Airport to hotel prestay transfer in Copenhagen 200.00?🥴

gailellen12

Good afternoon. I just called to get a quote on one prenight stay in Copenhagen for the Norwegian Dawn cruise Aug 6. The agent quoted me a price of approx 273.90. to include the hotel and hotel to cruise transfer. She then proceeded to add that the airport to hotel transfer would raise the price to over 400.00. I asked her to repeat it twice. This makes no sense. Obviously I could get from the airport some other way but I am a solo female traveler and feel more comfortable going with the cruise line. Any thoughts🤔

23 minutes ago, gailellen12 said:

I am a solo senior so I do get a little nervous about striking out on my own but this cost is ridiculous!

I looked at the info from my trip last summer - the NCL bus from the port to the airport (my cruise ended in Copenhagen) was $37.50.

Solo senior as well. I do know that they charge double when you are using the hotel package, even though you are solo.  And although I've never used them for the hotel package, when I've asked about it they've never quoted the pieces, just the total.

I usually book my own hotel near the airport, one that has an airport shuttle.  Then go back to the airport the following day and take the NCL shuttle to the port.  On my last trip however they notified me just prior to my cruise that I couldn't do it that way because of some restrictions at the airport.  Not a happy camper but I was able to change hotels to something with a shuttle but near the port, then the hotel called me a cab and it all worked out.

I'd call back, something doesn't seem right.

1 hour ago, gailellen12 said:

I am a solo senior so I do get a little nervous about striking out on my own but this cost is ridiculous!

I was in Copenhagen last year as a solo female.  It seemed very safe.  I ended up staying over the border in Sweden for a few nights because the cost of Copenhagen was very high due to the Tour de France at the time I was there.

Edited by majmaj4

I have an overnight in Copenhagen due to a flight routing on our way home from our Mediterranean cruise in August.  We are staying at the Comfort Hotel at the airport.  I am not normally an airport hotel person, even with an early flight, but this one seems convenient and has a rooftop bar. (Can leave kids in room while we get a drink).  Coincidence, we are also there on August 6.

At any rate, Copenhagen is expensive, however the airport is very easily connected.

Which hotel? How many nights are you planning to stay in CPH pre-cruise? 

CPH is my fave city (I’m 1/2 Danish) and last time we were there I booked a hotel in the city that we accessed very easily from/to Kastrup by Metro. 

6 hours ago, gailellen12 said:

I am a solo female traveler and felt very safe in CPH. My cruise ended there and I booked a hotel in the Nyhaven area.  Took a cab from the port to the hotel for 2 nights, then to the airport the 3rd morning for a flight to Norway. All very easy; walked to most of the sights and restaurants. No need to be nervous, just follow your instincts.

We are a family of three and used public transportation (the light rail) to get from the airport to the hotel and used public transportation again from the hotel to the Dawn at dock.  The transportation from the hotel to the cruise dock was a bus, and it was nearly empty.  When we boarded with luggage, the driver asked (in Dutch and then in English) if we were going on a cruise.  When we said we were he made sure we got off at the right spot for the Dawn. 😁 It was a short walk from the bus stop to the ship.

Google maps knew which train route to take from the airport to the hotel and which bus to take from the hotel to the ship.

None of us speak any Dutch, but everyone we encountered in the tourist zones spoke English. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gailellen12 said:

Good afternoon. I just called to get a quote on one prenight stay in Copenhagen for the Norwegian Dawn cruise Aug 6. The agent quoted me a price of approx 273.90. to include the hotel and hotel to cruise transfer. She then proceeded to add that the airport to hotel transfer would raise the price to over 400.00. I asked her to repeat it twice. This makes no sense. Obviously I could get from the airport some other way but I am a solo female traveler and feel more comfortable going with the cruise line. Any thoughts🤔

The agent obviously have quoted the price of a private transfer for you (door-to-door-service), that is always rather expensive. I advice you to just take a regular taxi from outside the terminal at the airport and directly to your hotel, price would be around $35 if I remember correctly.

I am Danish and live in Copenhagen, so just my two cents.

You can easily take public transportation and/or a taxi, it is completely safe. Also alone. Alot of people are using public transportation, especially in the city centre, so you will not even feel alone. Most of bus drivers are very helpful if you're not sure where to go.

Taxis are very expensive in Denmark, and when we've cruised from Copenhagen we've taken a bus all the way to the terminal.

I suggest taking the metro to Orientkaj (last stop on the line) from CPH Central Station or from Kongens Nytorv (which even connects to/from the airport). From Orientkaj you can walk (approx. 2 km.) or take a bus to the terminal (Oceankaj). Bus 25 and 164 both operates this route, and bus 25 ONLY operates this route and drives when there's a ship in port.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, BostonGal35 said:

the Hotel Bethel right on the canal in Nyhavn is amazing.   very safe city, we had no issues and took train from teh airport.

This is where I stayed and it was fabulous. Even though I was alone, I splurged on a large corner room with a view. Great to walk everywhere. Very easy to/from port and then to airport. 

34 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

This is where I stayed and it was fabulous. Even though I was alone, I splurged on a large corner room with a view. Great to walk everywhere. Very easy to/from port and then to airport. 

yes, we did the corner room as well.  absolutely would stay there again if we find ourselves in Copenhagen!