Florist Onboard Regatta?

Robroy

Quick question - my wife and I are on an upcoming Regatta trip and she will celebrate a birthday while onboard. Wondering if there is a florist onboard I can order a special arrangement for her?

Thanks,

Rob

Edited by Robroy

• Robroy changed the title to Florist Onboard Regatta?

No florist on board. BUT per the "General Travel & Onboard Information" booklet (the "blue book"):

"SPECIAL OCCASIONS Please advice O Cruises at least 60 days prior to departure of any special occasions that you will be celebrating while aboard. It is also recommended that you reconfirm your request with the Concierge upon embarkation."

Thanks for the replies. I gapped on this and then hoped that there would be a florist as we've seen on other lines. Mea culpa.......will have to think of something else!

Cheers,

Rob

1 hour ago, Robroy said:

Thanks for the replies. I gapped on this and then hoped that there would be a florist as we've seen on other lines. Mea culpa.......will have to think of something else!

Cheers,

Rob

I would  call O  & see what they  can do for you

They do have fresh flowers onboard  but not sure if they  have a permanent  florist  on staff

Make sure her Birthday is noted in your file  ..they will bring cake 😉

1 hour ago, Robroy said:

Cheers,

Rob

No florists, art sales, photogs, retail booze sales, amusement park….

• Like 1

I inquired about flowers for my anniversary celebration and I was told they could order flowers to be picked up in port. The problem was we wanted them after 2 days at sea, so flowers would not have been fresh.  O said what we received would depend on what was available in the port when they were ordered. 
k

On the Sirena my husband tried to order flowers for me for Valentines Day.  They had to order outside the ship in Barbados,  The price was outrageous and he had to pay cash for it to the front desk. He could not put it on the room account.  I suggest that if you want to get flowers, to leave the ship and find a florist and get them yourself.

Terri

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

On the Sirena my husband tried to order flowers for me for Valentines Day.  They had to order outside the ship in Barbados. The price was outrageous and he had to pay cash for it to the front desk. He could not put it on the room account.

The price hardly "outrageous" if you're asking others to go get flowers for you in an overseas port off a cruise ship. 

When O lets you bring alcohol on board (which I did all over the Caribbean in 12/2012 & 11/2022), the only thing "outrageous" was him failing to get off the ship and go buy some flowers locally. Fascinating to see so much commerce so close to these cruise ship ports. Often entire department stores, pharmacies, and so much more. Which you can literally see from your veranda.

When on Sirena last November I met some new crew (entertainers). At each port, they wanted to find local shops and stores to buy their groceries and department store and other items. I'd come back on the ship and tell them where it was. And sometimes literally point to the big building we could see on board and say, "That's the grocery store" or "That's the department story" or "That's the pharmacy". In San Juan, as I was looking for inexpensive 151 proof rum, I ran into the cruise director in a big store. She said, "That's where I've shopped for nearly 30 years."

Edited by MEFIowa
Typo

2 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

The price hardly "outrageous" if you're asking others to go get flowers for you in an overseas port off a cruise ship. 

Let’s put it this way.  DH was not aware that there was no florist on board.  Had my husband known, he would have done things differently.  The price he paid for what he got was “outrageous”.  OTOH I do understand your point.

Terri

6 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

... OTOH I do understand your point....

Though for "outrageous" & purchases in the Caribbean... When my wife saw the tasteful partial nude painting I bought in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic last November (she was on the ship while I was out late in the afternoon till the last-minute return), she looked at it when I returned to the ship and stated, "I can't wait to see our new house when you hang that up, since it isn't going on any of the walls in our current house." (I joke with my friends that this is "The painting that will buy a new house!" She hangs in the basement.)

• Haha 2

MEF, you are such a shopper 🤪, if it was my DW, it would be ME hanging in the basement.  Good thing we don’t have a basement. 
Cruzin, define Outrageous. An occasion like Valentines Day and a DW, nothing could be too good❤️ When I have wanted flowers delivered on board, I just order from O and the cost is buried in my Statement that DW never looks at. 😇 Another great place to spend SBC. Besides, the flower arrangements have been beautiful. 
OK, I am done.

Mauibabes

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MEFIowa said:

[S]he looked at it when I returned to the ship and stated, "I can't wait to see our new house when you hang that up, since it isn't going on any of the walls in our current house."

I would have been inclined to tell you, "I can't wait to see YOUR new house when you hang that up..."

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

MEF, you are such a shopper 🤪, if it was my DW, it would be ME hanging in the basement.  Good thing we don’t have a basement. 
Cruzin, define Outrageous. An occasion like Valentines Day and a DW, nothing could be too good❤️ When I have wanted flowers delivered on board, I just order from O and the cost is buried in my Statement that DW never looks at. 😇 Another great place to spend SBC. Besides, the flower arrangements have been beautiful. 
OK, I am done.

Mauibabes

The cost was not buried in the statement.  The front desk wanted cash,  I thought I made that clear.

There was no option to have it put on the statement.  We had plenty of shipboard credit, both refundable and non refundable.  It was not an option.

Terri

• Like 1

I know you mentioned the Reception Desk and Cash.  I was referring to ordering the flowers in advance via the Bon Voyage Gifts and then the cost would have been included in your Oceania statement.  My mistake, if your DH tried to order the flowers while on the ship, totally different ball game. Yes I bet they would have been expensive but you have to give the guy a breat because it was for you for Valentines Day. Remember, you are SPECIAL. 😇👍

OK, Out and on to a new topic.

Mauibabes

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cliff-FLL said:

I would have been inclined to tell you, "I can't wait to see YOUR new house when you hang that up..."

Though you have to see the actual painting. As even she admitted, it is a very tasteful partial nude that really has a wonderful Caribbean vibe. She does appreciate nice art. :)

We were on the Riveria on my birthday. I don’t often splurge on spa treatments but my husband surprised me with an afternoon at the spa. It was amazing and I loved it! Then dinner at Toscana with cake and the staff singing Happy birthday. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 8:50 AM, Robroy said:

Cheers,

Rob

jewelry always works!

1 hour ago, hmorrow said:

jewelry always works!

Depends on the person 😉

I am one that could care less  about  flowers or jewelry

If I want  something shiny I usually buy it myself 😄

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Depends on the person 😉

I am one that could care less  about  flowers or jewelry

If I want  something shiny I usually buy it myself 😄

I should have said , jewelry always works for me! Lol

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2023 at 4:18 PM, Cruzin Terri said:

The cost was not buried in the statement.  The front desk wanted cash,  I thought I made that clear.

There was no option to have it put on the statement.  We had plenty of shipboard credit, both refundable and non refundable.  It was not an option.

Terri

Hi Terri.  How did you receive refundable shipboard credit? I have friends cruising on their anniversary and when the TA called Oceania to ask if they didn’t use all the SBC that I want to send them would they be able to receive a refund.  She was told, No.  She was told they have to use it or they lose it. So just curious how it worked for you that you had refundable SBC.