NCL Flight Program

pajazz28

Hi, anyone every flow from Florida to Alaska on the NCL BOGO Flights? I have been looking for a while and i do not see many flights that arrive in Alaska on the same day yuo leave. Has anyone ever missed a connection flight with the NCL flight? and if so what happened? I see NCL has a Premium Air Department we can contact. Should I call and request certain things before our flight is schedule? Please any help would be great thanks? 

I’m having issues with them on this program. They lied to me. They said upon booking that my reservation was tied together with my 80 year old mother who is traveling with my mentally disabled sister. Now 67 days before we leave they tell me that does not include flying together. I specifically asked that question when I booked. I told them to pull the recording and they refused. They said they are unable to book us together because they stopped doing that 3 months ago!!  They said the only option they have is for me to cancel and take the penalty. What kind of customer service is this!!

12 minutes ago, orvildog said:

I’m having issues with them on this program. They lied to me. They said upon booking that my reservation was tied together with my 80 year old mother who is traveling with my mentally disabled sister. Now 67 days before we leave they tell me that does not include flying together. I specifically asked that question when I booked. I told them to pull the recording and they refused. They said they are unable to book us together because they stopped doing that 3 months ago!!  They said the only option they have is for me to cancel and take the penalty. What kind of customer service is this!!

It’s been reported here that unless you are in the same cabin you are not guaranteed to be on the same flights.

47 minutes ago, pajazz28 said:

Hi, anyone every flow from Florida to Alaska on the NCL BOGO Flights? I have been looking for a while and i do not see many flights that arrive in Alaska on the same day yuo leave. Has anyone ever missed a connection flight with the NCL flight? and if so what happened? I see NCL has a Premium Air Department we can contact. Should I call and request certain things before our flight is schedule? Please any help would be great thanks? 

You can request to fly in the day before or two days before.  The one time that I used the NCL BOGO flights, I had to call in to book my cruise because the website was acting up.  I asked the representative what happens if the flight doesn't get there in time, he said you miss the ship.  He set it up for us to fly in the day before.  The representative also said NCL offers a small discount to encourage folks to fly in the day before. I don't remember exactly what it was but I think it was $25 per person.   If you book online, I suspect that you just get flights the day of embarkation.  I don't recall being given any options on when I wanted to fly in.  A friend booked online (her first cruise) and realized 60 days before the cruise that they were flying day of embarkation from NC to Seattle.  NCL would not change it but the airline did for $626.  You can make changes to NCL flight if you call at least 75 days before your cruise. 

43 minutes ago, orvildog said:

I specifically asked that question when I booked

A review of the T&C's would have revealed that what you asked for is not possible

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

'All guests booked within a singular reservation will be booked on the same flight.'

"Singular reservation", meaning one cabin as a reservation number does not 'cross' cabins.  There is no additional wording allowing for reservations to be linked for the purpose of flight booking.  They USED to allow it, but it's been a year since they stopped doing it, when they had issues with flight schedules last summer.

2 hours ago, pajazz28 said:

Of course there aren't many flights that arrive the same day you leave from Florida, if that's what you meant - that's not how it works when you are flying clear across the country!!  Even with the 3 hour time difference in your favor, at least flying to Alaska (not in your favor flying home). And assuming you mean Anchorage (Alaska is pretty big), you are looking at about 12 hours of flight time.  

Premium air is not the same as BOGO.  Premium air will work with you on your reservation but you don't get the BOGO discount.  If you choose BOGO your only "request" is what airport and what day you want to arrive (day you cruise, 1 day before, 2 days before) - and the reverse for your trip home.

Missing connections/flight cancellations are a big problem these days, which is why it is recommended to fly the day before and stay in a hotel for 1 night prior to your cruise.  If you miss your connection, it is up to you to work with the airline to get rebooked.  If you can still make the ship, great.  Otherwise, you need to coordinate with the ship/NCL to possibly board at the next port. And then deal with your insurance to cover your added expenses, missed port compensation (if included in your policy).

1. Fly in the day before.

2. BOGO Airfare is cheap. You get what you pay for.

3. Do not, like ever, believe NCL customer service reps, either chat or phone. 

4. Expect very little from NCL. You might be happily surprised. Or, at least you won't be disappointed. 

5. Different reservation? Different flight is a strong possibility. Deal with it. Or, purchase your own airfare.

Above might look rude. It's just realistic. It's the way the world works. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Personally, unless the savings is substantial, its not worth it for me.  I originally signed up for it for my Breakaway cruise in February 2023.  I ended up cancelling it (prior to final payment).  We booked our own flights and it cost about the same as the "BOGO" offer.  I think we paid a total of $100 more to book our own ($25/pp).   We're cruising Hawaii in the fall and I just booked my own airfare.  I actually paid less than what the BOGO offer was.   We ended up decided to fly in 3 days early and stay 5 days after so we couldn't have done the BOGO anyway.

From everything I've read here and on other boards unless the savings is in the thousands I'll continue to book my own flights.

Well we are less than 50 days away and I do not beleive I can change it. Hopefully since I am doing a cruise tour and they are in Fairbanks for two days we will be ok. It's in God's hands now. Thank you for all your responss.