Weird notice

Mrs f.

I just got left in my mailbox that there was a missed package left for me from Oceania. It requires a payment of $4.05!  I think I am going to call Oceania and try to find out what is in the package and do I want to pay for it.  You wood think Oceania could pay proper postage.

I just tried calling the 855 oceania number. Spoke to lady who said she would transfer me to Passenger Services. Got voice mail that said I would be called back.

Edited by Mrs f.
Typo

• Are you leaving on an O cruise in the next month or two?  If so, it could be your pre-cruise booklet.  The postage sounds about right for that.  It is mailed by a third party so it may have got skipped when going through the postage machine.  Just an idea...

12 minutes ago, basor said:
  • Are you leaving on an O cruise in the next month or two?  If so, it could be your pre-cruise booklet.  The postage sounds about right for that.  It is mailed by a third party so it may have got skipped when going through the postage machine.  Just an idea...

No cruise till August and final payment not due yet.  Will have to wait for Oceania to call back or for mail lady to come back tomorrow 

1 minute ago, Mrs f. said:

No cruise till August and final payment not due yet.  Will have to wait for Oceania to call back or for mail lady to come back tomorrow 

Well - it was an idea, can't help now....let us know!

Orange USPS paper left in my mailbox. We are in a gated community.    I think it's legit but wonder what it could be.  More brochures???

Time, and I,  will tell.

1 hour ago, Mrs f. said:

I just got left in my mailbox that there was a missed package left for me from Oceania. It requires a payment of $4.05!  I think I am going to call Oceania and try to find out what is in the package and do I want to pay for it.  You wood think Oceania could pay proper postage.

Going on a cruise soon? Could be your Blue Book. (But don’t know why postage would be due - unless it went first to your TA who didn’t put the postage. 
Only other thing I can think of is that you lost something onboard and it’s being returned.

Of course Oceania has not returned my call.

Hubby just had a thought....maybe the cap and bag that they were out of?  Got back from last cruise mid January and I don't think I lost anything.

Hopefully mail lady comes again tomorrow. If not I'll go to post office on Monday 

Edited by Mrs f.
Spelling

5 minutes ago, Mrs f. said:

Of course Oceania has not returned my call.

Hubby just had a thought....maybe the cap and bag that they were out of?  Got back from last cruise mid January and I don't think I lost anything.

Hopefully mail lady comes again tomorrow. If not I'll go to post office on Monday 

As usual 😉, hubby is probably correct😳.

• Haha 1

Not the same thing as physical mail, but I often get scam emails that “my package is coming, but I need to call to complete my address”, or some variation on that.

I believe the term for that is “phishing”…

• Like 1

Mystery solved. Oceania never called back. Went to post office.  It was 2 thick O brochures in a clear wrapper.  $4.05 postage due because we are away and it was forwarded as 3rd class mail.   Here I was hoping it was our Bronze level caps.  

On 4/22/2023 at 10:11 PM, bob brown said:

Not the same thing as physical mail, but I often get scam emails...

The other day, I received an email from the US Postal Service, stating they have a package me but the sender used the wrong mailing address.  In order for them to forward it to my correct address, I needed to pay an additional "1,19 USD" - and there was a convenient link so I could enter my credit card information!  Of course, USPS is so cutting edge, they've stopped using those dated decimal points and have switched to the European standard of a comma.  Also, it's very kind of them to specify "USD", so I didn't think they wanted to get paid in Loonies or Euros.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Mrs f. said:

Mystery solved. Oceania never called back. Went to post office.  It was 2 thick O brochures in a clear wrapper.  $4.05 postage due because we are away and it was forwarded as 3rd class mail.   Here I was hoping it was our Bronze level caps.  

So your postal service charges you  if you are not home??

According to the lady at the post office.....first class brochures are forwarded free.   These were 3rd class and therefore subject to charge for forwarding. We are away for several months.   I am not interested in paying $4.05 for Oceania brochures and declined acceptance.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mrs f. said:

According to the lady at the post office.....first class brochures are forwarded free.   These were 3rd class and therefore subject to charge for forwarding. We are away for several months.   I am not interested in paying $4.05 for Oceania brochures and declined acceptance.  

Good idea 😉