Earliest flight from SEA?

KKB

We are scheduled to dock at 7AM. 

Plan to take the RCCL shuttle to the port.

Is 9:45 too early to try to fly out?

In FLL I'd never worry...but I have only flew into SEA & not out & have heard horror stories.

I know you can use SEA Spot Saver to save time.

Just because the Quantum docks at 7 AM, it doesn't mean that you will be able to get off the ship at 7 AM.  CBP, Longshore and pier-side staff all have to be in place before passengers disembark..  Sometimes there are unforeseen delays  

If last season was any indication, you will be still sailing with about 3500 - 4K passengers during your Sept cruise..  So while I am guessing that you plan to 'self assist' by walking off carrying your own bags, you still need to get in line for the airport transfer, and wait until it is full before it departs.

It's great that you plan to use the SpotSaver app, but remember that you can only book your SpotSaver arrival time up to 3 days before your flight.  Since you will be on a ship in Alaska & Canada, you may or may not have cell coverage during that part of the cruise to use the app.

To be safe, don't book a flight before 11:30 AM.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Just because the Quantum docks at 7 AM, it doesn't mean that you will be able to get off the ship at 7 AM.  CBP, Longshore and pier-side staff all have to be in place before passengers disembark..  Sometimes there are unforeseen delays  

If last season was any indication, you will be still sailing with about 3500 - 4K passengers during your Sept cruise..  So while I am guessing that you plan to 'self assist' by walking off carrying your own bags, you still need to get in line for the airport transfer, and wait until it is full before it departs.

It's great that you plan to use the SpotSaver app, but remember that you can only book your SpotSaver arrival time up to 3 days before your flight.  Since you will be on a ship in Alaska & Canada, you may or may not have cell coverage during that part of the cruise to use the app.

To be safe, don't book a flight before 11:30 AM.

Yes, I was on the Quantum last year and while we made it back to Seattle early, we were not cleared to depart off the ship until 8:30. There were a lot of panicked people who were going to miss their flight. 

There's two roads to the airport- I5 and 99. If one of those has an issue, your 30 minute trip to the airport will easily be over an hour. 

SEA is hit or miss. I've seen it empty and I've seen lines down to the parking garage. Cruise season the airport is always packed. 

11:30 would be my earliest gamble having TSA Precheck and CLEAR. 

• Like 1