs) of checked in baggage per person. I looked at some prices and the all in cost was about $110/person when booking BCN-FCO well in advance.  Of course things can always change with respect to prices.

• 2 weeks later...