Check your safe before disembarking - I found someone's stuff

roxievegas

4 hours ago, wrongwaywatson said:

Curious...why WOULDN'T you use the safe?   The first thing we do when we get to the cabin is put our wallets, passports and extra cash into the safe.

Especially since they need to be stored somewhere.  Plus you are assured that should you need to leave in a hurry as in a call to muster stations everything you need to grab is in one place. I even store our meds on the same shelf.

• Like 2

I've never found anything in the safe but have found stuff under the bottom drawer of the bedside table. I pulled the drawer all the way out for some reason and there was paperwork and greeting cards underneath. I check the safe very carefully and my wife also checks. It only makes sense to do so. We also make an extra sweep of the cabin after both of us are certain we have gotten everything. It's quick and easy to do.

• Like 2

We use the safe for my wallet which has the passports, credit cards etc. I really wonder why people would put their keys in there though. Do they think someone from the ship will steal their car or break into their home? I put the keys in a zippered compartment in my tote bag and leave them there.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Anubi said:

A suggestion for the safe, put a white piece of paper over the dark liner.  Everything stands out!  🙂 

Not under the front ledge it doesn't. 

8 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

We use the safe for my wallet which has the passports, credit cards etc. I really wonder why people would put their keys in there though. Do they think someone from the ship will steal their car or break into their home? I put the keys in a zippered compartment in my tote bag and leave them there.

If you keep your car key in there it provides a reminder to take everything else when you leave, especially now since you don't need a passport to leave the ship. 

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Not under the front ledge it doesn't. 

If you keep your car key in there it provides a reminder to take everything else when you leave, especially now since you don't need a passport to leave the ship. 

I guess we all have our own systems of remembering things. Our car keys are the last thing we would think of as we don’t drive to the port, so they’re put away. I would never forget my wallet though. It comes out of the safe and into my purse the night before we disembark.

• Like 1